The Evil of Gay Transcends Individual Religion

When are you people going to realize that God cares about how we use our procreative powers? Why is it so difficult to understand that matters of how life enters the world and how it leaves this world are important to both God and man? And when are you going to understand that misuse of those powers leads to death, captivity, and destruction?

How though, do you know exactly who God is, what he wants, and how he wants us to help him accomplish that?

And if you refer to the Bible for your answer, what makes the Bible more factual, real than any of the world's other major religions or explanations for the universe?

There are many religions groups, for instance, that approach gay marriage as something that is OK.

Because the Bible is the ONE TRUE GOD's word. The others are man made false religions or cults. That is why.
Which version of the bible is the "one true god's" word? There are many and they don't all match.

Sharia law authorizes the murder of homosexuals and the stoning to death of women for adultery. Egyptian men are promoting legislation that would legalize sex with their dead wives and the American left is concerned about the Catholic Church's opposition to gay marriages? Get some perspective sissie whiners.

Doesn't the Bible say that homosexuals shall be put to death?

>>>>

Sharia law authorizes the murder of homosexuals and the stoning to death of women for adultery. Egyptian men are promoting legislation that would legalize sex with their dead wives and the American left is concerned about the Catholic Church's opposition to gay marriages? Get some perspective sissie whiners.

Oh look....be thankful because at least we don't KILL YOU!

Good point, noted.

But what gives them the right to enforce their own personal religious views upon the entire populous? Why can't they just practice their own faiths, within their own private churches and leave it at that?
The gays started it when they came out of the closet and decided that they had to force their perverted ways on us. They need to stop crying and accept the fact that they are wrong.

If a same-sex couple is recognized as “married” under law, this will result in no change to your life whatsoever. If you don’t mind, how about you please name one thing you are able to do now that you won’t be able to do if same-sex marriage is allowed.

Because if gays are “forcing their ways” on you, then there certainly must be a few things they will be preventing you from doing, right?
The same idiots that support gay marriage are the ones that go after crosses, Bibles, "in God we trust", and the Ten Commandments. Plus, when they go into schools and push their beliefs on my child and other children without their parents permission, that is forcing their sickness on others. They are WRONG!!!

>>>>
Yes, in Leviticus.

>>>>
Yes, in Leviticus.

Actually, that was kind of a rhetorical question. But thanks. ;)

>>>>

When are you people going to realize that God cares about how we use our procreative powers? Why is it so difficult to understand that matters of how life enters the world and how it leaves this world are important to both God and man? And when are you going to understand that misuse of those powers leads to death, captivity, and destruction?

How though, do you know exactly who God is, what he wants, and how he wants us to help him accomplish that?

And if you refer to the Bible for your answer, what makes the Bible more factual, real than any of the world's other major religions or explanations for the universe?

There are many religions groups, for instance, that approach gay marriage as something that is OK.

Because the Bible is the ONE TRUE GOD's word. The others are man made false religions or cults. That is why.

Actually, Christianity is a man made religion that not only borrowed a great deal of their beliefs from the Jewish people, but it also mixes in pagan practices from when Rome adopted Christianity as it's official religion.

If you want to talk about the only "One True Word of God", you'd be better off talking about the Torah.

Actually, Christianity is a man made religion that not only borrowed a great deal of their beliefs from the Jewish people, but it also mixes in pagan practices from when Rome adopted Christianity as it's official religion.

If you want to talk about the only "One True Word of God", you'd be better off talking about the Torah.
Actually, the WHOLE BIBLE is the word of GOD. Christianity is not a religion, it is a relationship with Christ. Jesus was Jewish. To say Christianity is man made and the Bible is not the word of God is a LIE!!

Actually, the WHOLE BIBLE is the word of GOD. Christianity is not a religion, it is a relationship with Christ. Jesus was Jewish. To say Christianity is man made and the Bible is not the word of God is a LIE!!

Bullshit. The OT is divided up as follows, the first 5 books are actually the Torah, with the rest of the OT being basically a history of the Jewish people.

The NT is a bunch of books written by MEN who talked about what they had seen, and later it was HEAVILY edited during the Niecine council.

Now, if man has edited what God has said, it's no longer God's Word now, is it? It's mans version of what they THINK God's Word is.

Fail. Try again.

Top Pope official Mennini called for people of all faiths - including Christians, Jews, and Muslims - to "unite" to defeat gay marriage.

Funny that issues like fighting poverty, hunger, and war weren't important enough to unite on, but when it comes to the gays, well....

Any thoughts?

Yes. Funny, religions teach humility and respect. Some sects take vows of poverty, many religious leaders lead anti-war movements. Most charitable organizations that give aid to the starving are religious. Religions neither support war nor do they tolerate hunger. Funny thing, that. Gay people are people. We are all weak and WE all make mistakes. Homosexuality is, in MY opinion, a vice. Not a virtue. I will not accept such a practice. To be honest , Americans ALL have the same rights. To expand that to sexual perversion because it's become some twisted ideal of a new unknown human right is laughable as it is unnecessary. That is my reply.

Why should americans worry about the domestic policies of foreign countries more than the one they live in?

I know you're a part of the group who thinks we should be the world's police, but I can't agree with that ridiculous logic you just posted.

If the left is concerned about the opinion of the Vatacan why not address a real religious issue that is spreading throughout the world. Sharia law authorizes the execution of homosexuals and you sissie libs are worried about getting married to your former cell mate?

I don't think gay people are after forcing any of the private institutions - like the Catholic church - to treat them equally. This battle is (and should be) with regards to purely the public sphere.
Correct. Equal access to the law pertains only to the public sector; private institutions such as churches can’t be compelled to accommodate same-sex couples. See Boy Scouts of America v. Dale (2000).

The gays started it when they came out of the closet and decided that they had to force their perverted ways on us. They need to stop crying and accept the fact that they are wrong.
Incorrect. Nothing is being ‘forced’ on anyone; and this is a fundamentally idiotic statement.

This makes no sense (as usual), what would you have the American ‘left’ do about what happens in other countries?

Otherwise the American ‘left’ is only concerned about obeying the Constitution and its mandate that every citizen have equal access to the law.

Yes. Funny, religions teach humility and respect. Some sects take vows of poverty, many religious leaders lead anti-war movements. Most charitable organizations that give aid to the starving are religious. Religions neither support war nor do they tolerate hunger. Funny thing, that. Gay people are people. We are all weak and WE all make mistakes. Homosexuality is, in MY opinion, a vice. Not a virtue. I will not accept such a practice. To be honest , Americans ALL have the same rights. To expand that to sexual perversion because it's become some twisted ideal of a new unknown human right is laughable as it is unnecessary. That is my reply.

And the above is why we have a Constitution, to protect citizens from this type of ignorance and hate.

Why should americans worry about the domestic policies of foreign countries more than the one they live in?

I know you're a part of the group who thinks we should be the world's police, but I can't agree with that ridiculous logic you just posted.

If the left is concerned about the opinion of the Vatacan why not address a real religious issue that is spreading throughout the world. Sharia law authorizes the execution of homosexuals and you sissie libs are worried about getting married to your former cell mate?

Whitehall, you don't have to be "left-leaning" to support same-sex marriage; that's a myth the more authoritarian types of Republicans tend to perpetuate.

There are many right-leaning conservatives who support equality with regards to this topic - especially many libertarians who often want government out of the marriage business all together.

Just sayin' you should rethink your categorizations.

Last edited:
Top Pope official Mennini called for people of all faiths - including Christians, Jews, and Muslims - to "unite" to defeat gay marriage.

Funny that issues like fighting poverty, hunger, and war weren't important enough to unite on, but when it comes to the gays, well....

Any thoughts?

I respect your opinion (and right to have one), but totally disagree.

I believe there exists gay people, and there exists straight people, and that people should be able to marry whoever human partner (of age) they choose under law.

I'm straight, married, and think that gay people ought to have the right to share in that same happiness that I do.

If I lobby to continue to block gay marriage and succeed, I will find NO CHANGE in my own life (this is important) yet gays will be impacted negatively in a major way. However if I vote in favor of gay marriage and succeed, again will find no change in my own life yet countless individuals will be much happier. Therefore, I opt for the net positive of society, vs net negative.

Blocking same sex marriage WILL not "get rid" of gay people; they will always exist (and always have existed).

Last edited:

Any thoughts?

I believe there exists gay people, and there exists straight people, and that people should be able to marry whoever human partner (of age) they choose under law.

I'm straight, married, and think that gay people ought to have the right to share in that same happiness that I do.

If I lobby to continue to block gay marriage and succeed, I will find NO CHANGE in my own life (this is important) yet gays will be impacted negatively in a major way. However if I vote in favor of gay marriage and succeed, again will find no change in my own life yet countless individuals will be much happier. Therefore, I opt for the net positive of society, vs net negative.

Blocking same sex marriage WILL not "get rid" of gay people; they will always exist (and always have existed).

Are you for allowing polygamy to be legal as well then?

Or marrying a relative? Or an animal?

None of those things 'harm' anyone else, right?

First of all, I clearly stated human (of age) partner (singular), so you can do away with the ridiculous standard "animal defense". We're talking marriage between humans here. And if a guy actually wants to marry his goat, I say let him. He'll be an outcast of society, and his genes will die off when he does.

Marrying a cousin can be harmful due to the fact that children that result from sexual activity between relatives can experience devastating birth defects, ect.

As for polygamy, personally I don't give a crap what people want to do in an isolated commune in the Utah desert. I think the percentage of people who actually would want to engage in this sort of activity is (and always) will be a minute and insignificant one, and will have an insignificant effect on society as a whole, and therefore don't see a need for gov't regulation.

Last edited:

First of all, I clearly stated human (of age) partner (singular), so you can do away with the ridiculous standard "animal defense". We're talking marriage between humans here. And if a guy actually wants to marry his goat, I say let him. He'll be an outcast of society, and his genes will die off when he does.

Marrying a cousin can be harmful due to the fact that children that result from sexual activity between relatives can experience devastating birth defects, ect.

As for polygamy, personally I don't give a crap what people want to do in an isolated commune in the Utah desert. I think the percentage of people who actually would want to engage in this sort of activity is (and always) will be a minute and insignificant one, and will have an insignificant effect on society as a while.

Well, in my opinion, you just lost the argument. If you're for 'freedom' and 'equal rights' for things that don't necessarily harm anyone else, then you should also support other types of 'marriages' as well. The cousins can abort any off spring, right? No harm, no foul. And if they want to have children, why is that anyone else's business? It's not hurting anyone else. You might have a leg to stand on, if you're attempting to stand up for any potential children out of the union, except for the fact that since babies can be aborted at whim, it kind of diminshes the value of that argument quite a bit, along with the value of life as a whole.

If you're for 'gay marriage', then you have nothing to say against polygamy either. It hurts no one else, it's no one else's business, they can use the exact same argument that you're using for gay marriage, absolutely no difference whatsoever.

As for polygamy, personally I don't give a crap what people want to do in an isolated commune in the Utah desert. I think the percentage of people who actually would want to engage in this sort of activity is (and always) will be a minute and insignificant one, and will have an insignificant effect on society as a while.

Well, in my opinion, you just lost the argument. If you're for 'freedom' and 'equal rights' for things that don't necessarily harm anyone else, then you should also support other types of 'marriages' as well. The cousins can abort any off spring, right? No harm, no foul. And if they want to have children, why is that anyone else's business? It's not hurting anyone else. You might have a leg to stand on, if you're attempting to stand up for any potential children out of the union, except for the fact that since babies can be aborted at whim, it kind of diminshes the value of that argument quite a bit, along with the value of life as a whole.

If you're for 'gay marriage', then you have nothing to say against polygamy either. It hurts no one else, it's no one else's business, they can use the exact same argument that you're using for gay marriage, absolutely no difference whatsoever.

No he didn't lose the argument. Beasteality (sp?) is against the law and is animal abuse, marrying a cousin does harm society because inbred individuals are more likely to get sick which gets other people sick. I have no problem with polygamy and think it should be legal.

I said explicitly that I wouldn’t care if people marry multiple partners, nor would I care if people chose to marry their goat.

The only one I would have reservations over are relatives marrying, because it puts the potential child in harm’s way. And to be honest if I had to vote, I could actually care less if relatives marry, if it meant marriage equality for all. Again, a very small insignificant group.

How do you figure I lost the argument?

Last edited:

They may very well be harmful. Jurisdictions also have good cause to prohibit such activities and likely have evidence in support of such prohibitions.

And such restrictions are legal as they’re applied to everyone equally, unlike equal access to marriage laws, where same-sex couples are alone excluded.

Again, laws prohibiting polygamy are Constitutional because they’re applied to everyone equally; where with marriage laws gays are alone singled-out for exclusion, which is un-Constitutional.

How do you figure I lost the argument?

You haven’t, your argument is perfectly consistent.

Forum List

Back