The Evil of Gay Transcends Individual Religion

Well, that's what's great about America, you get to have your opinion, and so does everyone else. If they use theirs to promote legislation or to keep legistlation from happening, that's what it's all about. Everyone should have a voice.

People have a right to vote for whatever legislation they want to. However, I as an American will always stand against legislation that prevents a certain group from taking part in an action that does no harm.

It's a shame that citizens will vote to live under tyranny.

But you refuse to accept that other people do see it as doing harm, that's the difference. And you would shut them up rather than let them have a voice because you don't agree with them. That's as much living under tyranny as your example, no different, just the other side of the coin.

Saying the government should not enact laws unless there is a compelling interest in doing so is not saying that other American's can't voice their opinion on a subject.

>>>>

• Thanks
Reactions: del
People have a right to vote for whatever legislation they want to. However, I as an American will always stand against legislation that prevents a certain group from taking part in an action that does no harm.

It's a shame that citizens will vote to live under tyranny.

But you refuse to accept that other people do see it as doing harm, that's the difference. And you would shut them up rather than let them have a voice because you don't agree with them. That's as much living under tyranny as your example, no different, just the other side of the coin.

Fair enough response...

But personally I have debated with a lot of people on the gay marriage issue and have not once come across a solid argument as to why state-recognized gay marriage would be detrimental to society, nor has anyone coughed up a good answer to this question:

How will allowing gay marriage infringe on any of your personal rights?

I never said that it would infringe on anyone else's rights, if you go back and read all of my comments, you would see that I was saying that they should accept the legal 'rights' that they want and give up on calling it marriage. If all your're after is legal access to a partnership, then go for that and stay away from 'marriage'. There are too many people with strong feelings about it, about redefining marriage. There's no compromise on your side either, Kevin.

Fair enough response...

But personally I have debated with a lot of people on the gay marriage issue and have not once come across a solid argument as to why state-recognized gay marriage would be detrimental to society, nor has anyone coughed up a good answer to this question:

How will allowing gay marriage infringe on any of your personal rights?

I never said that it would infringe on anyone else's rights, if you go back and read all of my comments, you would see that I was saying that they should accept the legal 'rights' that they want and give up on calling it marriage. If all your're after is legal access to a partnership, then go for that and stay away from 'marriage'. There are too many people with strong feelings about it, about redefining marriage. There's no compromise on your side either, Kevin.

Well, if it came down to it, I'd be in favor of getting government out of the "marriage" business completely (and I know you said you were too, I believe) and simply issue only "civil unions" to both straight and gay couples.

Forum List

Back