The Evil Empire!

Xeno, you're totally right about the Yankees and the way they spend their revenue.

The Red Sox are just a different example of the same kind of operation.

I went ahead and wrote out a detailed "note" on my facebook account about this situation and posted it for all to see.

I used to be a Yankee hater because of the money, but that was when I was a kid and didn't look at it from the business end.

I saw a lot of my fellow Phils fans shitting on the Yankees about the whole "greed" and money thing, and I think I set the record straight.

We sold out almost every game this year. We'll see what the Phils front office does now. Will they go back to their old ways since we lost, or will we have the balls to re-invest into that nice hot stove we've been talking about? :eusa_think:

and yet MLB has given just as much variety in world series champions as the NFL has, ranging from the lowest payrolls to the highest.

The NBA has a salary cap and in the past 11 years or so the spurs or lakers have been in or won the championship every year except for 2 I believe
I live in what is arguably the greatest sports city in America: Pittsburgh. And yet we have suffered through 17 consecutive losing seasons with the Pirates.

We support our major league franchises here like no other town. But inept ownership, low payroll and the goofiest trades in sports have left us with essentially a minor league baseball team. It's time to start winning again.

Every year your owner gets a boat load of money from revenue sharing.

They let him get away with it because he gives contenders good players.
What's so bad about the Pirates becoming contenders again? I'm old enough to remember Clemente, Stargell, Dave "the Cobra" Parker, Bobby Bonilla, Andy Van Slyke, Barry "roids" Bonds all playing and contending in Pittsburgh!

We haven't had a .500 season in 17 years and it's galling!

it's called bad management. They need to spend money to put a winner on the field so people will come see the games.

Look at the Phillies.

They are the worst franchise in baseball history...they weren't major contenders 10 years ago...but good management good players brought up through the farm and some key singings help them put a championship team on the field and another contender. They have been selling out games adding revenue letting the Phils be able to spend more on players.

INVEST IN YOUR TEAM.

The reason the Yankees go to the playoffs and get in the position to win the World Series so often is MONEY.....END OF STORY.They have a license to print money and they do. They are ALWAYS in the position to get the best players so forgive me if I don't all teary eyed when I see Joe Giradi talk about the reason he chose 27 as the number for his uniform. If I were a Yankee fan I would celebrate but I would keep it low key.
We will celibrate any way we damn well please.

Save the loser's lament about money for someone else, NOBODY stops other owners who could buy and sell steinbrenner from doing the same.

Name the team that makes more money then the Yankees......

Total revenue? None. There are several that are more profitable though.

Forum List

Back