The eviction of the Shamasna family

I think all people who lost their homes in the conflict should have the right to reclaim their homes. Not just a select few.

Sure. So, in your mind it is morally imperative to restore people to their property -- even if that means creating new humanitarian concerns. I get that. So you agree with this eviction, then. That's cool.

I am not sure I entirely agree with you. I think it is problematic. I, personally, think it would be better to use financial compensation as a means of redress. In other words -- a restoration in principle but not in actuality. I think that would prevent further wrongs being committed.

But I think both of our opinions are colored by the political goals we hold. And I think that is true generally in the conflict. I think it is easy for you to hold the opinion that people should be physically restored because it supports the political goal of Arab domination in the territory. And I think it is easy for me to hold the opinion that financial restoration is enough, because the Jewish refugees can not be restored in physical space as easily.

That is any easy one. Israel allows Jews to reclaim property but denies that to Palestinians.

Two different laws for two different people i.e. apartheid.

The law says nothing about Jews. All Israeli citizens are treated equally, and even some Palestinian citizens are treated with equality under Israel's law. So no apartheid. The law is the same for all Israelis (and Palestinians under Israeli control). Do you want to do away with Palestinian authority (sovereignty) over their own citizens? And make everyone Israeli? And then apply the law equally to all Israeli citizens?

But in any case, you neatly side-stepped the actual question -- which was whether or not you believe it morally permissible to restore past wrongs EVEN IF it creates new ones.
I think all people who lost their homes in the conflict should have the right to reclaim their homes. Not just a select few.

I suggest you start writing to the Arabs in Gaza, Jewish Quarter of Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria, Jordan and ask them to return the lands taken from all Jews from 1920 to 1948.

Then one can deal with all the lands and homes the Arabs abandoned or were expelled from due to their part in the war.

And then.....one can deal with the nearly One Million Jews who lost their homes and properties from the Arab conquered lands they were expelled from, be it Iraq, Iran, Egypt, Lebanon, Syria, Libya, Morocco, etc, etc.

Time is precious.
Indeed, they should be a single process.

Tenants never have a right to stay indefinately on a property that they rent. Every legal system will allow the owner to reoccupy in some way or another, whether it is for personal use or for a family member to occupy the property. That is the difference between ownership and tenancy.
The problem in Israel is that as soon as tenants are required to move, the Palestinians start shouting apartheid as Tinmore does, ignoring the legalities of the matter. Then again, anything Israel does is wrong in their eyes because Jews do not belong there or anywhere.

That is any easy one. Israel allows Jews to reclaim property but denies that to Palestinians.

The law says nothing about Jews. All Israeli citizens are treated equally, and even some Palestinian citizens are treated with equality under Israel's law. So no apartheid. The law is the same for all Israelis (and Palestinians under Israeli control). Do you want to do away with Palestinian authority (sovereignty) over their own citizens? And make everyone Israeli? And then apply the law equally to all Israeli citizens?

But in any case, you neatly side-stepped the actual question -- which was whether or not you believe it morally permissible to restore past wrongs EVEN IF it creates new ones.

I suggest you start writing to the Arabs in Gaza, Jewish Quarter of Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria, Jordan and ask them to return the lands taken from all Jews from 1920 to 1948.

Then one can deal with all the lands and homes the Arabs abandoned or were expelled from due to their part in the war.

And then.....one can deal with the nearly One Million Jews who lost their homes and properties from the Arab conquered lands they were expelled from, be it Iraq, Iran, Egypt, Lebanon, Syria, Libya, Morocco, etc, etc.

Time is precious.
You need to start lobbying those countries to restore the Jews their property. But I'm not holding my breath.

Time is precious.
You need to start lobbying those countries to restore the Jews their property. But I'm not holding my breath.
Where is the Jewish BDS? Are they waiting for others to do it for them?

Time is precious.

Jews and others build, they do not destroy.
Just check the other thread.

And please do not come with videos etc of the destruction of Gaza or Lebanon brought up by the government of Gaza and the Hezbollah group in Lebanon :)

Time is precious.

And please do not come with videos etc of the destruction of Gaza or Lebanon brought up by the government of Gaza and the Hezbollah group in Lebanon :)
Jews and others build, they do not destroy.​

IDF - Israeli Destruction Force. Or is it Israeli Doofus Force? Whatever...

And please do not come with videos etc of the destruction of Gaza or Lebanon
OK. West Bank.

Israel.

Last edited:

Time is precious.

OK. West Bank.

Israel.

You are on repeat mode.

ANYTHING built without a proper permit does get destroyed Anywhere in the world.

You really do not care about any poor Arabs and Palestinians. :(

OK. West Bank.

Israel.

You are on repeat mode.

ANYTHING built without a proper permit does get destroyed Anywhere in the world.

The usual stupid excuse from the usual stupid people.

OK. West Bank.

Israel.

You are on repeat mode.

Says the ignorant, stupid Jew hater.

"Jews have no rights"
"Jews do not have the right to destroy illegal anything"
"Jews are not Jews"
"Jews have stolen land"
"Jews are stupid"
"Jews kill Palestinians for no reason"
"Jews are the ill of the world"
"Jews started all the wars in the world"
"Jews caused cancer on Arab people"
"Jews have no place in the Middle East"
"Jews never had a Temple on the Mount"
"Jews are trying to steal Jerusalem"

(So many post 1948 sayings. So little space)

OK. West Bank.

Israel.

You are on repeat mode.

"Jews have no rights"
"Jews are not Jews"
"Jews have stolen land"
"Jews are stupid"

Take your "Jew hate" comment and pound it up your ass. Those comments are not mine.

OK. West Bank.

Israel.

You are on repeat mode.

"Jews have no rights"
"Jews are not Jews"
"Jews have stolen land"
"Jews are stupid"

Take your "Jew hate" comment and pound it up your ass. Those comments are not mine.

Did I say that they were yours, Jew Hater?

You really, really HATE JEWS.

OK. West Bank.

Israel.

You are on repeat mode.

"Jews have no rights"
"Jews are not Jews"
"Jews have stolen land"
"Jews are stupid"

Did I say that they were yours, Jew Hater?

You really, really HATE JEWS.

Fuck off. You are off topic.

Time is precious.
So you would agreed to a BDS against all the Arab countries that expelled their Jews if there was one? Do I understand your view correctly?

Time is precious.
So you would agreed to a BDS against all the Arab countries that expelled their Jews if there was one? Do I understand your view correctly?
Sure, when the Jews start a BDS I will support them. The right to return applies to everybody.

Time is precious.
Sure, when the Jews start a BDS I will support them. The right to return applies to everybody.

Tin man has no idea what a BDS against all Arab and Muslim countries would do to them.
And he does not care.

Still, the Jews have returned to their rightful land.
None of the Arab conquered lands do belong to the Arabs to begin with.
And Jews have no interest in returning where the 1300 year brutal rule of Muslims over Jews would continue.

No one in their right mind would do that, but to Tin man it does not matter.

Even the Arabs of Israel do not want to live in brutal Muslim regimes anywhere in the world.

The Jews had a right to return to their traditional ancient homeland, and they have been doing so. Just look at Israel.

Now, just look at what Millions of Arabs have made of the lands which were never theirs, and where all other indigenous people do not have any rights.

As long as Arabs and Muslims continue to follow an uncivilized ideology of war and conquest, they will never reach what other civilizations have achieved.

Jews are home.

Am Israel Chai !

Forum List

Back