The Ethics of Secrets

Are you so privy to their sex lives that you know none of them were using condoms?

Are you so ignorant that you believe condoms provide 100% protection against all diseases? Even the ones they DO protect against have a failure rate, and some - like HPV - aren't prevented by condoms at all.

Since you don't think using condoms is the best protection available so far, and since you've designated yourself the Decider in who gets to have sex with who in your little group of friends why don't you just order them all to be celibate?

Condoms are the best protection, aside from abstinence, of course.

Anyhow this started out as a question as to whether Mountain Man had an obligation to tell JenT that Liability was sleeping with Amanda and now it's become a debate on whether Cecilie should hang with teenagers and orchestrate their sex lives.

Next she'll be telling Dis that Gunny pos reps me more than he does her.

I certainly don't want to be around for that debacle.

ciao!

Last edited:
Not only that, it's illegal to have sex with a 16 y.o. So someone's in trouble.

Oh, like I said, we've already reported the little bastard.
You reported a 19 year old and a 16 year old for having a consensual sexual relationship?

You certainly do have issues.

In the state of Arizona, a 16-year-old cannot consent to sex with a 19-year-old. It's statutory rape, a class six felony. She especially can't if she's emotionally disturbed.

Are you so privy to their sex lives that you know none of them were using condoms?

Are you so ignorant that you believe condoms provide 100% protection against all diseases? Even the ones they DO protect against have a failure rate, and some - like HPV - aren't prevented by condoms at all.

Since you don't think using condoms is the best protection available so far, and since you've designated yourself the Decider in who gets to have sex with who in your little group of friends why don't you just order them all to be celibate?

I think information is the best protection. I don't care who has sex with whom (with the exception of having sex with minors). There's a big difference between deciding that and deciding to tell someone that their partner is cheating.

I think that when you have sex with someone, you also have sex with every person they've had sex with, from a communicable disease standpoint, and you have a right to know when your partner brings someone else into your sex life. I think J needed to know so that she could go get herself tested, and treated if anything has been passed along, rather than finding out maybe after it's too late.

It's interesting how you equate telling people what's happening with dictating what's happening.

Statutory Rape Laws by State

Looks to me like many states consider it rape to have sex with a 16 y.o. Which makes it dangerous to socialize w/16 y.o.s who are known to have sex with ppl who are quite a bit older.

"Anyone who engages in an act of unlawful sexual intercourse with a person under age 18 and the actor is not more than three years older or three years younger, is guilty of a misdemeanor..

"Anyone who engages in an act of unlawful sexual intercourse with a person under age 18 who is more than three years younger than the actor is guilty of either a misdemeanor or a felony " (that's Cali)

"Sexual assault to knowingly inflicts sexual intrusion or sexual penetration on a victim (1) under age 15 if the actor is at least four years older or (2) at least 15 years old but less than 17 years old and the actor is at least 10 years older."
Colorado

"Second-degree sexual assault to have sexual intercourse with a person between ages 13 and 16 if the actor is more than two years older"
Conn.

And we're only to the cs.

Of course, that would require me to assume that they used a condom every time, and that neither of them was in a position to pass something along even with a condom.

Oh, like I said, we've already reported the little bastard.
You reported a 19 year old and a 16 year old for having a consensual sexual relationship?

You certainly do have issues.

In the state of Arizona, a 16-year-old cannot consent to sex with a 19-year-old. It's statutory rape, a class six felony. She especially can't if she's emotionally disturbed.
I think you might be emotionally disturbed. You seem to have boundary issues.

I think information is the best protection. I don't care who has sex with whom (with the exception of having sex with minors). There's a big difference between deciding that and deciding to tell someone that their partner is cheating.

I think that when you have sex with someone, you also have sex with every person they've had sex with, from a communicable disease standpoint, and you have a right to know when your partner brings someone else into your sex life. I think J needed to know so that she could go get herself tested, and treated if anything has been passed along, rather than finding out maybe after it's too late.

It's interesting how you equate telling people what's happening with dictating what's happening.

You're not concerned about what the younger one might have caught from L or what L may have caught from either women?

It's clear why you'd need help with ethics if you're not familiar even with the is/ought problem and the divergence between legal and ethical codes. That there are ageist legal prohibitions on certain sexual interactions does not grant them any degree of ethicality any more than anti-miscegenation laws were ethically validated per the mere virtue of their existence.

Looks to me like many states consider it rape to have sex with a 16 y.o. Which makes it dangerous to socialize w/16 y.o.s who are known to have sex with ppl who are quite a bit older.

Looks to me that apart from the fact that you've not addressed the pertinent contention that the age of consent is 16 in the majority of states, your source is decidedly incorrect in stating that the age of consent is 14 in any American states, when it is in fact 16, 17, or 18 in every state, even in those few states in which the age of majority is above 18.

Of course, that would require me to assume that they used a condom every time, and that neither of them was in a position to pass something along even with a condom.
Why are you even assuming anything about these kid's private sex lives? Are you obbsessed?

You're not concerned about what the younger one might have caught from L or what L may have caught from either women?

Considering L's behavior, I frankly don't care if his dick withers and falls off (although I assume that if either woman tests positive for something, they'll probably tell him). I was never all that crazy about E, and didn't especially want her around to begin with, and given what she did, I'm not feeling deeply sympathetic. I have, however, strongly asserted to B, who still talks to her, that he must convince her to go to the doctor and get an STD screen. She's agreed and has an appointment this week. J has been my friend for a while, is the victim in all this, and is the one who has my greatest concern here.

The initials you used in your post:

LE

BJ

STD

Coincidence?

I don't think so..............................:eusa_whistle:

I thought the ethics of secrets would be an interesting topic until I read the OP. I was thinking politics.

Forum List

Back