The Ethics of Secrets

Holy crap. Stop hanging around with kids.
I think it speaks well of Cecilie that she does not restrict herself to only associating with people of her own age group.
She's not an ageist.

Even if she is a busybody. :lol:

It's not up to me to judge what is right or wrong. Particularly concerning other people's relationships.

If it's not up to you to judge right and wrong in your actions, who IS it up to?
The people involved. I think you're a busybody.

I see. So tell me something. If, instead of cheating on her, E and L had decided instead to steal J's jewelry and hock it, would that ALSO not have been up to anyone else to "decide right and wrong on"? I'm just curious as to what point you think you have a responsibility to your friends to protect them from being harmed. Myself, I would want my friends to be "busybodies" when it comes to protecting me.

I think it speaks well of Cecilie that she does not restrict herself to only associating with people of her own age group.
She's not an ageist.

Seriously, you wouldn't want someone who claimed to be your friend to tell you when your significant other was cheating on you?

Oh, for the record, all the friends in this group are younger than I am, but many people in my wider circle of friends are old enough to be my parents, some even old enough to be my grandparents.

I can see hanging out with 16 year olds in the context of they're hanging out with your kids, and you become close to them.

It's different when you're talking about a circle of ppl who are sexual around each other.

Blech.

She's not an ageist.

Seriously, you wouldn't want someone who claimed to be your friend to tell you when your significant other was cheating on you?

Oh, for the record, all the friends in this group are younger than I am, but many people in my wider circle of friends are old enough to be my parents, some even old enough to be my grandparents.

Tell everyone everything and sit back and watch the fun.

Before you feel the need to ask, the reason so many of my friends are younger than I am is because most of my hobbies and interests run toward geeky, sci-fi, RPG-type stuff, which happen to attract a disproportionate number of people in their late teens and early twenties. Which, by the way, is about the age I got interested in them.
Oh. gamers.

I had imagined them as being your cross dressing pals.

I prefer to warn my friends prior to the act that their sig. oth is looking to score.

After that, I let them find out on their own.

This is why I don't have a "circle of friends". I have a few handpicked friends scattered here and there, who have nothing to do with each other, and other than that, I count on my family to be my "circle of friends". That's more than enough of a circle for me.

If it's not up to you to judge right and wrong in your actions, who IS it up to?

I see. So tell me something. If, instead of cheating on her, E and L had decided instead to steal J's jewelry and hock it, would that ALSO not have been up to anyone else to "decide right and wrong on"? I'm just curious as to what point you think you have a responsibility to your friends to protect them from being harmed. Myself, I would want my friends to be "busybodies" when it comes to protecting me.
Stealing jewelry is stealing. Having sex with someone else's lover is not stealing. Like I said, it would depend on which party I was closest to. And they would have to be very close friends before I would butt in.

I can see hanging out with 16 year olds in the context of they're hanging out with your kids, and you become close to them.

It's different when you're talking about a circle of ppl who are sexual around each other.

Blech.

I could have told you that our friend Cesspoolie was a bad apple, Allie. It doesn't surprise me to see her involved with the iniquitous perversity of statutory rape, of course, and she's likely a statutory rapist herself. After all, she has asserted that there is no significant burden of proof necessary for making such accusations in the past. ;)

Blech.

Sexual around each other? Get your mind out of the gutter. We go to movies together, out to eat, hang out and watch DVDs, and play RPGs together. What the hell do YOU do with YOUR friends?

Before you feel the need to ask, the reason so many of my friends are younger than I am is because most of my hobbies and interests run toward geeky, sci-fi, RPG-type stuff, which happen to attract a disproportionate number of people in their late teens and early twenties. Which, by the way, is about the age I got interested in them.
Oh. gamers.

I had imagined them as being your cross dressing pals.

No, all of the people I know who are cross dressers, transgendered, transsexual, etc. are legal adults. I don't consider it my job to talk to other people's kids about things like that, and those of my friends who happen to also know those other people are very careful not to discuss it around E.

Sexual around each other? Get your mind out of the gutter. We go to movies together, out to eat, hang out and watch DVDs, and play RPGs together. What the hell do YOU do with YOUR friends?

Unfortunately, Cecilie, our friend AllieBabble seems to have an unhealthy obsession with the iniquitous perversity of sexual interactions with children, as her mind most certainly is in the gutter. She's undoubtedly a child molester of the worst sort herself, I suspect. After all, she has asserted that there is no significant burden of proof necessary for making such accusations in the past. ;)

Blech.
Sometimes I think you like sex even less than KK does.

I prefer to warn my friends prior to the act that their sig. oth is looking to score.

After that, I let them find out on their own.

This is why I don't have a "circle of friends". I have a few handpicked friends scattered here and there, who have nothing to do with each other, and other than that, I count on my family to be my "circle of friends". That's more than enough of a circle for me.

Hey, if anyone had known L was looking to cheat, we'd have said so. Well, presumably except for D.

You've never met one of your friend's friends and become friendly with them as well? Huh.

Blech.
Sometimes I think you like sex even less than KK does.

Yeah, KK at least finished the purity test, even if her score was higher than everything except David's 100%.

Stealing jewelry is stealing. Having sex with someone else's lover is not stealing. Like I said, it would depend on which party I was closest to. And they would have to be very close friends before I would butt in.

Oh, okay, so causing harm mentally and emotionally is okay, but materially is a big no-no?

I'd call cheating a theft of trust, at the very least.

Forum List

Back