the ethics of octuplets....

I thought we were discussing ethics.

What about the ethics of letting other citizens make their own family planning decisions without interference from opinionated busy bodies?

Last edited:

What about the ethics of letting other citizens make their own family planning decisions without interference from opinionated busy bodies?

When you decide to carry 8 babies to as near full term as possible you and your story become public property and alongside the many thousands of dollars they will make from here on in they also have to accept the negatives.

So what? People take risks when they bear children.

Someone who calls himself fisty the badger seems in no position to judge anyone else's choices.
User name doesn't negate reality. Also, fisting does not ever result in other lives coming into the world. In fact, there is no coming at all.

Someone who calls himself fisty the badger seems in no position to judge anyone else's choices.
User name doesn't negate reality. Also, fisting does not ever result in other lives coming into the world. In fact, there is no coming at all.

Your trolling negates taking you seriously.

So you have no problem with a woman that has 6 kids, getting 8 embryos implanted and carrying them all to term KNOWING that at least some of them will be special needs, and that she could die during childbirth, leaving her already 6 kids without their mother????

My mom had 5 kids and she always said if she ever got pregnant again and the choice came down to her or the baby, she had to be the one to live, she had 5 other kids she needed to raise and she would not leave them without a mother.

What I am saying is that this woman had 6 kids, she should be grateful. If she wanted more and couldn't get pregnant again, adoption is always an answer. My neighbor had 6 of her own kids and wanted more, but was told she couldn't have them. She adopted two more children from China, both "special needs".

She didn't put her health in danger and the health of 8 unborn babies by having embryos implanted.

This woman's decision was her own, I believe it was the WRONG decision. I am entitled to my opinion. furthermore, I'm entitled to voice that opinion.

BTW, I have two special needs kids of my own. When we wanted to adopt, we couldn't, at that time China wouldn't let you adopt if you already had children and in other countries you had to be over 40. The state was more than willing to talk adoption with us...they wanted us to adopt two special needs sisters. I declined. I felt two special needs kids was all that I could handle at the time.

I can't imagine anyone having special needs kids on purpose and that's what this woman did. There is no way to have a litter of 8 kids without at least some of them being special needs.

My youngest son is 21 severely autistic and still in diapers. My oldest son is 24, has Asperger's Syndrome and just started college at DeVry last Sept. He made the Deans list this week. I'm thrilled. His social skills are way behind but he is very intelligent and his teachers seem to really like him. I'm actually hopeful now that he will get a job that pays a decent living.

It is a sorry state of affairs when social status trumps logical thought.

It is a sorry state of affairs when social status trumps logical thought.

That maybe so but it has been the case since the dawn of time and I see no good reason to make an exception in your case at this time.:lol:

I agree that it is none of our business....absolutely NONE.

I don't want "society" breathing down my neck when i make my own foolish, but legal, decisions and certainly NOT our government in any manner.... so i am doing unto others as I would want them to do unto me...

As far as what this woman did....we don't know the whole story and some misconceptions have been said by posters....

it is common to implant many embryos in the infertile woman's uterus because most of them do not "take"....they die and she does not conceive them....if there are multiples that actually do survive the implanting, then the woman is given the option of aborting some of them....many women do and many women do not abort the "extras". (AGAIN, none of this is our business)

the news said she had 8 fertilized eggs left at the fertility clinic and she did not want them to discard them so she took her shot with them.... There is a fee to keep your fertilized eggs frozen with the clinics after a certain amount of time...and she probably could not afford to continue to pay the bill for it..., but i am just SPECULATING....and, it is none of my business.... :)

care

It's none of my business but I bet she can afford a new 8 bedroom house with a pool now even if she couldn't before.

So you have no problem with a woman that has 6 kids, getting 8 embryos implanted and carrying them all to term KNOWING that at least some of them will be special needs, and that she could die during childbirth, leaving her already 6 kids without their mother????

My mom had 5 kids and she always said if she ever got pregnant again and the choice came down to her or the baby, she had to be the one to live, she had 5 other kids she needed to raise and she would not leave them without a mother.

What I am saying is that this woman had 6 kids, she should be grateful. If she wanted more and couldn't get pregnant again, adoption is always an answer. My neighbor had 6 of her own kids and wanted more, but was told she couldn't have them. She adopted two more children from China, both "special needs".

She didn't put her health in danger and the health of 8 unborn babies by having embryos implanted.

This woman's decision was her own, I believe it was the WRONG decision. I am entitled to my opinion. furthermore, I'm entitled to voice that opinion.

BTW, I have two special needs kids of my own. When we wanted to adopt, we couldn't, at that time China wouldn't let you adopt if you already had children and in other countries you had to be over 40. The state was more than willing to talk adoption with us...they wanted us to adopt two special needs sisters. I declined. I felt two special needs kids was all that I could handle at the time.

I can't imagine anyone having special needs kids on purpose and that's what this woman did. There is no way to have a litter of 8 kids without at least some of them being special needs.

My youngest son is 21 severely autistic and still in diapers. My oldest son is 24, has Asperger's Syndrome and just started college at DeVry last Sept. He made the Deans list this week. I'm thrilled. His social skills are way behind but he is very intelligent and his teachers seem to really like him. I'm actually hopeful now that he will get a job that pays a decent living.

We are discussing ethics. It is not up to me to plan someone else's family. No forum posters advised you when you were planning your family, which happens to include special needs children.

Why aren't we discussing the ethics of the doctor who performed the in vitro fertilization. This woman wanted ONE more child--not eight. What happened? How did she happen to have eight more children in one pregnancy?

I don't condemn this woman based on one article about her pregnancy and multiple birth with limited information. I don't condemn her period.

If posters want to make ME the problem, have at it. See you all later. MUCH later.

Last edited:
It's none of my business but I bet she can afford a new 8 bedroom house with a pool now even if she couldn't before.

Not if the publicity is what it seems to be. You must remember, this is still a very puritan country. We try to be European, but at heart we still reject stupid.

We are discussing ethics. It is not up to me to plan someone else's family. No forum posters advised you when you were planning your family, which happens to include special needs children.

Why aren't we discussing the ethics of the doctor who performed the in vitro fertilization. This woman wanted ONE more child--not eight. What happened? How did she happen to have eight more children in one pregnancy?

I don't condemn this woman based on one article about her pregnancy and multiple birth with limited information. I don't condemn her period.

If posters want to make ME the problem, have at it. See you all later. MUCH later.

Okay, I'll give you that, the doctor should not have implanted 8 embryos. Perhaps we should have a law limiting embryo implantation to no more than 3 embryos?

Okay, I'll give you that, the doctor should not have implanted 8 embryos. Perhaps we should have a law limiting embryo implantation to no more than 3 embryos?

Umm, a single mother of 6, living in her parents 3 bdrm home, asking for Invitro? How about a, "No."

Umm, a single mother of 6, living in her parents 3 bdrm home, asking for Invitro? How about a, "No."

Guess I didn't read the whole article. I didn't read that she was single....

I will also say, that if she didn't already have 6 kids, I wouldn't have so much of a problem with her having 8 now. Having 8 at once is putting yourself and your potential babies in major jeopardy and her first 6 kids deserved better than that. She should be thinking about the ones she already has and they should come first.

Not if the publicity is what it seems to be. You must remember, this is still a very puritan country. We try to be European, but at heart we still reject stupid.

I think you will find I am right.

The lady lives with her mother still! If she can't live on her own she shouldn't be having more children but hey she will get plenty of free shit from many people. I bet she will be on Oprah within the year getting a bundle of stuff!

Forum List

Back