the ethics of octuplets....

It does the beg the question though, especially due to the monetary significance.

Octuplets: Eight times the ethical questions - CNN.com

many questions have been raised? why would a woman with 6 kids have fertility treatments? what doctors implanted 8 fertilized eggs? what do you think?

I think she took a dangerous chance with her life and those of the 8 babies. If she truly did have 8 embryos implanted, she should be chastised. There is no way anyone can carry 8 babies to term and have them all come out healthy and normal.

What if she'd died during delivery? She'd have left at least 6 children without their "wonderful" mother.

I have no problems with people wanting more children, but adoption is always an answer. Why give birth to special needs kids when you can adopt special needs kids that need a "wonderful" mother?

What difference is it to you? It's her family.
It affects public perspective on what is right and wrong, and so it affects everyone, and it is not just her family, because unless she moves, we are paying for her government condoned insanity.

Are you and I paying to raise this woman's children? The babies are in perfect health.

Last edited:
Nonsense. I wouldn't want to have a litter of children myself, but I don't think it's my place to judge this woman's choice. She has a healthy, although unusual, family.

Why are internet posters such control freaks?

Last edited:
Nonsense. I wouldn't want to have a litter of children myself, but I don't think it's my place to judge this woman's choice. She has a healthy, although unusual, family.

She does not have a healthy family.

So what? People take risks when they bear children.

Someone who calls himself fisty the badger seems in no position to judge anyone else's choices.

I thought we were debating the pros and cons?

Forum List

Back