the ethics of doubt....

Why not raise the questions you have about doubt?

What's the difference to you between doubt, skepticism, and cynicism?

Sorry, I misunderstood you. I thought you wanted to discuss the topic.

I don't doubt you did. There is a difference between all three you listed. To me it seems two of the terms you listed are related as I said, and one is quite different in flavor and context.

This topic is open ended. Let's discuss the ethics of doubt. Bush had no doubt ever about his actions or policies, and look where that took our country.

This topic is open ended. Let's discuss the ethics of doubt. Bush had no doubt ever about his actions or policies, and look where that took our country.

I doubt it was Bush's absence of doubt that took us to a place we find ourselves in. Like all of us Bush's flaws are many and I highly doubt he lacked doubt. No good Christian can lack doubt.

I do not find many of Bush's actions or policies unethical. Which ones are you talking about?

The war in Iraq. The myth of the weapons of mass destruction. Bush's whole stance was stubborn ignornance.

He never doubted himself, and that made it impossible for him to lead the country in a wise way.

Show me the evidence that Bush EVER doubted his view or actions.

The war in Iraq. The myth of the weapons of mass destruction. Bush's whole stance was stubborn ignornance.

He never doubted himself, and that made it impossible for him to lead the country in a wise way.

Show me the evidence that Bush EVER doubted his view or actions.

Show me evidence that Bush ever doubted himself if you can.

---

The myth of WMD in Iraq? You men the myth that Iraq had a current (at the time) stockpile capable of posing an immediate threat to the security of the USA don't you? Please be specific and factual? I know it is difficult with all the bogus info out there, but please try?

Bush was and is stubborn. I don't know about him being ignorant in regards his stance on WMD and Iraq. Is that what you are implying? If Bush's WH doctored or favored intel/evidence for the case of going back into Iraq to depose/dethrone Saddam, then ignorance would not be a credible charge to level against Bush would it?

Bush did not lead the country in a wise way, but I hardly find that (doubtful) unethical.

Never mind. If you ask me if there is value in doubt, my answer is yes. If you connect doubt to a question of faith--I say doubt has value if it causes you to deeply question what is meaningful.

If you want to use having no doubt in an ordinary way--such as what Bush did--I can go there, and say that having no doubt can be a form of ignorance.

Never mind. If you ask me if there is value in doubt, my answer is yes. If you connect doubt to a question of faith--I say doubt has value if it causes you to deeply question what is meaningful.

If you want to use having no doubt in an ordinary way--such as what Bush did--I can go there, and say that having no doubt can be a form of ignorance.
When and where did Bush say he had no doubts? Maybe he did. But you need to show where he said that if you are to make the case you are/were trying to make.

I'm sick of Bush. I refer you to Bob Woodward's four books on the Bush presidency. The answer you seek is there.

I'm sick of Bush. I refer you to Bob Woodward's four books on the Bush presidency. The answer you seek is there.

Woodie's books? I seek no answer. I asked you to back up what ypu claimed with some fact(s). You haven't.

I sort of doubt you are sick of Bush. I doubt you even know Bush.

The ethic of doubt?

Doubt is good.

If a man will begin with certainties, he shall end in doubts, but if he will content to begin with doubts, he shall end in certainties. Francis Bacon.

Doubt ensures proper inquiry. Doubt is a great motivator.

Doubt is good.

Forum List

Back