The essence of collectivism is force. The essence of libertarianism is choice.

Can either of you Stalinist nutsacks point out the Bible chapter and verse, which declared Caesar needed to shake down the rustics to help the sainted pooooooor?

I'll give a hint: There ain't one.
Can you cite the post where either of us ever supported Staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhlin?

I'll give you a hint: there aint one

Anyone who sources both Rousseau and Trotsky to back up their collectovist authoritarian ethos is, without question, a stone commie, which is what Stalin was, comrade.

Can either of you Stalinist nutsacks point out the Bible chapter and verse, which declared Caesar needed to shake down the rustics to help the sainted pooooooor?

how old are? are you an immigrant? I know a few people who use the terminology you do. The ones who aren't immigrants or older, are in mental health facilities.
So, you haven't an answer to the question either.

And the irony of you calling someone else mentally deficient is just too delicious for words. :lol::lol::lol:

how old are? are you an immigrant? I know a few people who use the terminology you do. The ones who aren't immigrants or older, are in mental health facilities.

And the irony of you calling someone else mentally deficient is just too delicious for words. :lol::lol::lol:

:eusa_whistle:

Can you cite the post where either of us ever supported Staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhlin?

the irony meter goes off the charts when you start up

Yeah, you are a Bible scholar along with your many other areas of expertise. I have no idea what you were asking because I lost my universal translator. :eusa_whistle:

With so many hyperventilating over Rand Paul's recent Private Property/Civil Rights comments, I thought I'd ask everyone what they think about what's in the subject line. I got it from this story:

Rand Paul's Principled Stumble | Robert A. Levy | Cato Institute: Commentary

Then I found this:

In it, the author claims: "Collectivism isn’t about force. Collectivism is about cooperation – choice constrained by social contract for the net benefit of society."

Discuss.

Putting the rights of "society" over the rights of individuals essentially means that one group of people is going to get screwed for the benefit of another. Society is simply a collection of individuals, and if you consistently protect individual rights then everybody in that society is better off.

In what way exactly are people so screwed by having to live under the US Constitution? By having the freedom to start a business and own property...Earn a living, raise a family, etc. So screwed how exactly?

Businesses are permitted by the State to operate and no ones freedom is really compromised under the current laws. You are still free to start a private club, no?

Anyone who sources both Rousseau and Trotsky to back up their collectovist authoritarian ethos is, without question, a stone commie, which is what Stalin was, comrade.

:lol:

collectivist authoritarian?

Economic Left/Right: -2.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.74

pcgraphpng.php

care to try again?

With so many hyperventilating over Rand Paul's recent Private Property/Civil Rights comments, I thought I'd ask everyone what they think about what's in the subject line. I got it from this story:

Rand Paul's Principled Stumble | Robert A. Levy | Cato Institute: Commentary

Then I found this:

In it, the author claims: "Collectivism isn’t about force. Collectivism is about cooperation – choice constrained by social contract for the net benefit of society."

Discuss.

Putting the rights of "society" over the rights of individuals essentially means that one group of people is going to get screwed for the benefit of another. Society is simply a collection of individuals, and if you consistently protect individual rights then everybody in that society is better off.

In what way exactly are people so screwed by having to live under the US Constitution? By having the freedom to start a business and own property...Earn a living, raise a family, etc. So screwed how exactly?

Businesses are permitted by the State to operate and no ones freedom is really compromised under the current laws. You are still free to start a private club, no?

Do we really own our own property?

Democracy is collectivism.

It must kill you guys that you were born as Americans.

Social contract theory formed a central pillar in the historically important notion that legitimate state authority must be derived from the consent of the governed.

Stupid founders. :lol:

I love Ravi's troll posts. They sound good, but she's always missing a key element. She, of course, knows this, which makes her troll posts so good.

At the close of the Constitutional Convention, a woman asked Benjamin Franklin what type of government the Constitution was bringing into existence. Franklin replied, “A republic, if you can keep it.”

The phrase "tyranny of the majority" originates with Alexis de Tocqueville in his Democracy in America (1835, 1840)[3] and was further popularized by John Stuart Mill, who cites de Tocqueville, in On Liberty (1859); the Federalist Papers frequently refer to the concept, though usually under the name of "the violence of majority faction," particularly in Federalist 10.

“Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.”

--George Washington
Interesting quote. What does it mean, exactly? It certainly seems rather silly that GW would be against government since he accepted the position of leader of the United States of America.

btw, it is almost certain he never said that.

Bogus Founder Quotes

Social contract theory formed a central pillar in the historically important notion that legitimate state authority must be derived from the consent of the governed.

I love Ravi's troll posts. They sound good, but she's always missing a key element. She, of course, knows this, which makes her troll posts so good.

At the close of the Constitutional Convention, a woman asked Benjamin Franklin what type of government the Constitution was bringing into existence. Franklin replied, “A republic, if you can keep it.”
The phrase "tyranny of the majority" originates with Alexis de Tocqueville in his Democracy in America (1835, 1840)[3] and was further popularized by John Stuart Mill, who cites de Tocqueville, in On Liberty (1859); the Federalist Papers frequently refer to the concept, though usually under the name of "the violence of majority faction," particularly in Federalist 10.
That we are not a pure democracy doesn't invalidate my point.

btw...aren't you one of those morons that thinks gay rights can be voted on? :lol:

The republic is a democracy, you dolt. It's a form of representative democracy. Form versus type, you illiterate fool.

The republic is a democracy, you dolt. It's a form of representative democracy. Form versus type, you illiterate fool.

OMG. Is this yet another failure of our Public Schools?????

faceplant.jpg

That we are not a pure democracy doesn't invalidate my point.

btw...aren't you one of those morons that thinks gay rights can be voted on? :lol:

It most certainly does invalidate your point and shows that you have zero knowledge of the founding of the United States. But you do get 'Troll Kudos' for trying to divert the thread with gay rights.

Nope. The country was founded on something closely related to collectivism.

Like I said...it must kill you to be a member of it.

But go on pretending the libertarianism is what the founders had in mind.

Collectivism? Must be why they wanted to tie voting rights to land ownership and education.

Maybe in the Smurf History of the United States, but not in reality.

attachment.php

Forum List

Back