The Era of Responsibility

jreeves

Feb 12, 2008
The speech has been written and rehearsed, but Obama is still tinkering with the words that he hopes will mark a moment in history and galvanize the nation for a new "era of responsibility."
Obama Speech Calls for 'Era of Responsibility' - ABC News

Really what policies of Obama's first 100 days have followed his supposed "era of responsibility"?
Auto companies? umm...no
Banks? umm...no
AIG? umm...no
As all of these have received taxpayer bailouts due to their poor decisions.

Irresponsible individuals in society? Umm....no
Obama has stated they shouldn't be required to read their credit terms enclosed with their new credit cards. In his opinion credit card companies should beat the terms in the heads of their card holders until they understand each and every term.

His own appointees....hell no
Congress....hell no
Don't worry if you want to put earmarks in a bill without a debate, don't worry I will sign it this one time...Lmao

It seems to me the only Americans that Obama is calling for to be responsible is the people that have been responsible all along, the taxpayers. By Obama's policies, he has forced the taxpayer to be responsible for others poor choices.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: 007
What Obama means is "you guys worry about your own shit and don't look for the man behind the curtain...I'm the all powerful Wizard of Ozama biznitches!"

obama is a liar and a con man, and certainly not smart enough to run this country. Anyone that hasn't figured that out yet has their head up their ass.

The speech has been written and rehearsed, but Obama is still tinkering with the words that he hopes will mark a moment in history and galvanize the nation for a new "era of responsibility."
Obama Speech Calls for 'Era of Responsibility' - ABC News

Really what policies of Obama's first 100 days have followed his supposed "era of responsibility"?
Auto companies? umm...no
Banks? umm...no
AIG? umm...no
As all of these have received taxpayer bailouts due to their poor decisions.

Irresponsible individuals in society? Umm....no
Obama has stated they shouldn't be required to read their credit terms enclosed with their new credit cards. In his opinion credit card companies should beat the terms in the heads of their card holders until they understand each and every term.

His own appointees....hell no
Congress....hell no
Don't worry if you want to put earmarks in a bill without a debate, don't worry I will sign it this one time...Lmao

It seems to me the only Americans that Obama is calling for to be responsible is the people that have been responsible all along, the taxpayers. By Obama's policies, he has forced the taxpayer to be responsible for others poor choices.

Seems to me things are moving according to plan.

WHAT?!!!

NOW that Nobody is found responsible for the economic meltdown, (it was all a misunderstanding?) now the AMERICAN people need to become more reponsible?

That's rich!

Obama is being very responsible taking action to avert a potential depression.

A guy like him who turned down lucrative wall street jobs wouldn't be giving wall street money because he admires the club. He is doing it because if he doesn't the economy would go over the cliff.

And then our conservatives would have a field day about how Obama was "irresponsible"

And wasting billions of dollars doing it

"Waste" is in the eye of the beholder--of the person looking at it but who doesn't think s/he caused it. To read and hear the way you folks talk, one would think that all of this is something new. Rather than a crisis of epic proportion that involved a lot of spending for defense of our physical security (911), we now have another crisis of epic proportion which involves a lot of spending so that we don't have a complete economic collapse.

A guy like him who turned down lucrative wall street jobs wouldn't be giving wall street money because he admires the club. He is doing it because if he doesn't the economy would go over the cliff.

And then our conservatives would have a field day about how Obama was "irresponsible"

Actually I think the economy is going over the cliff BECAUSE of Obama, not the other way around.

You just wait until you're wheeling "Obamabarrels" of money to the bread lines to get your government doles.

Actually I think the economy is going over the cliff BECAUSE of Obama, not the other way around.

You just wait until you're wheeling "Obamabarrels" of money to the bread lines to get your government doles.

Everyone is entitled to think what they want.

The fact that major financial institutions have gone under and many more would have gone under is not opinion, however.

Neither is the fact that GDP declined 6% real (annualized) in 4thQ08, before Obama became president.

Lots of very smart, very knowledgeable people including those in both the Bush and Obama administrations have said very clearly that the economy is in very real danger. I'll take their word for it over yours.

The financial collapse began with the demise of Bear-Stearns, literally overnight, in March of 2008 when Barack Obama was a long-shot candidate at best. The house of cards began to tumble one year ago.

Educate yourself.

Yes I'm sure the economy needed to make sure every low income person received digital convertor boxes(after all TV watching has been shown to grow the GDP) and how the hell are we suppose to get out of this economic recession without frisbee golf parks.....

Everyone is entitled to think what they want.

The fact that major financial institutions have gone under and many more would have gone under is not opinion, however.

Neither is the fact that GDP declined 6% real (annualized) in 4thQ08, before Obama became president.

Lots of very smart, very knowledgeable people including those in both the Bush and Obama administrations have said very clearly that the economy is in very real danger. I'll take their word for it over yours.

What caused the crisis? American individuals overstretching their incomes correct? So what does Obama do? Creates a two trillion dollar or 1.5 trillion dollar budget deficit. I agree, this will definitely lead to long term economic growth.....:cuckoo:

Not doing anything would have been better for a change (look, it's what he promised isn't it, change) ...

Sure, we would have crashed hard instead of fluttered down slowly ... but think, after all this is over how will we get back up? We have nothing left, nothing to help pull us out once we hit bottom, and these attempts to stop it were tried - in the last administration. Seriously, change would have been great, just plop all taxes into bonds and stocks during this time, then when it's all over collect the interest ... no debt and some money to invest in companies that prove themselves. With extra to pay off some of the already acquired debt and help rebuild the economy for real. It takes intelligence but is no where near rocket science.

Forum List

Back