"The Equilizer" (2014) (low spoilers)

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Caught this one last night. Growing up, I watched the tv series with the older British guy and liked that a lot so I was less than enthusiastic to see yet another radical change with a movie version of a tv show. But they did a really great job of it. Great movie.

Kinda predictable here and there but probably not a lot of variety to be had in action movies. Towards the end, kinda wanted an all kickass movie where the hero doesn't get hurt like in the old 80s movies. :) Went from total terminator badass to mere talented mortal really quick. But the very end was a nice touch, the 'snake's head.' And the walk out passed the bodies was cute. :) Good line too when he goes to see his old friends, "He didn't come for help, he came for permission." That was a good line.

In ways, better than "Kingsman" but that was campy almost parody type movie, and Equilizer was more realistic. So if you liked the old tv series, you'll like this. Even threw in the ad online offering to help as in the tv series at the very very end(albeit in a newspaper.)

Good score/soundtrack too especially that gothy piece during the big showdown in the store.

Looking up the soundtrack info for that song it's these two:

Vengeance – Zack Hemsey

Teddy comes into the store. Bob McCall prepares to confront him and his team.

16. Graven Image – Zack Hemsey

Confrontation between McCall, Teddy and his team.
The Equalizer Soundtrack List

Caught this one last night. Growing up, I watched the tv series with the older British guy and liked that a lot so I was less than enthusiastic to see yet another radical change with a movie version of a tv show. But they did a really great job of it. Great movie.

Kinda predictable here and there but probably not a lot of variety to be had in action movies. Towards the end, kinda wanted an all kickass movie where the hero doesn't get hurt like in the old 80s movies. :) Went from total terminator badass to mere talented mortal really quick. But the very end was a nice touch, the 'snake's head.' And the walk out passed the bodies was cute. :) Good line too when he goes to see his old friends, "He didn't come for help, he came for permission." That was a good line.

In ways, better than "Kingsman" but that was campy almost parody type movie, and Equilizer was more realistic. So if you liked the old tv series, you'll like this. Even threw in the ad online offering to help as in the tv series at the very very end(albeit in a newspaper.)

Good score/soundtrack too especially that gothy piece during the big showdown in the store.

Saw it on the Big Screen, twice.

Hoping or sequels

Loved the Pips bit, and borrowing the sledgehammer when the store was robbed.

Saw it on the Big Screen, twice.

Hoping or sequels

Loved the Pips bit, and borrowing the sledgehammer when the store was robbed.

Wiping off the sledgehammer. Very subtle. :)

Whole MO was subtlety as makes sense if 'black ops.' Don't be the master assassin everyone knows is a badass. Was refreshing. :)

What I kinda expected and wanted to see was after the final showdown and the guy asks him who he is, wanted him to say "Bob" :)

I just saw this last week or the week before. I love Denzel Washington, so needless to say, I loved this movie. :D Sure, it was a little predictable and a little over the top as far as the butt kicking and killing, but I still liked it. The plot reminded me a little bit of Taxi Driver with the young prostitute, and her being the thing that kind of puts him over the edge. Out of 5, I would rate it a 3. I didn't find Denzel so old (like some people were saying) that he couldn't pull off the role either.

Forum List

Back