The Epic Fail of Bush and Cheney that led to the recession

Once again

Republican White House & Republican Congress (Prosperity)
Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Annual

2001 4.2 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.3 4.5 4.6 4.9 5.0 5.3 5.5 5.7
2002 5.7 5.7 5.7 5.9 5.8 5.8 5.8 5.7 5.7 5.7 5.9 6.0
2003 5.8 5.9 5.9 6.0 6.1 6.3 6.2 6.1 6.1 6.0 5.8 5.7
2004 5.7 5.6 5.8 5.6 5.6 5.6 5.5 5.4 5.4 5.5 5.4 5.4
2005 5.3 5.4 5.2 5.2 5.1 5.0 5.0 4.9 5.0 5.0 5.0 4.9
2006 4.7 4.8 4.7 4.7 4.6 4.6 4.7 4.7 4.5 4.4 4.5 4.4

Republican white house & democrat congress (Things start to slip)
2007 4.6 4.5 4.4 4.5 4.4 4.6 4.6 4.6 4.7 4.7 4.7 5.0
2008 5.0 4.8 5.1 5.0 5.4 5.5 5.8 6.1 6.2 6.6 6.9 7.4

Democrat president & democrat congress (ECONOMIC DISASTER)

2009 7.7 8.2 8.6 8.9 9.4 9.5 9.4 9.7 9.8 10.1 10.0 10.0
2010 9.7 9.7 9.7 9.9 9.7 9.5 9.5 9.6 9.6 9.6 9.8

No, I don't blame the republicans at all.

The democrats are SOLELY responsible for the Obama economic disaster. They have had full control of the federal government for two years, and the democrats controlled congress for four years.

and of course GDP did fall every year that Bush was president did it?

GDP2009.jpg

FSK's Guide to Reality: Real GDP Is Crashing, 2000-2009

so if GDP is shrinking, the economy is shrinking. hence a recession is looming.

Last edited:
Oh yeah from 3.18 on the deficit to THREE TIMES THAT in 2009. Sure shows Bush is at fault!

Want to try that again???????

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Exactly, 2009 was a Bush budget. Thank you for confirming this.
Guess who was promising to tax and regulate everything out of existence at that time, thereby scaring the shit out of business owners?

It starts with Barak Hussein.

So it was Obama's promise to repeal the Bush era tax cuts to the wealthiest Americans of 3% and regulate Wall Street that caused Bush to increase the debt some much in 2009. Hmmm, I think you'l have trouble proving that wacko theory.

Wont even take responsibility for his own disasters.
Former vice president Dick Cheney was on CNN’s State of the Union today, and he absolved himself, the Bush administration, and the Republican Party of any blame for the economic crisis. Instead, he blamed Barney Frank, and Chris Dodd, but press releases from the Bush administration say otherwise. In their own words, here is why Cheney and Bush should be blamed for the economy.

Host John King asked Cheney if the Bush administration left Obama with an economic mess. Cheney answered, “Well, I don’t follow the news quite as closely as I once did. But there’s no question that what the economic circumstances that he inherited are difficult ones. You know, we said that before we left. I don’t think you can blame the Bush administration for the creation of those circumstances. It’s a global financial problem. We had, in fact, tried to deal with the Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac problem some years before with major reforms and were blocked by Democrats on the Hill, Barney Frank and Chris Dodd.”
....So, Phil Gramm ran an end-around, for the NeoCons, instead.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2iHksmF7m4[/ame]​

Y'all are going to have to fess up that is both parties' fault, period. Yep, the Bushies are at fault for kissing business ass and not regulating tough enough. Yes, it is the Dems who forced the nonsense with the lending. No, the American people are not going to fall for the far left chants or the Tea Party rants and silly charts (so easy to refute).

Both parties better realize that they either work together to solve this mess, or the American people are going to throw all of the incumbents out.

More like.. ..Bush/Cheney continue to deny any involvement at all....

When in fact: (as posted in the links from Common Sense)

The pieces were put in place for a collapse by the Bush administration years before the Democrats took power. The problem for Democrats is that this easy lending mortgage idea started with President Bill Clinton, and Congressional Democrats did not even provide token opposition to the Republican plans that allowed the housing bubble.

This should be painful for members of both parties to hear, but they all are to blame. Instead of contemplating the long term effects of risky lending and a lack of regulation, everyone saw a political advantage in riding the housing bubble wave, so they stayed quiet. The Bush administration encouraged sub-prime lending and cut regulation, so they deserve most of the blame, but Congressional Democrats and Republicans aren’t blameless because they put the pieces in place for a crisis years before the collapse came.

GREED is the proximate cause of the housing collapse. Individual greed and institutional greed; along with a politcal system that calls campaign donations something other than bribes and the governments failure to regulate.
VP Cheney is (at best) disingenuous in his remarks; compare to the thread which discusses the coach using his knee on a player in the Jets game - Cheney ought to be as honest.
Booooooooooooosh&Co had the bully pulpit, if they were really concerned about the housing situation that had the ability to flood the Sunday news with a warning (as they did when they wanted to invade Iraq).
[I await Oddude's stupid response]

Bush had warned congress about the the growing problems. If the news media doesn't want to write about it....who's fault is that, wry?

The White House Warned Congress About Fannie Mae Freddie Mac 17 Times In 2008, Alone Nice Deb

Assuming what you linked is credible, remember the Republican Party held the Majority in both chambers until January 2007. Your post provides clear evidence that the White House and both the Republican leadership in the Senate and the House of Representatives knew of a pending crisis and did nothing about it.
How can that be? Barney Frank and Chris Dodd were that powerful? Or, the Republcan leadership was that inept? Or, the Republican leadership were unduly influenced by the banksters and others who reaped obscene profits from derivatives and other speculative investments with other peoples money.

The Democraps have had complete control of the federal government for about two years.
....And, the best Republicans can manage, is to drop another drunk into-the-mix.

:rolleyes:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__QFTxO7fao[/ame]​

GREED is the proximate cause of the housing collapse. Individual greed and institutional greed; along with a politcal system that calls campaign donations something other than bribes and the governments failure to regulate.
VP Cheney is (at best) disingenuous in his remarks; compare to the thread which discusses the coach using his knee on a player in the Jets game - Cheney ought to be as honest.
Booooooooooooosh&Co had the bully pulpit, if they were really concerned about the housing situation that had the ability to flood the Sunday news with a warning (as they did when they wanted to invade Iraq).
[I await Oddude's stupid response]

Bush had warned congress about the the growing problems. If the news media doesn't want to write about it....who's fault is that, wry?

The White House Warned Congress About Fannie Mae Freddie Mac 17 Times In 2008, Alone Nice Deb

Assuming what you linked is credible, remember the Republican Party held the Majority in both chambers until January 2007. Your post provides clear evidence that the White House and both the Republican leadership in the Senate and the House of Representatives knew of a pending crisis and did nothing about it.
How can that be? Barney Frank and Chris Dodd were that powerful? Or, the Republcan leadership was that inept? Or, the Republican leadership were unduly influenced by the banksters and others who reaped obscene profits from derivatives and other speculative investments with other peoples money.

I...unlike you can admit that the republicans dropped the ball on this, wry. There are dirty hands from both parties with regards to this, wry......it politicians...not parties.

Wont even take responsibility for his own disasters.
Former vice president Dick Cheney was on CNN’s State of the Union today, and he absolved himself, the Bush administration, and the Republican Party of any blame for the economic crisis. Instead, he blamed Barney Frank, and Chris Dodd, but press releases from the Bush administration say otherwise. In their own words, here is why Cheney and Bush should be blamed for the economy.

Host John King asked Cheney if the Bush administration left Obama with an economic mess. Cheney answered, “Well, I don’t follow the news quite as closely as I once did. But there’s no question that what the economic circumstances that he inherited are difficult ones. You know, we said that before we left. I don’t think you can blame the Bush administration for the creation of those circumstances. It’s a global financial problem. We had, in fact, tried to deal with the Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac problem some years before with major reforms and were blocked by Democrats on the Hill, Barney Frank and Chris Dodd.”

Why Cheney and Bush Should be Blamed for the Economy

J. Miller Rampant!: The BUSH-CHENEY RECESSION/DEPRESSION: In Charts
Bush;s only mistake was appointing Ben Bernanke head of the the Fed.
What is Obama's excuse for not getting us out of the recession, like he promised?

Blame Bush. How original!

I know you guys just want to point at the other guys. But anyone with a scrap of honesty knows that both parties are responsible to some degree because of their actions and inactions.

However, the American people are even more responsible. We are free people. We are free to educate ourselves. We have a responsibility not to let greed blind us to the truth.

The Housing market collapse started this because people

1) Dishonestly took out loans they knew they couldn't pay back
2) Dishonestly lent out loans they knew wouldn't be paid back and then sold them to someone else
3) Lied to themselves by convincing themselves that prices would always go up. That there could be no risk or limited risk.
4) Elected politicians that are known to be corrupt as hell
5) Want to blame everyone else for their mistakes and pretend they are victims

We have had an economic recession because of our unchecked greed, dishonesty, and pride.

Some people seem to think that changing the laws are going to fix that. It won't It will just restrict the honest people. We can't change the laws to fix this problem. We need to change the people. That can't happen as long as you continue playing the blame game.

We start with ourselves. Change ourselves and we change the world

I know you guys just want to point at the other guys. But anyone with a scrap of honesty knows that both parties are responsible to some degree because of their actions and inactions.

However, the American people are even more responsible. We are free people. We are free to educate ourselves. We have a responsibility not to let greed blind us to the truth.

The Housing market collapse started this because people

1) Dishonestly took out loans they knew they couldn't pay back
2) Dishonestly lent out loans they knew wouldn't be paid back and then sold them to someone else
3) Lied to themselves by convincing themselves that prices would always go up. That there could be no risk or limited risk.
4) Elected politicians that are known to be corrupt as hell
5) Want to blame everyone else for their mistakes and pretend they are victims

We have had an economic recession because of our unchecked greed, dishonesty, and pride.

Some people seem to think that changing the laws are going to fix that. It won't It will just restrict the honest people. We can't change the laws to fix this problem. We need to change the people. That can't happen as long as you continue playing the blame game.

We start with ourselves. Change ourselves and we change the world

aint the "free market" great?

I...unlike you can admit that the republicans dropped the ball on this, wry. There are dirty hands from both parties with regards to this, wry......it politicians...not parties.

True. Never did I state otherwise. There is no doubt both the D's and R's were complicit. You choose to suggest I am defending the D's, which I do not. That's your basic straw man act; I've developed an immunity to fire so it won't work on me.
This issue is Cheney and his effort to write history to absolve he and his party from complicity. Only fools, liars and partisan pols defend Cheney.
In some cases, oddude for example, there are partisan fools who lie.
So now put the staw away, and explain why Boooooooooooosh&Co did not protect the American people? If they knew, which you suggest, one must assume their loyalty was to the banksters and not to the people.

It is great. Because it has a natural mechnism to correct itself when people become dishonest.

Natural law does that. It fixes things. Some people seem to think they know better than nature and can change things to work better. it never does.

It is great. Because it has a natural mechnism to correct itself when people become dishonest.

Natural law does that. It fixes things. Some people seem to think they know better than nature and can change things to work better. it never does.

And hell with the folks who get crushed through no fault of their own, eh, Avatar? Tell your priesthood file leader that the next time you go for a temple recommend interview. Filthy hypocrisy.

Oddude? Meister? I expected at least a personal attack before you ran away (never did I expect a reasoned response, not from two members of the echo chamber).

Do I see a persoanl attack here, wry? my, my....what a bigot.

My remark was an observation based on evidence, not a personal attack. For example, this post from the odd dude: "You're mistaking boredom with running away, you overbearing egocentric fool."

See the difference?

Now, calling him odd dude, or oddude maybe a bit of a personal attack, but he clearly is odd - that's obvious.

The graph shows the final year of the Bush administration's Budget ( Sept 2009) to be quite an increase in the debt alrightie. Good job.

But why would the libs attack you for showing that it was one of the results of the the Bush Administration's policies that increase the debt so much. It just bolsters their argument.

Oh yeah from 3.18 on the deficit to THREE TIMES THAT in 2009. Sure shows Bush is at fault!

Want to try that again???????

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Exactly, 2009 was a Bush budget. Thank you for confirming this.

Oh gee I guess you libs forgot what Obama added in 2009.

Can any of you idiots say Simulus???

Recovery Act: How Obama's Stimulus Is Changing America - TIME

You idiots trying to tell us Bush was behind the Obama stimulus?

You guys are dumber than a bag hammers!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back