The Epic Fail of Bush and Cheney that led to the recession

You know, I'm going to keep printing this and killing liberal lies as long as it takes to kill this BS from USMB.

US Federal Deficit As Percent Of GDP

2001 -1.25
2002 1.48
2003 3.39
2004 3.48
2005 2.52
2006 1.85
2007 1.14
2008 3.18
2009 9.91
2010 10.64

US Federal Deficit As Percent Of GDP in United States 1900-2010 - Federal State Local

US Unemployment Rate by Year

2001 4.76
2002 5.78
2003 5.99
2004 5.53
2005 5.08
2006 4.63
2007 4.61
2008 5.76
2009 9.26

The United States Unemployment Rate By Year

Liberals are going to get REAL TIRED of me busting up their lies this is all Bush's fault.

But I'm sorry libs. You can keep on lying, BUT THE NUMBERS DO NOT LIE.

And what's funny is why you libs keep trying this lie. IT PROVES YOU GUYS ARE DUMBER THAN A BAG OF HAMMERS.

This lie DIDN'T FOOL THE VOTERS BUT YOU JUST KEEP ON BLASTING IT AD NAUSEUM. It as if an election didn't happen which proves the lie didn't work. :lmao:

But, here we go. Another paid Obama bot comes in USMB and tries the SAME OLD LIE; the usual brainless suspects glom on, because they haven't the brains to make a better lie.

And it's all blown away with a FEW SIMPLE FACTS.

The truth is this recession didn't start to take hold until DEMOCRATS TOOK HOLD.

And this is why liberals hate me and claim I'm a "troll."

Because there is no worse "troll" to a lying lib, like the truth. :eusa_shhh:

Now, libs can start the usual personal attacks and protesting too much this didn't bust up their lie (which only proves it DID bust up their lie ;) )

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

so youre not going to take anything into account that happened in the previous years before the dems took control of congress? youre going to stick to the argument that everything is the dems fault? what about the republican white house? bush still had veto power over everything but he didnt use his pen to stop anything. so i blame bush for not using his executive privilege to stop the recession from happening. i blame bush for all those numbers you just posted because he was the president. the fiscal 2009 budget was bush's budget as well.

so there, i just busted up your "lies"

Well, according to left-leaning Time Magazine... from most blameworthy to least...

Blameworthy
•Angelo Mozilo
•Phil Gramm
•Alan Greenspan
•Chris Cox
•American Consumers
•Hank Paulson
•Joe Cassano
•Ian McCarthy
•Frank Raines
•Kathleen Corbet
•Dick Fuld
•Marion and Herb Sandler
•Bill Clinton
•George W. Bush
•Stan O'Neal
•Wen Jiabao
•David Lereah
•John Devaney
•Bernie Madoff
•Lew Ranieri
•Burton Jablin
•Fred Goodwin
•Sandy Weill
•David Oddsson
•Jimmy Cayne

Obama and his minions took unemployment up to double digits.

Way to go democrats :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Wont even take responsibility for his own disasters.
Former vice president Dick Cheney was on CNN’s State of the Union today, and he absolved himself, the Bush administration, and the Republican Party of any blame for the economic crisis. Instead, he blamed Barney Frank, and Chris Dodd, but press releases from the Bush administration say otherwise. In their own words, here is why Cheney and Bush should be blamed for the economy.

Host John King asked Cheney if the Bush administration left Obama with an economic mess. Cheney answered, “Well, I don’t follow the news quite as closely as I once did. But there’s no question that what the economic circumstances that he inherited are difficult ones. You know, we said that before we left. I don’t think you can blame the Bush administration for the creation of those circumstances. It’s a global financial problem. We had, in fact, tried to deal with the Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac problem some years before with major reforms and were blocked by Democrats on the Hill, Barney Frank and Chris Dodd.”

Why Cheney and Bush Should be Blamed for the Economy

J. Miller Rampant!: The BUSH-CHENEY RECESSION/DEPRESSION: In Charts

If you INSIST on blaming one person, when we KNOW that many people were the authors of this depression, the ONE person I would propose we have to blame is not a Republican (although there's plenty to blame) but instead you'd have to blame

William Jefferson Clinton.

Why?

Because he made it the law of the land that DEREIVATIVES would NOT be regulated.

And while the real estate crises probably sparked this depression, it was the DERIVATIVES mess that was the powder that blew up the economy.

And FWIW, for you LOYAL DEMS, know that nothing currently on the table of the Obama administratiuon appears to me to be doing much about that mess, now, either.

Take off your partisan blinders and start looking at the FACTS.

I don't confess to know much about derivatives. But aren't they related to speculation?

You know, I'm going to keep printing this and killing liberal lies as long as it takes to kill this BS from USMB.

2001 -1.25
2002 1.48
2003 3.39
2004 3.48
2005 2.52
2006 1.85
2007 1.14
2008 3.18
2009 9.91
2010 10.64

US Federal Deficit As Percent Of GDP in United States 1900-2010 - Federal State Local

2001 4.76
2002 5.78
2003 5.99
2004 5.53
2005 5.08
2006 4.63
2007 4.61
2008 5.76
2009 9.26

Liberals are going to get REAL TIRED of me busting up their lies this is all Bush's fault.

And what's funny is why you libs keep trying this lie. IT PROVES YOU GUYS ARE DUMBER THAN A BAG OF HAMMERS.

This lie DIDN'T FOOL THE VOTERS BUT YOU JUST KEEP ON BLASTING IT AD NAUSEUM. It as if an election didn't happen which proves the lie didn't work. :lmao:

But, here we go. Another paid Obama bot comes in USMB and tries the SAME OLD LIE; the usual brainless suspects glom on, because they haven't the brains to make a better lie.

The truth is this recession didn't start to take hold until DEMOCRATS TOOK HOLD.

Now, libs can start the usual personal attacks and protesting too much this didn't bust up their lie (which only proves it DID bust up their lie ;) )

The graph shows the final year of the Bush administration's Budget ( Sept 2009) to be quite an increase in the debt alrightie. Good job.

But why would the libs attack you for showing that it was one of the results of the the Bush Administration's policies that increase the debt so much. It just bolsters their argument.

the entire point of the thread is simply to show that you can blame dems, or repubs, bush or obama and the argument is always still the same. if it was bad and happened while bush was pres, it was the dems fault because the last 2 year they had control of congress. but if it was good while bush was pres, its only because of the republicans "responsibility". likewise if it was bad that happened while obama has been president, its all the dems fault, but if it was anywhere near good, it was only because of the overwhelming republican opposition.

its just a stupid argument in general. its both parties fault for the recession, the rise in spending and increase in deficit. you simply cant blame one person or one party. both parties and presidents have made both good and bad decisions. but what was the cause and what was the effect?

Bush created DHS in reaction to 9/11. now some people area calling on Obama to get rid of it (Ron Paul). is DHS a bad program? is it Obama's fault that DHS exists? or do we blame Bush for creating it?
like i said, stupid argument right?

what about the stimulus & TARP? Bush did the 1st stimulus and started TARP. Obama did a second stimulus and followed through and finished TARP. Both a reaction to the recession to try and stave off huge losses. so who do we blame? Bush for opening the door? or Obama for trying to do more?

People need to stop finger pointing and start realizing that everyone is to blame. The over spending, the run up in debt, the living beyond our means isnt just the governments fault, its everyones fault.

2001 -1.25
2002 1.48
2003 3.39
2004 3.48
2005 2.52
2006 1.85
2007 1.14
2008 3.18
2009 9.91
2010 10.64

2001 4.76
2002 5.78
2003 5.99
2004 5.53
2005 5.08
2006 4.63
2007 4.61
2008 5.76
2009 9.26

The graph shows the final year of the Bush administration's Budget ( Sept 2009) to be quite an increase in the debt alrightie. Good job.

But why would the libs attack you for showing that it was one of the results of the the Bush Administration's policies that increase the debt so much. It just bolsters their argument.

Oh yeah from 3.18 on the deficit to THREE TIMES THAT in 2009. Sure shows Bush is at fault!

Want to try that again???????

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

the entire point of the thread is simply to show that you can blame dems, or repubs, bush or obama and the argument is always still the same. if it was bad and happened while bush was pres, it was the dems fault because the last 2 year they had control of congress. but if it was good while bush was pres, its only because of the republicans "responsibility". likewise if it was bad that happened while obama has been president, its all the dems fault, but if it was anywhere near good, it was only because of the overwhelming republican opposition.

its just a stupid argument in general. its both parties fault for the recession, the rise in spending and increase in deficit. you simply cant blame one person or one party. both parties and presidents have made both good and bad decisions. but what was the cause and what was the effect?

Bush created DHS in reaction to 9/11. now some people area calling on Obama to get rid of it (Ron Paul). is DHS a bad program? is it Obama's fault that DHS exists? or do we blame Bush for creating it?
like i said, stupid argument right?

what about the stimulus & TARP? Bush did the 1st stimulus and started TARP. Obama did a second stimulus and followed through and finished TARP. Both a reaction to the recession to try and stave off huge losses. so who do we blame? Bush for opening the door? or Obama for trying to do more?

People need to stop finger pointing and start realizing that everyone is to blame. The over spending, the run up in debt, the living beyond our means isnt just the governments fault, its everyones fault.

What about the fact that Obama TRIPLED spending in 2009 making TARP look mild by comparison????????

2001 -1.25
2002 1.48
2003 3.39
2004 3.48
2005 2.52
2006 1.85
2007 1.14
2008 3.18
2009 9.91
2010 10.64

That 2008 spending INCLUDES TARP, and YET, look at 2008 as compared to 2009. Obama TRIPLED the deficit.

So, sorry, you got the memo late, but the voters didn't buy this BS. They made that clear on November 2.

But do keep blasting this failed propaganda. It's etertaining to watch!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

obama%20political%20cartoon%20%2823%29.jpg

More like.. ..Bush/Cheney continue to deny any involvement at all....

When in fact: (as posted in the links from Common Sense)

The pieces were put in place for a collapse by the Bush administration years before the Democrats took power. The problem for Democrats is that this easy lending mortgage idea started with President Bill Clinton, and Congressional Democrats did not even provide token opposition to the Republican plans that allowed the housing bubble.

This should be painful for members of both parties to hear, but they all are to blame. Instead of contemplating the long term effects of risky lending and a lack of regulation, everyone saw a political advantage in riding the housing bubble wave, so they stayed quiet. The Bush administration encouraged sub-prime lending and cut regulation, so they deserve most of the blame, but Congressional Democrats and Republicans aren’t blameless because they put the pieces in place for a crisis years before the collapse came.

GREED is the proximate cause of the housing collapse. Individual greed and institutional greed; along with a politcal system that calls campaign donations something other than bribes and the governments failure to regulate.
VP Cheney is (at best) disingenuous in his remarks; compare to the thread which discusses the coach using his knee on a player in the Jets game - Cheney ought to be as honest.
Booooooooooooosh&Co had the bully pulpit, if they were really concerned about the housing situation that had the ability to flood the Sunday news with a warning (as they did when they wanted to invade Iraq).
[I await Oddude's stupid response]

shit pulled right out of Beckys ass is all they need

is that where you get your "TRUTH" from?.....Becky's ass?

There's something seriously wrong with TM....

the only thing wrong with TM,is she thinks the so called TRUTH she posts is the real deal......how many times have i been sitting here looking at a thread she is in,watching her get pulled apart by the other posters time and time again.....she gets piled on as often as Dean does for his Stereotyping.....but it does create a little fun in the thread....

Once again

Republican White House & Republican Congress (Prosperity)
Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Annual

2001 4.2 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.3 4.5 4.6 4.9 5.0 5.3 5.5 5.7
2002 5.7 5.7 5.7 5.9 5.8 5.8 5.8 5.7 5.7 5.7 5.9 6.0
2003 5.8 5.9 5.9 6.0 6.1 6.3 6.2 6.1 6.1 6.0 5.8 5.7
2004 5.7 5.6 5.8 5.6 5.6 5.6 5.5 5.4 5.4 5.5 5.4 5.4
2005 5.3 5.4 5.2 5.2 5.1 5.0 5.0 4.9 5.0 5.0 5.0 4.9
2006 4.7 4.8 4.7 4.7 4.6 4.6 4.7 4.7 4.5 4.4 4.5 4.4

Republican white house & democrat congress (Things start to slip)
2007 4.6 4.5 4.4 4.5 4.4 4.6 4.6 4.6 4.7 4.7 4.7 5.0
2008 5.0 4.8 5.1 5.0 5.4 5.5 5.8 6.1 6.2 6.6 6.9 7.4

Democrat president & democrat congress (ECONOMIC DISASTER)

2009 7.7 8.2 8.6 8.9 9.4 9.5 9.4 9.7 9.8 10.1 10.0 10.0
2010 9.7 9.7 9.7 9.9 9.7 9.5 9.5 9.6 9.6 9.6 9.8

No, I don't blame the republicans at all.

The democrats are SOLELY responsible for the Obama economic disaster. They have had full control of the federal government for two years, and the democrats controlled congress for four years.

Last edited:

Oh yeah from 3.18 on the deficit to THREE TIMES THAT in 2009. Sure shows Bush is at fault!

Exactly, 2009 was a Bush budget. Thank you for confirming this.

K.

The United States federal budget for fiscal year 2009 was a spending request by President George W. Bush to fund government operations for October 2008-September 2009.

Thank you again for showing how much of the current debt former President Bush is responisble for.

Of course some folks might not know how the federal budget works, and might assume that 2009 is solely President Obama's responsiblity.

More like.. ..Bush/Cheney continue to deny any involvement at all....

When in fact: (as posted in the links from Common Sense)

The pieces were put in place for a collapse by the Bush administration years before the Democrats took power. The problem for Democrats is that this easy lending mortgage idea started with President Bill Clinton, and Congressional Democrats did not even provide token opposition to the Republican plans that allowed the housing bubble.

This should be painful for members of both parties to hear, but they all are to blame. Instead of contemplating the long term effects of risky lending and a lack of regulation, everyone saw a political advantage in riding the housing bubble wave, so they stayed quiet. The Bush administration encouraged sub-prime lending and cut regulation, so they deserve most of the blame, but Congressional Democrats and Republicans aren’t blameless because they put the pieces in place for a crisis years before the collapse came.

GREED is the proximate cause of the housing collapse. Individual greed and institutional greed; along with a politcal system that calls campaign donations something other than bribes and the governments failure to regulate.
VP Cheney is (at best) disingenuous in his remarks; compare to the thread which discusses the coach using his knee on a player in the Jets game - Cheney ought to be as honest.
Booooooooooooosh&Co had the bully pulpit, if they were really concerned about the housing situation that had the ability to flood the Sunday news with a warning (as they did when they wanted to invade Iraq).
[I await Oddude's stupid response]

Bush had warned congress about the the growing problems. If the news media doesn't want to write about it....who's fault is that, wry?

The White House Warned Congress About Fannie Mae Freddie Mac 17 Times In 2008, Alone Nice Deb

Exactly, 2009 was a Bush budget. Thank you for confirming this.
Guess who was promising to tax and regulate everything out of existence at that time, thereby scaring the shit out of business owners?

It starts with Barak Hussein.

Forum List

Back