The Environmental Left: Epic levels of losing!!!!!

skookerasbil

Platinum Member
Aug 6, 2009
Not the middle of nowhere
Even I didn't think it was this hopeless for these nuts!!! Kick to the groin after kick to the groin........and I absolutely could not be any happier!!!

"But the unkindest cut that the environmentalist left has been nursing is a self-inflicted one. The great white whale of the movement has always been the fiction that a self-sustaining “green” economy could be realized if only lawmakers showed the will to rein in and domesticate the wild impulses of capitalism. This was always ever a fiction, and the environmentalist left’s laboratory experiment – the state of California – has unequivocally demonstrated as much.

“California lawmakers from both parties are calling for more stringent oversight of a clean jobs initiative after an Associated Press report found that a fraction of the promised jobs have been created,” the AP revealed. The biggest beneficiaries of the vast sums dedicated to this project have not been green energy producers but politically well-connected “consultants and energy auditors.”

Liberal Environmentalism s Many Disasters

To my skeptic pals.........wanna get some real good chuckles, check out this link above!! Even Obama is repeatedly kicking these people in the balls....waving 40 year bans on exports of domestically produced crude!! And under Obama........natural gas is :badgrin:DOMINATING:badgrin:......waivers by the DOE to allow huge ass gas exports.........yuk.........yuk.............

Im laughing........just more fodder on how much of a fantasy land the AGW k00ks live in!!:fu::fu::fu:

Ahhh, the unintended consequences of leftism. I love it! :biggrin:

I love clean air, water and food. Don't you? I'll also agree that regulations and oversight is a good idea!
wizard_of_oz_1360_scarecrow_on_fire.jpg

I guess you failed to read the article and that no progress is being made except to hire highly paid LIBERAL environmental firms to do studies...

Drinking from the Government teet, TAXes Collected from those of us who actually work.. . Liberal political groups sucking up the money....

Last edited:
Even I didn't think it was this hopeless for these nuts!!! Kick to the groin after kick to the groin........and I absolutely could not be any happier!!!

"But the unkindest cut that the environmentalist left has been nursing is a self-inflicted one. The great white whale of the movement has always been the fiction that a self-sustaining “green” economy could be realized if only lawmakers showed the will to rein in and domesticate the wild impulses of capitalism. This was always ever a fiction, and the environmentalist left’s laboratory experiment – the state of California – has unequivocally demonstrated as much.

“California lawmakers from both parties are calling for more stringent oversight of a clean jobs initiative after an Associated Press report found that a fraction of the promised jobs have been created,” the AP revealed. The biggest beneficiaries of the vast sums dedicated to this project have not been green energy producers but politically well-connected “consultants and energy auditors.”

To my skeptic pals.........wanna get some real good chuckles, check out this link above!! Even Obama is repeatedly kicking these people in the balls....waving 40 year bans on exports of domestically produced crude!! And under Obama........natural gas is :badgrin:DOMINATING:badgrin:......waivers by the DOE to allow huge ass gas exports.........yuk.........yuk.............

Im laughing........just more fodder on how much of a fantasy land the AGW k00ks live in!!:fu::fu::fu:

I love clean air, water and food. Don't you? I'll also agree that regulations and oversight is a good idea!
wizard_of_oz_1360_scarecrow_on_fire.jpg

I guess you failed to read the article and that no progress is being made except to hire highly paid LIBERAL environmental firms to do studies...

Drinking from the Government teet, TAXes Collected from those of us who actually work.. . Liberal political groups sucking up the money....

You mean like Solyndra, Solar Trust of America, Bright Source, LSP Energy, Energy Conversion Devices, Abound Solar, SunPower, Beacon Power, Ecotality, A123 Solar, Unisolar, Azure Dynamics, Evergreen Solar, Ener1, and the couple dozen other "green energy" companies who were given billions of dollars, only to go bankrupt?

My, my. And yet, the cost of wind and solar are now just over half that of dirty coal. Seems that the investment in renewables, even with the failures, was a good one. Next, some investments in deep geothermal.

Point of the thread is.....the environmental left talk a spectacular game in the nether-regions of the internet, but barely move the ball towards the goalposts in the real world.

What to they have to hang their hats on over the last 10 years? Legislation on light bulbs................THATS IT!!!:banana::badgrin::banana:

By the way.........advocates of solar power never want to talk about the "real costs". Typical progressive strategy...............

Non-bubble dwellers know the poop though...........

From the study commissioned by the University of Juan Carlos and the Juan de Mariana Institute, since 2000 Spain spent €571,138 to create each "green job", including subsidies of more than €1 million per wind industry job. Two thirds of jobs were in construction, fabrication and installation, one quarter in administrative positions, marketing and projects engineering, and just one out of ten jobs has been created at the more permanent level of actual operation and maintenance of the renewable sources of electricity. The programs creating each green job also resulted in the destruction of 2.2 jobs elsewhere in the country for every "green job" created. In the end the price of electricity paid by the consumer in Spain will have to be increased 31% to be able to repay the historic debt generated by the deficit produced by the subsidies to renewable. [See Resources below.]

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/07/the_real_cost_of_solar_energy.html#ixzz3jG9yQwCR
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Without massive subsidies, renewable energy like solar would become extinct in the marketplace.........100% certainty.

People who actually confront the truth on this when they step out of bubble-land realize the fantasy of it all.......the experiment in Spain was a fucking disaster, something the AGW alarmists conveniently ignore. Why? Because its always about the intentions and never about the results. Results don't matter.:funnyface::funnyface::fu:

:gay::gay::gay::gay::gay::gay::gay:

http://www.irena.org/Publications/rejobs-annual-review-2014.pdf

KEY FACTS
} IRENA estimates that renewable energy jobs reached 6.5million
in 2013.
1 In decreasing order, the largest employers were China, Brazil, the
United States, India, Germany, Spain and Bangladesh.
} Regional shifts from developed to emerging countries continued in wind
and solar technologies, predominantly in the manufacturing and installation
segments of the value chain.
} Solar photovoltaic and wind power remain the most dynamic renewable
energy technologies.
} In 2013, the solar photovoltaic sector accounted for 2.3 million jobs,
largely concentrated in China. The trends show an increase in Chinese
installation jobs, while manufacturing jobs remain stable as growing demand
is absorbing the oversupply of photovoltaic panels.
} Liquid biofuels, modern biomass and biogas are large employers
(1.4 million, 0.8 million and 0.3 million) and jobs are mainly concentrated
in feedstock production.
} Wind employment remains relatively stable at 0.8 million jobs. Policy
changes in several countries have reduced installation jobs, while those in
operations and maintenance have experienced some growth.
} Solar heating employed 0.5 million people, around 70% were in China.
Data availability for solar heating, small hydro and geothermal is low, hence
there is a potential for underestimation of jobs.
} The policy context is vital – steadiness and predictablity are essential to
ensure sustained growth in renewable energy employment.
} Education and training are critical enablers for employment in this
relatively new and highly dynamic sector. Skill shortages are already creating
bottlenecks for deployment in some countries.

Worldwide, the renewables are gaining.

http://www.ren21.net/Portals/0/documents/Resources/GSR/2014/GSR2014_full report_low res.pdf

Some highlights of 2013 include:
◾ In the European Union, renewables represented the majority
of new electric generating capacity for the sixth consecutive
year. The 72% share in 2013 is in stark contrast to a decade
earlier, when conventional fossil generation accounted
for 80% of new capacity in the EU-27 plus Norway and
Switzerland.
◾ Even as global investment in solar PV declined nearly 22%
relative to 2012, new capacity installations increased by about
32%.
◾ China’s new renewable power capacity surpassed new fossil
fuel and nuclear capacity for the first time.
◾ Variable renewables achieved high levels of penetration in
several countries. For example, throughout 2013, wind power
met 33.2% of electricity demand in Denmark and 20.9% in
Spain; in Italy, solar PV met 7.8% of total annual electricity
demand.
◾ Wind power was excluded from one of Brazil’s national
auctions because it was pricing all other generation sources
out of the market.
◾ Denmark banned the use of fossil fuel-fired boilers in new
buildings as of 2013 and aims for renewables to provide
almost 40% of total heat supply by 2020.
◾ Growing numbers of cities, states, and regions seek to
transition to 100% renewable energy in either individual
sectors or economy-wide. For example, Djibouti, Scotland,
and the small-island state of Tuvalu aim to derive 100% of
their electricity from renewable sources by 2020. Among
those who have already achieved their goals are about 20
million Germans who live in so-called 100% renewable
energy regions.

Looks like the renewables are doing great.

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2015/01/15/3611522/solar-jobs-report-2014/

The solar industry added jobs at a rate nearly 20 times faster than the national average last year, according to an annual report.

The report, published Thursday by the Solar Foundation, found that more than 31,000 solar jobs were added in the U.S. between November 2013 and November 2014. According to the report, 85 percent of those jobs were new, rather than jobs that already existed but which added additional solar responsibilities. There are now a total of 173,807 people in the U.S. with jobs related to solar power, a number that’s increased by 87 percent over the last five years.

solar-jobs-638x534.jpg

CREDIT: THE SOLAR FOUNDATION

Most of the employment in the solar industry — 55.8 percent — is in jobs related to solar installation, the report found, while solar manufacturing accounts for 18.7 percent of jobs, sales and distribution accounts for 11.6 percent, and project development accounts for 8.7 percent. A few states, such as California, North Carolina, Massachusetts, and New York, led in solar installation from 2013-2014, but the report highlighted a few other states, such as Georgia, Indiana, Virginia, and Tennessee, which are experiencing surges in solar installation after a history of being slow to commit to the energy source.

According to the report, the solar installation sector beat out the oil and gas pipeline construction industry and the crude oil and natural gas extraction industry in 2014, creating almost 50 percent more jobs than those industries did.
The report also expects solar jobs to continue to grow in 2015, predicting that more than 36,000 jobs will be added over the next 12 months.

One might call this winning.

http://www.ren21.net/Portals/0/documents/activities/Topical Reports/REN21_10yr.pdf

Growth Rates 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 Estimation
Solar Photovoltaic GW – 35% 32% 40% 44% 36% 48% 44% 29% 28%
Concentrating Solar Power GW – 5% 0% 23% 14% 24% 54% 31% 36% 26%
Wind Power GW – 19% 20% 21% 22% 24% 20% 17% 16% 11%
Bio Power GW – 4% 5% 6% 2% 10% 27% 7% 4% 12%
Geothermal Power GW – 0% 2% 4% 3% 3% 2% 2% 2% 3%
Hydro Power GW – – – – – – – 3% 3% 1%

My, my, wouldn't we all like the have a bank account with the growth rates of solar and wind.

http://www.ren21.net/Portals/0/documents/Resources/GSR/2014/GSR2014_full report_low res.pdf

Some highlights of 2013 include:
◾ In the European Union, renewables represented the majority
of new electric generating capacity for the sixth consecutive
year. The 72% share in 2013 is in stark contrast to a decade
earlier, when conventional fossil generation accounted
for 80% of new capacity in the EU-27 plus Norway and
Switzerland.
◾ Even as global investment in solar PV declined nearly 22%
relative to 2012, new capacity installations increased by about
32%.
◾ China’s new renewable power capacity surpassed new fossil
fuel and nuclear capacity for the first time.
◾ Variable renewables achieved high levels of penetration in
several countries. For example, throughout 2013, wind power
met 33.2% of electricity demand in Denmark and 20.9% in
Spain; in Italy, solar PV met 7.8% of total annual electricity
demand.
◾ Wind power was excluded from one of Brazil’s national
auctions because it was pricing all other generation sources
out of the market.
◾ Denmark banned the use of fossil fuel-fired boilers in new
buildings as of 2013 and aims for renewables to provide
almost 40% of total heat supply by 2020.
◾ Growing numbers of cities, states, and regions seek to
transition to 100% renewable energy in either individual
sectors or economy-wide. For example, Djibouti, Scotland,
and the small-island state of Tuvalu aim to derive 100% of
their electricity from renewable sources by 2020. Among
those who have already achieved their goals are about 20
million Germans who live in so-called 100% renewable
energy regions.

Looks like the renewables are doing great.

Yeah but the only people who really buy that are the same people who would call Kiera Knightly big boobed.

Oh.....and members of the EU pay through the nose for electricity!! I can post up a graph by request. And the China bullet above is patently misleading........here is the poop on Chinese energy production :ack-1:25 years from NOW:ack-1: ( this is one of those moments where Im about to split my sides laughing as I post up the graph!!!)

[URL=http://s42.photobucket.com/user/baldaltima/media/China%20installed%20capacity%20by%20fuel.png.html][/URL]

http://www.ren21.net/Portals/0/documents/activities/Topical Reports/REN21_10yr.pdf

My, my, wouldn't we all like the have a bank account with the growth rates of solar and wind.

Hmmm.........unfortunately, Wall Street doesn't concur!!!:2up:

Solar is having a great year, except on Wall Street

Investments in renewables has fallen precipitously since 2007 and keeps falling!!!

[URL=http://s42.photobucket.com/user/baldaltima/media/moneygame-cotd-121012.jpg.html][/URL]

All the AGW folks have is hype!!!:coffee:

where's 2014 and 2015?

Counting garbage collection as a green job really doesn't IMPROVE any of things all by itself..
And making your political cronies richer with government/corporate collusion is something that MOST people, INCLUDING the left hate.. Until you try to cut THEIR favorite corporate handouts..

Counting garbage collection as a green job really doesn't IMPROVE any of things all by itself..
And making your political cronies richer with government/corporate collusion is something that MOST people, INCLUDING the left hate.. Until you try to cut THEIR favorite corporate handouts..

We wouldn't be living in the new world if it wasn't for governments funding trading outpost and missions to the new world. I don't think spending tax dollars per say is a bad thing if it benefits the society. As I say on other threads,,,If we're going to use the roads, police and enjoy the high standards...Why shouldn't we pay the taxes?

We wouldn't be living in the new world if it wasn't for governments funding trading outpost and missions to the new world. I don't think spending tax dollars per say is a bad thing if it benefits the society. As I say on other threads,,,If we're going to use the roads, police and enjoy the high standards...Why shouldn't we pay the taxes?
Blind fellowship. Love it

Forum List

Back