The environment depleting. Does no one care?

Originally posted by gop_jeff
Go read the book "The Skeptical Environmentalist." It is filled with statistics showing that, while there are some serious environmental problems to deal with, they are not nearly as serious as the enviro-lobbyists would have you think. Great book, IMO.

I've read that book as well, and just so you know it has many flaws in itself. A casual web search will most likely show several of the larger flaws in his reasoning. Though of course, he does make some good points, expecially to some of the "doomsday" notions of environmentalists.

Originally posted by Isaac Brock
I would say that forestry companies logging their own lots have been significantly more successful in efficient logging is private lots over public lots. I take this notion at least from the Canadian context. When its their land, they care more about it, much like how farmers care for their own land. Instead of agriculture, we should be thinking more a long the lines of silviculture. Personally I think that's the best way to go and I know, at least in Canada, there is a lot of moment shifting that way.

As for parks, if not suggesting mass park-ification, just maintain national forests and keep the existing parks. I don't think that's really a terrible burden on anyone.

Good pt Isaac. I am from MN, another big logging state,(we had to get an easment from a logging comapny for our driveway) but the logging companies do things similarly. They own the land and take care of it.

The park pt is a valid one as well. I think even they allow logging at time as well. Sometimes to prevent forest fires.

I think that would be a fairly good thing also.

New Topics

Forum List

Back