The Enraged vs. The Exhausted

masquerade

positivity
Oct 15, 2009
right of center
There are two major developments, she says, ( Rep. Marsha Blackburn of Tennessee ) that are new this year and insufficiently noted, but they're going to shape election outcomes in 2010 and beyond.

First, Washington is being revealed in a new way. The American people now know, "with real sophistication," everything that happens in the capital. "I find a much more knowledgeable electorate, and it is a real-time response," Ms. Blackburn says. "We hear about it even as the vote is taking place." Voters come to rallies carrying research—"things they pulled off the Internet, forwarded emails," copies of bills, roll-call votes. The Internet isn't just a tool for organization and fund-raising, it has given citizens access to information they never had before. "The more they know," Ms. Blackburn observes, "the less they like Washington."

Second is the rise of women as a force. They "are the drivers in this election cycle," Ms. Blackburn says. "Something is going on." At tea-party events the past 18 months, she started to notice "60% of the crowd is women." She tells of a political rally that drew thousands in Nashville, at the State Capitol plaza. She had brought her year-old grandson. When the mic was handed to her she was holding him. "I said, 'How many of you are grandmothers?' The hands! That was the moment I realized that the majority of the people at the political events now are women. I saw this in town halls in '09—it was women showing up at my listening events, it was women talking about health care."

Opinion piece written by Peggy Noonan

Not being a woman, and avoiding them much of the time unless I need a beer, or a sammich, I'm certainly no expert.....however,

I wonder if Dem/libs have misjudged the number of women that support their "signature" women-relative causes; e.g. Abortion.

Also, with an increasing number of women business owners, how many support the anti-business policies of Barak Hussein?

Leave it to Peggy to notice that the Tea Parties are at least 50% women. I hadn't noticed, then again I'm not a Dem and always classifying people by race, gender and net worth

Forum List

Back