The enemy within - tax cheats!

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
WASHINGTON (AP) -- "People and businesses underpaid their taxes by an estimated 17 percent in the most recent year studied, failing to send the government a massive $450 billion that it was owed, according to an Internal Revenue Service report released Friday.

The study covered 2006, the most recent data the IRS said was available. The amount of underpaid taxes far exceeded the size of the entire federal budget deficit at the time."

IRS estimate: 17 percent of taxes owed went unpaid - Yahoo! Finance

• Banned
I suppose this thead needs to be suppressed since most of the callous conservatives are motivated by greed and likely part of the enemy within.

I suppose this thead needs to be suppressed since most of the callous conservatives are motivated by greed and likely part of the enemy within.

And yet what we see from History is No republican nominated for high office failed to pay their taxes, yet many Democrats nominated did, so many that Our Treasury Secretary was accepted even though he did not.

GO FIGURE.

The assumption is that all money belongs to the government and they only let us use it for a little while. The politicians who created and amended the gigantic convoluted US Tax code weren't that smart. If they were they wouldn't become politicians. When someone smarter than them finds a loophole they cry foul, it's our money. The freaking Treasury Secretary was a tax cheat. He paid back about $35,000 when he was appointed.

• Banned
The assumption is that all money belongs to the government and they only let us use it for a little while. The politicians who created and amended the gigantic convoluted US Tax code weren't that smart. If they were they wouldn't become politicians. When someone smarter than them finds a loophole they cry foul, it's our money. The freaking Treasury Secretary was a tax cheat. He paid back about $35,000 when he was appointed.

Avarice isn't a condition solely afflecting Republicans and not only Republicans cheat on their taxes.

Cheating on taxes and the loss of revenue screams for reform, and yet the Congress does nothing.

And yet what we see from History is No republican nominated for high office failed to pay their taxes, yet many Democrats nominated did, so many that Our Treasury Secretary was accepted even though he did not.

GO FIGURE.

Geithner is not a democrat

GO FIGURE.

Geithner ain't a democrat? I've seen politically naive theories before but this takes the cake. You might as well say that Van Jones isn't a communist.

Keeping your money out of government hands is an act of patriotism.

More reasons to simply enact the fairtax and repeal the sixteenth amendment.

Keep Romney away from it though. He wants a VAT.

Obviously, just like the 5 Obama cabinet appointees who were revealed to have cheated on their taxes and as a result had to withdraw their nominations, except for Mr. Geithner, of course. Running the IRS was his reward for cheating them.

GO FIGURE.

It's true he claims to be a Independant but his memberships are elitist all the way..

Center for Global Development (Board of Directors)
Council on Foreign Relations
Economic Club of New York (trustee)
Bank for International Settlements, Committee on payment and settlement systems (chairman)
Bilderberg Group

WASHINGTON (AP) -- "People and businesses underpaid their taxes by an estimated 17 percent in the most recent year studied, failing to send the government a massive $450 billion that it was owed, according to an Internal Revenue Service report released Friday.

The study covered 2006, the most recent data the IRS said was available. The amount of underpaid taxes far exceeded the size of the entire federal budget deficit at the time."
$450 Billion, wow! That would fund the current gov't for... OMG a month and a half! :eek:

$450 Billion, wow! That would fund the current gov't for... OMG a month and a half! :eek:

you do realize thats an amazing amount don't you? Would you willingly work for a month and a half for free? Or tell your work that you have no problem taking a 10% pay cut, because it wouldn't really effect you?
It is also about 40% of next years projected deficit.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/04/15/the-daily-beast-ranks-the-party-democratic-or-republican-with-the-most-tax-cheats.html?om_rid=NIi-Df&om_mid=_BNqJzRB8aU2hHC

Democrats have the most tax scandals by a margin of 18 to 7.

Republicans and Tea Partiers tend to shout the loudest when it comes to tax reform, and they’re also the most law abiding—when it comes to paying their taxes, anyway.

Thread closed.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back