The Enemies Of The American People: The Media

Truly, the media is our enemy and no longer the trusted clarion of truth and information for the American people. Pat Caddell is spot on to be angry and disgusted and to see the Press as an actual dangerous enemy to the people of this country!

I posted this prior, because with this Benghazi incident I too see the Press as the actual problem to our political landscape...THEY are the key to getting our country back on track.

Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Our Press was provided for in the Constitution a special freedom in order that they would be free from bias and thereby offer a protection to the citizens of this country. They have failed miserably in their calling. There is ample evidence of their liberal bias. They are all gun-ho to go after any conservative- some of it valid some of it faux
hysteria and some of it out right smear... Yet they are loathe to treat liberals, especially Obama, with the same resolve and fierceness.

They are likewise quick to brand conservatives like the TEA Party and yet loathe to do the same to the Occupiers. They are quick to call conservatives racist and yet laugh and mock and encourage attacks of black conservatives... the hypocrisy and double standard is not merely despicable it is traitorous to their calling and the privileges it offers.

Politicians of all persuasions are susceptible to corrupting influences. That is why our Press need to be unbiased in their hard news reporting. I am not saying opinion is not valid. But opinion needs to be left on the 4th page in the editorial section. The only way to get our political landscape back to anything resembling healthy, is to hold our Press to account... THAT is really the road to political recovery in this country- the only way to soothe the partisan monster that represents the political landscape today.

The problem is that the masses have been numbed to the bias. We are no longer free to think and have our own personal beliefs and biases for fear of being branded. We are being marginalized as extremists if we don't share in liberal group think- even though the far left represent only a small percentage of the population, that percentage also includes the media. A media that have the influential power over the information being dispensed. WE need to wake up the masses by being relentless in our criticism and accusations of the media.

Although you DO cite in your post that the Constitution does have a provision regarding freedom of the press, there is absolutely NO provision that they be either unbiased or ethical. That's why the Fairness in Media Doctrine was created, but Reagan got rid of that. And since there isn't any regulation at all anymore regarding monopolies or market manipulation, there really isn't any independent media anymore.

In other words, clevergirl, you are getting EXACTLY what the right wing has been striving for. The media is for-profit, and free of regulation. Every bit of "news" you now receive as a consumer is slanted toward getting your loyalty as a customer and gaining "ratings" to sell to advertisers for a profit.

Nice system, eh? LOL

Truly, the media is our enemy and no longer the trusted clarion of truth and information for the American people. Pat Caddell is spot on to be angry and disgusted and to see the Press as an actual dangerous enemy to the people of this country!

I posted this prior, because with this Benghazi incident I too see the Press as the actual problem to our political landscape...THEY are the key to getting our country back on track.

Our Press was provided for in the Constitution a special freedom in order that they would be free from bias and thereby offer a protection to the citizens of this country. They have failed miserably in their calling. There is ample evidence of their liberal bias. They are all gun-ho to go after any conservative- some of it valid some of it faux
hysteria and some of it out right smear... Yet they are loathe to treat liberals, especially Obama, with the same resolve and fierceness.

They are likewise quick to brand conservatives like the TEA Party and yet loathe to do the same to the Occupiers. They are quick to call conservatives racist and yet laugh and mock and encourage attacks of black conservatives... the hypocrisy and double standard is not merely despicable it is traitorous to their calling and the privileges it offers.

Politicians of all persuasions are susceptible to corrupting influences. That is why our Press need to be unbiased in their hard news reporting. I am not saying opinion is not valid. But opinion needs to be left on the 4th page in the editorial section. The only way to get our political landscape back to anything resembling healthy, is to hold our Press to account... THAT is really the road to political recovery in this country- the only way to soothe the partisan monster that represents the political landscape today.

The problem is that the masses have been numbed to the bias. We are no longer free to think and have our own personal beliefs and biases for fear of being branded. We are being marginalized as extremists if we don't share in liberal group think- even though the far left represent only a small percentage of the population, that percentage also includes the media. A media that have the influential power over the information being dispensed. WE need to wake up the masses by being relentless in our criticism and accusations of the media.

It's particularly troubling that ABC, CBS, and NBC operate on the public airwaves and as such should be held to a higher standard than other media. I suppose tho that with cable available, there are other options. I would like to see the satellite and cables companies allow people the option at this point to buy programming that doesn't include the alphabet stations. Even if you don't watch them, part of their advertising revenue is based on however many households they can reach.

It's particularly troubling that ABC, CBS, and NBC operate on the public airwaves and as such should be held to a higher standard than other media. I suppose tho that with cable available, there are other options. I would like to see the satellite and cables companies allow people the option at this point to buy programming that doesn't include the alphabet stations. Even if you don't watch them, part of their advertising revenue is based on however many households they can reach.

But the Right Wing is against regulation, right? So, exactly HOW do you propose to police these so-called "standards?" Whose standards do we use--yours, or mine? What we have is the result of little or no regulation. Congratulations, your side is winning.

But the Right Wing is against regulation, right? So, exactly HOW do you propose to police these so-called "standards?" Whose standards do we use--yours, or mine? What we have is the result of little or no regulation. Congratulations, your side is winning.

I wasn't necessarily speaking of "government" standards. I'd much rather see ordinary people call them and let them know what they think of them. I'd like to see them simply shunned by people that find their behavior to be deceitful and agenda driven. I'd like to see people call their cable companies and request packages that don't include the alphabet stations. People should let advertisers know that they are no longer watching those stations. We don't need the government to police what the people can do themselves.

For what it's worth, I don't think the media's goal is to "destroy America" or damage it somehow. It's been my experience (and I have plenty of it) that most of the people in the media feel like they're doing quite the opposite. They're on a mission to "bring The Truth" to America -- and of course, for a vast majority of them, The Truth has a decidedly left wing perspective.

That's why it's so easy for them to angle their reporting in the way they do. Over the last few decades, the media has decided (and the American Left agrees) that it has the responsibility of identifying "The Truth" in any given story, and then reporting the story from that perspective.

I know it sounds crazy, but I believe they're sincere. They've just spent the last couple of generations confusing The Truth with objectively reporting the story. And of course, "The Truth" is nothing more than "my opinion based on my own biases".

So, in this case, it's "The Truth" that Obama should win, that's what's best for us, and that's how they're proceeding. Really. Seriously.

I tend to agree that the majority of MSM think they are "sticking it to the man"... and in this case the man is the wealthy, 1% capitalism, profits, etc. and the think they are defending (in their minds the "little people", i.e. workers..)!

My 1960s college journalism fellow students who are NOW mid-level producers/editors of MSM were for the most of them part like me hangers on the fringe of Students for Democratic Society and it's anarchy fringe "weathermen". So that "stick it to the man" mentality for many was never outgrown!
And so today these producers/editors write headlines biased against GOP/Conservatives.. even though these juvenile editors/producers drive SUVs, live in the burbs.. basically doing what their MSM bias rails against!

So rather then "destroying America" thank goodness for AlGore's internet, these editors/producers headline writing influences are diminishing as more of us are getting less biased information!

Here's a weird theory for you.

My first assignment in my first class (Journalism) on my first day of college (this was 1975) was to read "All the President's Men".

Looking back, I wonder how far that book and movie went in creating the media disaster we have today: Journalist as Celebrity. Woodward & Bernstein became overnight superstars, it made them very wealthy, and it essentially gave them a pass in many ways for the rest of their careers.

Look at our "journalists" today - Most of them are falling over each other in an attempt to make the most noise, spin a story in most spectacular way, and (more than anything else) "get" someone. Being a "pundit" gives you (and your career) immediate mass exposure, saying something over the top -- no matter how intellectually dishonest -- keeps you there.

Dunno, I just wonder about that.

Last edited:

Although you DO cite in your post that the Constitution does have a provision regarding freedom of the press, there is absolutely NO provision that they be either unbiased or ethical. That's why the Fairness in Media Doctrine was created, but Reagan got rid of that. And since there isn't any regulation at all anymore regarding monopolies or market manipulation, there really isn't any independent media anymore.

In other words, clevergirl, you are getting EXACTLY what the right wing has been striving for. The media is for-profit, and free of regulation. Every bit of "news" you now receive as a consumer is slanted toward getting your loyalty as a customer and gaining "ratings" to sell to advertisers for a profit.

Nice system, eh? LOL

They were provided protections so that they could go after our government free from any of their personal bias. For years excellent schools of journalism taught this- that has virtually all but disappeared.

The so called "fairness doctrine" had its time and place...that was back when most people were limited to only a handful of options. THAT has not been the case for too many years to count. Every opinion that can be espoused is!

I wasn't necessarily speaking of "government" standards. I'd much rather see ordinary people call them and let them know what they think of them. I'd like to see them simply shunned by people that find their behavior to be deceitful and agenda driven. I'd like to see people call their cable companies and request packages that don't include the alphabet stations. People should let advertisers know that they are no longer watching those stations. We don't need the government to police what the people can do themselves.

This is exactly what is happening now.

They were provided protections so that they could go after our government free from any of their personal bias. For years excellent schools of journalism taught this- that has virtually all but disappeared.

The so called "fairness doctrine" had its time and place...that was back when most people were limited to only a handful of options. THAT has not been the case for too many years to count. Every opinion that can be espoused is!

No, the media was not "provided protections so that they could go after our government free from any of their personal bias." Freedom of expression included freedom of the press, and that was considered as a basic right. There was no implied reason for it, other than the issue of fundamental freedoms.

Anyway, my point is that the current state of the media is EXACTLY what the right wing has been promoting since Reagan. Or did you expect the right wing to completely control ALL media?

Nice system, eh? LOL

It's WORKING!!!

Hey not a problem! MSM is a dying industry and due to the BIAS!

"The core of newspapers’ financial problems has been rapidly declining advertising revenues. They fell nearly 48% since 2006."

Newspapers: By the Numbers | State of the Media

The latest findings from the Pew Research Center for People and the Press suggest a further decline has taken place in the credibility of American news organizations.

The "believability" of these organizations was at 56 per cent in the study,
down from 62 per cent two years earlier and
71 per cent only a decade ago. Nine of 13 organizations assessed in the study (a survey of Americans) declined substantially in the last two years.

The study has shown media believability has been divided along partisan lines. But only two organizations (Fox News and local TV news) enjoy the support in the poll of two-thirds of Republicans. Democrats are more positive about media, with the exception of Fox.
PEW STUDY: News organization credibility declines again - Kirk LaPointe's themediamanager.com: on journalism standards, ethics and the public

No, the media was not "provided protections so that they could go after our government free from any of their personal bias." Freedom of expression included freedom of the press, and that was considered as a basic right. There was no implied reason for it, other than the issue of fundamental freedoms.

I just want to deal with this little gem.

Bill of Rights said:
Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
Funny, I don't see Freedom of Expression in there...

Why do you think the press is the ONLY private enterprise whose protections are established by our Constitution?

John F. Kennedy said:
Without debate, without criticism, no Administration and no country can succeed and no republic can survive. That is why the Athenian lawmaker Solon decreed it a crime for any citizen to shrink from controversy. And that is why our press was protected by the First Amendment-- the only business in America specifically protected by the Constitution--not primarily to amuse and entertain, not to emphasize the trivial and the sentimental, not to simply "give the public what it wants"--but to inform, to arouse, to reflect, to state our dangers and our opportunities, to indicate our crises and our choices, to lead, mold, educate and sometimes even anger public opinion.

It is called "The Fourth Estate" for a reason. Look it up.

Bill of Rights said:
Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Why do you think the press is the ONLY private enterprise whose protections are established by our Constitution?

First of all, I assume that you believe that "freedom of expression" and "freedom of speech" are not equivalent. I do; in the context I used the wording, they mean the very same thing.

Also, where did you read that I believe "press is the ONLY private enterprise whose protections are established by our Constitution?" We were only talking about the press. That was a broad leap you just made.

Bill of Rights said:
Amendment I

First of all, I assume that you believe that "freedom of expression" and "freedom of speech" are not equivalent. I do; in the context I used the wording, they mean the very same thing.

Also, where did you read that I believe "press is the ONLY private enterprise whose protections are established by our Constitution?" We were only talking about the press. That was a broad leap you just made.

First of all, those items on the 1st Amendment 'list', do NOT include 'expression'.

Speech is a form of expression.

So is fire-bombing.

Our Founders knew the difference, it's a shame that you don't.

Second, that was a question, not a statement.

You can tell the difference by that thing at the end called a 'question mark'.

ETA: Can you name any OTHER private enterprise enshrined with Constitutional protection?

Last edited:

For what it's worth, I don't think the media's goal is to "destroy America" or damage it somehow. It's been my experience (and I have plenty of it) that most of the people in the media feel like they're doing quite the opposite. They're on a mission to "bring The Truth" to America -- and of course, for a vast majority of them, The Truth has a decidedly left wing perspective.

That's why it's so easy for them to angle their reporting in the way they do. Over the last few decades, the media has decided (and the American Left agrees) that it has the responsibility of identifying "The Truth" in any given story, and then reporting the story from that perspective.

I know it sounds crazy, but I believe they're sincere. They've just spent the last couple of generations confusing The Truth with objectively reporting the story. And of course, "The Truth" is nothing more than "my opinion based on my own biases".

So, in this case, it's "The Truth" that Obama should win, that's what's best for us, and that's how they're proceeding. Really. Seriously.

I would be inclined to accept your generous explanation if it were not for the mainstream media's SUPPRESSION OF INFORMATION that they deem unfavorable to their candidate's election prospects.

I would be inclined to accept your generous explanation if it were not for the mainstream media's SUPPRESSION OF INFORMATION that they deem unfavorable to their candidate's election prospects.

Hell, I would use it as an example. Since they're convinced they know "The Truth", any ideas or facts that are contrary to their agenda are not deserving of the light of day.

And they'll tell you that. I've seen many liberals recently saying "there are not always two sides of a story, so both sides don't need to be told. One side often isn't deserving of the exposure." Of course, THEY are the ones who get to make that critical decision.

I know, it sounds a little crazy, but I've heard that one multiple times.

Last edited:
The Rightwing has gone back to pointing fingers...pollsters, media....next will be the BLS. Watch.

People like you are the casualties of mind numbing bias and you don't even know it.

People like you only complain when the news is contrary to their prejudiced thought processes.

That's not true. But your post, the one I responded to, does prove that you have no problem with bias... You're a mindless drone. You are among the brain dead and are clueless about it.

Forum List

Back