The End

xotoxi

Platinum Member
Mar 1, 2009
Yuurmaam
Nearly every morning when I'm headed off to work, and I give my boys and wife a kiss, I wonder if it will be the last time that I see them...or that they see me.

That's why it is important to always leave on a good note.

Nearly every morning when I'm headed off to work, and I give my boys and wife a kiss, I wonder if it will be the last time that I see them...or that they see me.

no offense X Man, but it's your ritual. Why is it so important to you ?

I agree. Whenever one of my kids is heading out, I always say, "Have a good time, be careful, and I love you!" Even when angry at something. I don't like any of them leaving with door slamming or whatever, you just never know.

hmmm i dont like to live in fear...but i do...say i love you.....when someone is leaving....my hubby or son...or mother....you are too young xox to live with that kinda fear...dont take life for granted nor let fear rob you of life....i understand what you are saying about leaving on a good note...but do it out of love not fear

hmmm i dont like to live in fear...but i do...say i love you.....when someone is leaving....my hubby or son...or mother....you are too young xox to live with that kinda fear...dont take life for granted nor let fear rob you of life....i understand what you are saying about leaving on a good note...but do it out of love not fear

I don't see it as fear, rather understanding lessons from others that have bemoaned their last words or actions towards a loved one.

Interesting.

Of course if you were of a different mindset, you might want to slap your kids and wife because this might be the last time you get to show them who's the boss, too.

For every ying, there's a yang, amigo.

Actually, I wouldn't consider it fear. It doesn't grip me. I don't feel like I'm going to cry about it.

Basically, I just wonder. I wonder if I will still be able to remember the last smile my son gave me as I closed the door.

But I don't really fear.

Interesting.

Of course if you were of a different mindset, you might want to slap your kids and wife because this might be the last time you get to show them who's the boss, too.

Good point. Maybe I'll start doing that.

Interesting.

You could hedge your bets and slap them AND kiss them.

SLAP! This is just in case you do something bad in the future and I'm not around to punish you for it

KISS! And this is just in case I die before you forgive me for slapping your around for your own good.

Interesting.

You could hedge your bets and slap them AND kiss them.

SLAP! This is just in case you do something bad in the future and I'm not around to punish you for it

KISS! And this is just in case I die before you forgive me for slapping your around for your own good.

Sometimes, you scare me! :scared1: :lol:

your kids are young.....you feel that way now...imagine when they drive...when they do stupid shit..that just breaks part of them...the phone calls from er's....your son is here....he is a minor...we need your permission....all different on this side of the sethoscope...aint it? being a parent is a continuial worry...but you have to set that aside...now...with that said....you can ask cmm...about the days i begin to freak cause my son is climbing...i knew letting him out of that belljar was a bad idea

I do the same thing. I give your wife a kiss every morning around 4:00 a.m. because I don't know if it'll be the last time I see her.

I dunno. I think it's a pretty wise observation. How many "last times" have you looked back on and wished that you'd have taken a few more moments?

I do the same thing. I give your wife a kiss every morning around 4:00 a.m. because I don't know if it'll be the last time I see her.

Come to mention it...my wife has been complaining that a damn housefly has been landing on her cheek every morning around 4am and waking her up.

I'll get you tonight!

Come to mention it...my wife has been complaining that a damn housefly has been landing on her cheek every morning around 4am and waking her up.

I'll get you tonight!

I can see it now:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sV3_LUBGTU]YouTube - Obama Kills Fly: Ninja REMIX![/ame]

Forum List

Back