The End Times are near

Really ?
obama-pepsi.jpg

I go to a Coke machine this morning, put my money in, press the button for Diet Coke, and a fucking Diet Pepsi falls out. God dammit. :mad:

It's a sign of End Times, I tell ya.

Was it all shaken up?

...which makes me think: After an earthquake in California, is the soda which comes out of soda machines all shaken up and spew all about?

I go to a Coke machine this morning, put my money in, press the button for Diet Coke, and a fucking Diet Pepsi falls out. God dammit. :mad:

This used to happen to me ALL the time.

I'd press the Cherry Coke button and a Pepsi would fall out. After this happening 40 or 50 times, I finally figured out to ...

... push the button harder, 'cause that'll get my Cherry Coke out!

Are you insane? You went for a diet coke and could have had a diet Dr. Pepper. You are a heathen.:lol:

You actually deserved getting that diet pepsi.

Granny says, "Dat means the days been shortened - like it says in Matt. 24.22...
:cool:
Japan earthquake accelerated Earth's rotation, study finds
March 14, 2011 - By changing the distribution of mass on the earth, Japan's earthquake sped up the planet's rotation, shortening the day by 1.8 microseconds, a new analysis has found.
The massive earthquake that struck northeast Japan Friday (March 11) has shortened the length Earth's day by a fraction and shifted how the planet's mass is distributed. A new analysis of the 8.9-magnitude earthquake in Japan has found that the intense temblor has accelerated Earth's spin, shortening the length of the 24-hour day by 1.8 microseconds, according to geophysicist Richard Gross at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, Calif.

Gross refined his estimates of the Japan quake's impact – which previously suggested a 1.6-microsecond shortening of the day – based on new data on how much the fault that triggered the earthquake slipped to redistribute the planet's mass. A microsecond is a millionth of a second. "By changing the distribution of the Earth's mass, the Japanese earthquake should have caused the Earth to rotate a bit faster, shortening the length of the day by about 1.8 microseconds," Gross told SPACE.com in an e-mail. More refinements are possible as new information on the earthquake comes to light, he added.

The scenario is similar to that of a figure skater drawing her arms inward during a spin to turn faster on the ice. The closer the mass shift during an earthquake is to the equator, the more it will speed up the spinning Earth. One Earth day is about 24 hours, or 86,400 seconds, long. Over the course of a year, its length varies by about one millisecond, or 1,000 microseconds, due to seasonal variations in the planet's mass distribution such as the seasonal shift of the jet stream.

The initial data suggests Friday's earthquake moved Japan's main island about 8 feet, according to Kenneth Hudnut of the U.S. Geological Survey. The earthquake also shifted Earth's figure axis by about 6 1/2 inches (17 centimeters), Gross added. The Earth's figure axis is not the same as its north-south axis in space, which it spins around once every day at a speed of about 1,000 mph (1,604 kph). The figure axis is the axis around which the Earth's mass is balanced and the north-south axis by about 33 feet (10 meters).

MORE

See also:

Granny says, "In Rev. 20.13 it says 'the sea will give up its dead'...
:eek:
Tide of Death: Japan Struggles to Cope With Wave of Bodies Washing Ashore
Mar 14, 2011 - A tide of bodies washed up along Japan's coastline Monday, overwhelming crematoriums, exhausting supplies of body bags and adding to the spiraling humanitarian, economic and nuclear crisis after the massive earthquake and tsunami.
Millions of people faced a fourth night without water, food or heating in near-freezing temperatures along the northeast coast devastated by Friday's disasters. Meanwhile, a third reactor at a nuclear power plant lost its cooling capacity and its fuel rods were fully exposed, raising fears of a meltdown. The stock market plunged over the likelihood of huge losses by Japanese industries including big names such as Toyota and Honda.

On the coastline of Miyagi prefecture, which took the full force of the tsunami, a Japanese police official said 1,000 bodies were found scattered across the coastline. Kyodo, the Japanese news agency, reported that 2,000 bodies washed up on two shorelines in Miyagi.

In one town in a neighboring prefecture, the crematorium was unable to handle the large number of bodies being brought in for funerals. "We have already begun cremations, but we can only handle 18 bodies a day. We are overwhelmed and are asking other cites to help us deal with bodies. We only have one crematorium in town," Katsuhiko Abe, an official in Soma, told The Associated Press.

While the official death toll rose to nearly 1,900, the discovery of the washed-up bodies and other reports of deaths suggest the true number is much higher. In Miyagi, the police chief has said 10,000 people are estimated to have died in his province alone.

MORE

Last edited:
I miss Si Modo. She would be happy to know that Diet Coke has beaten out Pepsi as the #2 soft drink.

Diet Coke has topped rival Pepsi-Cola for the first time to become the second-most popular soft drink in the U.S. behind Coca-Cola.

It marks a victory for Coca-Cola Co. as its sodas now hold the top two spots, beating out its longtime rival PepsiCo Inc.

Diet Coke’s rise reflects a long-term trend toward diet sodas. Ten years ago, only two of the top 10 were diet sodas. Now, four are on the list: the diet versions of Coke, Pepsi, Mountain Dew and Dr Pepper.

Coca-Cola sold nearly 927 million cases of its diet soda in 2010, to Pepsi’s 892 million, a report by trade publication Beverage Digest released Thursday said.

Regular Coke remains far and away the most popular soda, selling 1.6 billion cases....

TheRecord - Diet Coke unseats Pepsi as No. 2 soft drink in U.S.

Forum List

Back