The end result of the conservative revolution: Our Banana Republic

Firstly, bf.... why do you use other people's opinions and refuse to provide your own? This is an OpEd. That's fine but ordinarily, one would expect an intelligent person to have some opinion about that OpEd piece. Yet again, you provide nothing but the words of others.

Secondly, you have pasted the whole piece. That's a breach of copyright. I am surprised that something so basic as the law regarding copyright is somehow over your intellectual paygrade.

Then call the copyright police, it might relieve your anal retentive pains. Unfortunately it won't change the fact you are a haughty narcissist.

Hey Cali girl, just be thankful for progressives and liberals, without them you'd be out washing clothes to earn your dowry, unable to vote and promised by your father to the 500 lb banker with BO.

OR, you could move to another ultra conservative culture...

woman-with-burka_64.jpg

You may not give a shit whether Gunny gets into shit for breach of copyright, but I do. It's not a complicated law. Don't paste an entire piece - surely, even you can understand that?

The rest of your drivel is dismissed as just that.... drivel. I don't reply to drivel, I wipe it up and put it in the trash.... where it belongs.

Yea, the truth always stick in the craw of right wing females, the most obtuse creeps on the planet...surely

So, Cali girl, what are your favorite female conservative idioms and words? Barefoot & pregnant, a woman's place is in the home, submissive, domesticated, docile, obedient, servile...

Firstly, bf.... why do you use other people's opinions and refuse to provide your own? This is an OpEd. That's fine but ordinarily, one would expect an intelligent person to have some opinion about that OpEd piece. Yet again, you provide nothing but the words of others.

Secondly, you have pasted the whole piece. That's a breach of copyright. I am surprised that something so basic as the law regarding copyright is somehow over your intellectual paygrade.

Then call the copyright police, it might relieve your anal retentive pains. Unfortunately it won't change the fact you are a haughty narcissist.

Hey Cali girl, just be thankful for progressives and liberals, without them you'd be out washing clothes to earn your dowry, unable to vote and promised by your father to the 500 lb banker with BO.

woman-with-burka_64.jpg

You may not give a shit whether Gunny gets into shit for breach of copyright, but I do. It's not a complicated law. Don't paste an entire piece - surely, even you can understand that?

The rest of your drivel is dismissed as just that.... drivel. I don't reply to drivel, I wipe it up and put it in the trash.... where it belongs.

woman-with-burka_64.jpg

Yea, the truth always stick in the craw of right wing females, the most obtuse creeps on the planet...surely

So, Cali girl, what are your favorite female conservative idioms and words? Barefoot & pregnant, a woman's place is in the home, submissive, domesticated, docile, obedient, servile...

do you really believe that?

Most Liberal jerks do. And to post pictures of Islamic women saying that is what Conservatism is all about? The creep OP certainly has zero understanding of Conservatism.

What he posted to portray us is precisely what we are defending against. The OP is a fucking projectionist fear monger that he accuses US of being. And that my friend is the truth of the matter.

woman-with-burka_64.jpg

So, Bfgrn....as a male liberal....which is your favorite to describe you......? :lol:

The article has it all wrong.....we'll become a banana republic because of excessive liberal spending.....and through the erosion of our constitutional rights...

Last edited:

Most Liberal jerks do. And to post pictures of Islamic women saying that is what Conservatism is all about? The creep OP certainly has zero understanding of Conservatism.

What he posted to portray us is precisely what we are defending against. The OP is a fucking projectionist fear monger that he accuses US of being. And that my friend is the truth of the matter.

No, it is SO true, but the conservative mind is so entrenched in dogma, fear and their need to worship the hierarchy and create an enemy (liberals) that they can't see anything for what it really is.

------------------------------------------------------------

October 16, 2001

What's truly ironic about this whole war is that the conservatives in our country do not seem to realize that the Taliban is simply an extreme version of the same primal impulse that drives them.

In every population there is a distribution of conservative to progressive, aggressive to peaceful, etc. It stands to reason that it is expected that you will have both types of personality in your population. Similarly, I believe a stable distribution of political sensibility is probably one with both progressive and conservative elements.

Of course, it's funny how the same personality type seems to latch on to radically different ideas depending on the society. "Conservatives" here profess a belief in capitalism and extol the virtues of the good old days of the 1950's, a half century ago; "conservatives" in Russia pine for the bygone days of the stability of the old Soviet empire. I believe that the propensity in conservatives is not towards ideologies per se, but rather towards status quo versus change. I'd bet you'd find much more psychologically (and perhaps genetically?) similar between conservatives here and in Russia, despite the fact that they profess supposedly opposite nostalgias.

But of course a typical conservative doesn't look at the conservatism of their enemy and learn to moderate themselves; they see the enemy as an "other", as confirmation of their own rigid views, despite the evident similarity between the two stances.
M. Hadeishi

Insurgency

Friday, February 6, 2009

Texas Republican Congressman Pete Sessions compares GOP strategy to Taliban insurgency

Pete_Sessions.jpg

"Insurgency, we understand perhaps a little bit more because of the Taliban, and that is that they went about systematically understanding how to disrupt and change a person's entire processes. And these Taliban -- I'm not trying to say the Republican Party is the Taliban. No, that's not what we're saying. I'm saying an example of how you go about [sic] is to change a person from their messaging to their operations to their frontline message. And we need to understand that insurgency may be required when the other side, the House leadership, does not follow the same commands, which we entered the game with."

Paragraph from hotlineoncall.nationaljournal.com.

Congressman Pete Sessions Compares House Republicans To Taliban | Capitol Annex

No, it is SO true, but the conservative mind is so entrenched in dogma, fear and their need to worship the hierarchy and create an enemy (liberals) that they can't see anything for what it really is.

October 16, 2001

What's truly ironic about this whole war is that the conservatives in our country do not seem to realize that the Taliban is simply an extreme version of the same primal impulse that drives them.

In every population there is a distribution of conservative to progressive, aggressive to peaceful, etc. It stands to reason that it is expected that you will have both types of personality in your population. Similarly, I believe a stable distribution of political sensibility is probably one with both progressive and conservative elements.

Of course, it's funny how the same personality type seems to latch on to radically different ideas depending on the society. "Conservatives" here profess a belief in capitalism and extol the virtues of the good old days of the 1950's, a half century ago; "conservatives" in Russia pine for the bygone days of the stability of the old Soviet empire. I believe that the propensity in conservatives is not towards ideologies per se, but rather towards status quo versus change. I'd bet you'd find much more psychologically (and perhaps genetically?) similar between conservatives here and in Russia, despite the fact that they profess supposedly opposite nostalgias.

But of course a typical conservative doesn't look at the conservatism of their enemy and learn to moderate themselves; they see the enemy as an "other", as confirmation of their own rigid views, despite the evident similarity between the two stances.
M. Hadeishi

Insurgency

Friday, February 6, 2009

Texas Republican Congressman Pete Sessions compares GOP strategy to Taliban insurgency

Pete_Sessions.jpg

"Insurgency, we understand perhaps a little bit more because of the Taliban, and that is that they went about systematically understanding how to disrupt and change a person's entire processes. And these Taliban -- I'm not trying to say the Republican Party is the Taliban. No, that's not what we're saying. I'm saying an example of how you go about [sic] is to change a person from their messaging to their operations to their frontline message. And we need to understand that insurgency may be required when the other side, the House leadership, does not follow the same commands, which we entered the game with."

Whatever you say Statist.:eusa_whistle: :lol:

October 16, 2001

M. Hadeishi

Insurgency

Friday, February 6, 2009

Pete_Sessions.jpg

Conservatives see less government...

Texas Insider Report: AUSTIN, TEXAS – Washington, DC – U.S. Congressman Pete Sessions (R-TX-32) today released the following statement in response to the Department of Labor’s unemployment report for October:
“The American people sent Washington a strong rejection message this week, and the latest unemployment report underscores their call for Congress to make job creation and smaller government top priorities.

“To create jobs, America’s small businesses and families need less government raiding their pockets and running their decisions – not more.

http://www.texasinsider.org/?p=37053

Last edited:
bfgrn, here is the difference. you judge conservatives based on what non conservatives say and do. conservatives judge liberals based on what liberals themselves say and do.

you don't even understand the definition of these words it seems as conservatism can mean different things in different countries. same with any other politically based descriptive term. in america the modern definition of conservative means a literal interpretation of the constitution and the support of the rule of law. that is it. nothing more, nothing less. if you still disagree with that and continue to cite people who are as baseless as yourself, then you truly are lost.

Last edited:
bfgrn, here is the difference. you judge conservatives based on what non conservatives say and do. conservatives judge liberals based on what liberals themselves say and do.

you don't even understand the definition of these words it seems as conservatism can mean different things in different countries. same with any other politically based descriptive term. in america conservative means a literal interpretation of the constitution and the rule of law. that is it. nothing more, nothing less. if you still disagree with that and continue to cite people who are as baseless as yourself, then you truly are lost.

you don't even understand the definition of these words it seems as conservatism can mean different things in different countries. same with any other politically based descriptive term. in america the modern definition of conservative means a literal interpretation of the constitution and the support of the rule of law. that is it. nothing more, nothing less. if you still disagree with that and continue to cite people who are as baseless as yourself, then you truly are lost.

I know what conservatives used to believe, but they are becoming extinct. I recall great conservatives like Everett Dirksen and Barry Goldwater. But what has permeated the 'conservative' movement and the Republican party today is authoritarianism. And that is not just my observation, it is the observation of many true conservatives.

Invasion of the Party Snatchers

9781402208416-m.gif

By Victor Gold - speechwriter and senior adviser to President George H. W. Bush

After four decades as a Republican insider, Victor Gold reveals how the holy-rollers and the Neo-Cons have destroyed the GOP. Now he's fighting to get his party back.

As a man who served as press aide to Barry Goldwater and speechwriter and senior advisor to George H. W. Bush (in addition to co-authoring his autobiography), Victor Gold is absolutely furious that the Neo-Cons and their strange bedfellows, the Evangelical Right, have stolen his party from him. Now he is bringing the fight to them.

Invasion of the Party Snatchers is a blistering critique not only of the Bush-Cheney administration but also of the Republican Congress. Gold is ready to tell all about the war being waged for the soul of the GOP, including the elder Bush's opinion of his sons work domestically and abroad, the significance of the newly elected Congress, and how Goldwater would have reacted to it all. Gold reveals, among other explosive disclosures, how George W. has been manipulated by his vice president and secretary of defense to become, in Lenin's famous phrase, a "useful idiot" for Neo-Conservative warmongers and Theo-Conservative religious fanatics.

Although there have been other books by dissident Republicans attacking the Bush-Cheney administrations betrayal of conservative principles, none have been by an insider whose political credentials include inner-circle status with Barry Goldwater and George H. W. Bush.

Review:
"Make no mistake: author Gold, a former speechwriter for George H.W. Bush and aide to Barry Goldwater, is one disgusted Republican. The GOP of the 2006 midterm election, he writes, is 'a party of pork-barrel ear-markers like Dennis Hastert, of political hatchet men like Karl Rove, and of Bible-thumping hypocrites like Tom Delay.' Gold looks to Goldwater, 'a straight-talking, freethinking maverick,' as the yardstick by which to measure just how far the party of Lincoln has fallen.

He traces the beginning of the end to the 1980 Republican National Convention and the presence of 'a militant new element...personified by Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell.' The other half of the equation, the neoconservatives, are embodied by Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld, 'two cuts from the same Machiavellian cloth.' In efficient prose, Gold scrutinizes a significant swath of recent GOP history, in particular Newt Gingrich's 104th Congress and the Bush II White House, without losing momentum.

He also has choice words for 'the Coulterization of Republican rhetoric,' the revolving door between Capitol Hill and K Street, and 'sideshow' legislation like the Flag Protection Amendment. Gold sees a promising future for the Republican Party, but not until they lose some major elections and are able to keep down a slice of humble pie; for those disillusioned with the state of the GOP, this quick, uncompromising polemic provides substantial support, along with a large dose of cold comfort." Publishers Weekly (Starred Review) (Copyright Reed Business Information, Inc.)

Synopsis:
The last real Goldwater conservative in America attacks the current state of his movement and his party.
Powell's Books - Invasion of the Party Snatchers: How the Holy-Rollers and Neo-Cons Destroyed the GOP by Victor Gold

profile_pic2.jpg

Victor Gold grew up in New Orleans, Louisiana, where he attended the public schools, and Tulane University. After working as a reporter-correspondent for the BIRMINGHAM (Alabama) NEWS, he earned his law degree (J.D.) from the University of Alabama. He served in the U.S. Army during the Korean War, 1950-52.

In 1958 he moved to Washington, D.C., and joined the public relations firm of Selvage & Lee. Six years later he became Deputy Press Secretary to Senator Barry Goldwater during the 1964 presidential campaign.

In 1965 Gold opened his own political public relations firm in Washington, listing among his clients then-Republican House leader Gerald Ford and Senator Bob Dole. At the Republican conventions of 1968 and 1976 he worked with press secretary Lyn Nofziger on behalf of the presidential candidacy of then-California Governor Ronald Reagan. During the Nixon administration he served as press secretary to Vice President Spiro T. Agnew until January, 1973.

In 1980 Gold joined the staff of Republican presidential candidate George H. W. Bush as a speechwriter and senior advisor, a position he held during the Reagan-Bush campaigns of '80 and '84. He served on the Bush vice-presidential staff in 1981, and as a Bush advisor in the campaigns of 1988 and 1992. In 1992 he received the Distinguished Achievement Award for Political Communication from his alma mater, the University of Alabama.

In 1989 Gold served as a member of President Bush's election-oversight delegation to the first free Romanian elections.

A frequent speaker on the national political and campus circuits, Gold has also appeared on numerous network television shows. His articles, covering politics and sports, have appeared in NEWSWEEK, HARPER'S, ATLANTIC MONTHLY, PLAYBOY, CONNOISSEUR, READERS' DIGEST, NATIONAL REVIEW, THE WEEKLY STANDARD, NEW REPUBLIC, THE NEW YORK TIMES, THE LOS ANGELES TIMES, and THE WASHINGTON POST.

"Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the Republican party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them."
Barry Goldwater

I know what conservatives used to believe, but they are becoming extinct. I recall great conservatives like Everett Dirksen and Barry Goldwater. But what has permeated the 'conservative' movement and the Republican party today is authoritarianism. And that is not just my observation, it is the observation of many true conservatives.

Invasion of the Party Snatchers

9781402208416-m.gif

By Victor Gold - speechwriter and senior adviser to President George H. W. Bush

After four decades as a Republican insider, Victor Gold reveals how the holy-rollers and the Neo-Cons have destroyed the GOP. Now he's fighting to get his party back.

As a man who served as press aide to Barry Goldwater and speechwriter and senior advisor to George H. W. Bush (in addition to co-authoring his autobiography), Victor Gold is absolutely furious that the Neo-Cons and their strange bedfellows, the Evangelical Right, have stolen his party from him. Now he is bringing the fight to them.

Invasion of the Party Snatchers is a blistering critique not only of the Bush-Cheney administration but also of the Republican Congress. Gold is ready to tell all about the war being waged for the soul of the GOP, including the elder Bush's opinion of his sons work domestically and abroad, the significance of the newly elected Congress, and how Goldwater would have reacted to it all. Gold reveals, among other explosive disclosures, how George W. has been manipulated by his vice president and secretary of defense to become, in Lenin's famous phrase, a "useful idiot" for Neo-Conservative warmongers and Theo-Conservative religious fanatics.

Although there have been other books by dissident Republicans attacking the Bush-Cheney administrations betrayal of conservative principles, none have been by an insider whose political credentials include inner-circle status with Barry Goldwater and George H. W. Bush.

Review:
"Make no mistake: author Gold, a former speechwriter for George H.W. Bush and aide to Barry Goldwater, is one disgusted Republican. The GOP of the 2006 midterm election, he writes, is 'a party of pork-barrel ear-markers like Dennis Hastert, of political hatchet men like Karl Rove, and of Bible-thumping hypocrites like Tom Delay.' Gold looks to Goldwater, 'a straight-talking, freethinking maverick,' as the yardstick by which to measure just how far the party of Lincoln has fallen.

He traces the beginning of the end to the 1980 Republican National Convention and the presence of 'a militant new element...personified by Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell.' The other half of the equation, the neoconservatives, are embodied by Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld, 'two cuts from the same Machiavellian cloth.' In efficient prose, Gold scrutinizes a significant swath of recent GOP history, in particular Newt Gingrich's 104th Congress and the Bush II White House, without losing momentum.

He also has choice words for 'the Coulterization of Republican rhetoric,' the revolving door between Capitol Hill and K Street, and 'sideshow' legislation like the Flag Protection Amendment. Gold sees a promising future for the Republican Party, but not until they lose some major elections and are able to keep down a slice of humble pie; for those disillusioned with the state of the GOP, this quick, uncompromising polemic provides substantial support, along with a large dose of cold comfort." Publishers Weekly (Starred Review) (Copyright Reed Business Information, Inc.)

Synopsis:
The last real Goldwater conservative in America attacks the current state of his movement and his party.
Powell's Books - Invasion of the Party Snatchers: How the Holy-Rollers and Neo-Cons Destroyed the GOP by Victor Gold

profile_pic2.jpg

Victor Gold grew up in New Orleans, Louisiana, where he attended the public schools, and Tulane University. After working as a reporter-correspondent for the BIRMINGHAM (Alabama) NEWS, he earned his law degree (J.D.) from the University of Alabama. He served in the U.S. Army during the Korean War, 1950-52.

In 1958 he moved to Washington, D.C., and joined the public relations firm of Selvage & Lee. Six years later he became Deputy Press Secretary to Senator Barry Goldwater during the 1964 presidential campaign.

In 1965 Gold opened his own political public relations firm in Washington, listing among his clients then-Republican House leader Gerald Ford and Senator Bob Dole. At the Republican conventions of 1968 and 1976 he worked with press secretary Lyn Nofziger on behalf of the presidential candidacy of then-California Governor Ronald Reagan. During the Nixon administration he served as press secretary to Vice President Spiro T. Agnew until January, 1973.

In 1980 Gold joined the staff of Republican presidential candidate George H. W. Bush as a speechwriter and senior advisor, a position he held during the Reagan-Bush campaigns of '80 and '84. He served on the Bush vice-presidential staff in 1981, and as a Bush advisor in the campaigns of 1988 and 1992. In 1992 he received the Distinguished Achievement Award for Political Communication from his alma mater, the University of Alabama.

In 1989 Gold served as a member of President Bush's election-oversight delegation to the first free Romanian elections.

A frequent speaker on the national political and campus circuits, Gold has also appeared on numerous network television shows. His articles, covering politics and sports, have appeared in NEWSWEEK, HARPER'S, ATLANTIC MONTHLY, PLAYBOY, CONNOISSEUR, READERS' DIGEST, NATIONAL REVIEW, THE WEEKLY STANDARD, NEW REPUBLIC, THE NEW YORK TIMES, THE LOS ANGELES TIMES, and THE WASHINGTON POST.

"Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the Republican party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them."
Barry Goldwater

There's a new Sheriff in town in regard to the GOP. Wake up and stop living in the past. Republicans are on probation.

Statists as you are merely rejected outright. :eusa_hand:

The Socialists/Progressives have already brought us to our knees. Third World is here folks. But let me know when that "Conservative Revolution" starts because I haven't seen one of those yet. Lets have one first before we declare it a "Banana Republic" failure. Maybe with these recent Election results,we will have a "Conservative Revolution." I guess we'll see?

Yes, the election of the GOP to the House and many state governments means we are headed for Paraguay.
Where do people get this shit? The OP is so absurd refuting it would be like shooting fish in a barrel.
Why do liberals fixate on "income distribution"? What is their solution, other than "redistribution"?

Why does your poor ass care? You don't have any money.

Why is the right "fixated" on "income concentration" for a few people they don't know and will never meet?

Yes, the election of the GOP to the House and many state governments means we are headed for Paraguay.
Where do people get this shit? The OP is so absurd refuting it would be like shooting fish in a barrel.
Why do liberals fixate on "income distribution"? What is their solution, other than "redistribution"?

Why does your poor ass care? You don't have any money.

Why is the right "fixated" on "income concentration" for a few people they don't know and will never meet?

Better yet? Why does Government?:eusa_hand:

All wealth belongs to the people that create it. Overcome this hurdle deany-baby? And you'll be well on your way to understanding.

No one should feel they have the right to confiscate anyone's income. The Socialists/Progressives are simply misguided and wrong. You don't have the right to steal from fellow Citizens just because you're a miserable loser. Their whole philosophy is just so warped. I think more & more people are catching onto the Socialist/Progressive lunacy though. Their days are numbered.

No one should feel they have the right to confiscate anyone's income. The Socialists/Progressives are simply misguided and wrong. You don't have the right to steal from fellow Citizens just because you're a miserable loser. Their whole philosophy is just so warped. I think more & more people are catching onto the Socialist/Progressive lunacy though. Their days are numbered.

Precisely. The Founders dared not to tax income directly. They rather taxed Commerce to pay for government functions that were Constitutionally mandated.

So why not promote Commerce? It was in the best interest of the citizens and Government. Somewhere along the line? Certain elements got greedy for money and Control.

This is the fight the people face against their own Government in the name of Real Liberty.

Forum List

Back