The end of white christian America

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
A very good read , helps explain their anger and resentment and fear about becoming the new minority, no longer writing and controlling the narrative

America is no longer a majority white Christian nation. In The End of White Christian America, PRRI CEO Robert P. Jones explains how this seismic change has profoundly altered the politics and social values of the U.S.

Trump’s success with such voters caught many by surprise. How could this Manhattan libertine outperform Ted Cruz, the preacher’s son with a command of biblical verse and brimstone oratory — and in the South, of all places?

Today, although they still retain considerable power in the South and within the Republican Party, white Christians lack their former political and social clout. Looking ahead, Jones forecasts the ways that white Christians might adjust to their new reality – and the consequences for the country if they don’t.

Today, white evangelicals are not only experiencing the shrinking of their own ranks, but they are also confronting larger, genuinely new demographic and cultural realities. When Barack Obama was elected president in 2008, white Christians (Catholics and Protestants) constituted a majority (54 percent) of the country; today, that number has slipped to 45 percent. Over this same period, support for gay marriage — a key issue for evangelicals — moved from only four in 10 to solid majority territory, and the Supreme Court cleared the way for gay and lesbian couples to marry in all 50 states. The Supreme Court itself symbolized these changes, losing its last remaining Protestant justice, John Paul Stevens, in 2010.

The End of White Christian America - PRRI

A very good read , helps explain their anger and resentment and fear about becoming the new minority, no longer writing and controlling the narrative

America is no longer a majority white Christian nation. In The End of White Christian America, PRRI CEO Robert P. Jones explains how this seismic change has profoundly altered the politics and social values of the U.S.

Trump’s success with such voters caught many by surprise. How could this Manhattan libertine outperform Ted Cruz, the preacher’s son with a command of biblical verse and brimstone oratory — and in the South, of all places?

Today, although they still retain considerable power in the South and within the Republican Party, white Christians lack their former political and social clout. Looking ahead, Jones forecasts the ways that white Christians might adjust to their new reality – and the consequences for the country if they don’t.

Today, white evangelicals are not only experiencing the shrinking of their own ranks, but they are also confronting larger, genuinely new demographic and cultural realities. When Barack Obama was elected president in 2008, white Christians (Catholics and Protestants) constituted a majority (54 percent) of the country; today, that number has slipped to 45 percent. Over this same period, support for gay marriage — a key issue for evangelicals — moved from only four in 10 to solid majority territory, and the Supreme Court cleared the way for gay and lesbian couples to marry in all 50 states. The Supreme Court itself symbolized these changes, losing its last remaining Protestant justice, John Paul Stevens, in 2010.

A provocative title that does't really mean what it says it does. The book, and linked article below, by Robert Jones is both interesting and points out a fact. What people read into that can vary. Obviously dogmatic religions are dwindling among citizens of industrialized countries, but that doesn't mean they are becoming atheists or even agnostics. It simply points out how dogmatic religions, which tend to be very archaic, no longer attract modern people. Pope Francis is addressing this problem very well and I think most Protestant denominations are/will do the same.

The Eclipse of White Christian America
America-religious-chart.png

An interview of Jones from National Council of Churches: “The End of White Christian America” with Robert P. Jones (podcast) |
As a serious researcher who grew up in the South, Jones has a reputation for always speaking the truth, even when it’s uncomfortable, and having the data to back up his assertions. This interview was one of the most stimulating and thought-provoking conversations I’ve had yet in this podcast.

Obviously dogmatic religions are dwindling among citizens of industrialized countries, but that doesn't mean they are becoming atheists or even agnostics. It simply points out how dogmatic religions, which tend to be very archaic, no longer attract modern people. Pope Francis is addressing this problem very well and I think most Protestant denominations are/will do the same.

Not fast enough, these types of belief systems, especially the big 3 male dominator god religions emanating from the middle east, have caused enough damage to humanity and the planet.

guno we get it....the white race is doomed....you are not convincing white people here to commit suicide....come up with a new topic like....."when the brown race becomes the majority,along with that comes their brand of bigotry"....

It's the end of America then. Blacks are simply too lazy and too stupid to take care of themselves mush less take care of a nation.

• Banned

It's the end of America then. Blacks are simply too lazy and too stupid to take care of themselves mush less take care of a nation.
Really? my kids an grandkids are educated and professionals , run circles around your lazy albino cross groveling ass

Really? my kids an grandkids are educated and professionals , run circles around your lazy albino cross groveling ass
Too racists trying to out-racist each other.

Anyone wonder why racism continues to be such a problem? Because no one wants to let it go.

Too racists trying to out-racist each other.

Anyone wonder why racism continues to be such a problem? Because no one wants to let it go.

Well, apparently you Blacks are too stupid to be expected to obtain a voter ID card like the rest of us have to.

Uh no. I have a photo ID that I use all the time. I am a Native American. Native Americans are no ignorant like Blacks.
Which has nothing to do with your stupidity, but reveals you to be a fucking racist. Awesome.

I had absolutely nothing to do with judges ruling Blacks too stupid to be able to obtain a photo ID. I see nothing racists here, I see a determination being made by a federal judge who has determined like other judges have also determined that Blacks are backward and sub-human when compaed to any other race.

I had absolutely nothing to do with judges ruling Blacks too stupid to be able to obtain a photo ID. I see nothing racists here, I see a determination being made by a federal judge who has determined like other judges have also determined that Blacks are backward and sub-human when compaed to any other race.
Racists rarely see, much less admit to, their own racism, but your posts are clearly racist against black Americans.

Racists rarely see, much less admit to, their own racism, but your posts are clearly racist against black Americans.

Are all your Liberal judges racists like me?

Forum List

Back