The End of The World Is Coming! Or Is It?

Is The End of the World Coming?

• No. Don't be a lunatic.

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • It seems like there are a number of good reasons why the end of the world could be soon.

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Yes, the Rapture is nigh! The Apocalpse is coming. Jesus is coming to take his children home.

• Yes, haven't you seen the History Channel's series, 2012?

• Yes, haven't you seen the ABC series, 2100?

• Yes, we're going kill the planet with out Hummers and Wal-Marts.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Nuclear Option is still just that: an option.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Monotheists are going to kill eachother off, and I hope it happens soon.

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Coloradomtnman

Rational and proud of it.
Oct 1, 2008
Denver
Since the dawn of recorded history there have been claims of a coming apocalypse, doomsday, whatever you want to call it - the End of the World. From religious prophecy to scientific pessimism to street-corner, sign-holding crazies and religious zealots, many people seem to think the end is near.

Personally, I couldn' say for sure. There does seem to be some cause for consideration: like near-miss asteroids or comets, rising ocean acidity, North Korea's recent nuclear weapons testing, rising tensions between East and Western civilizations (not that there's anything new about that), rising tensions between Christian, Muslim, and Jewish faiths (same), over-population, Yellowstone's past-due super volcano eruption, etc... 2012 is just around the corner... Will that really be the end of the world, or would that just be the end of modern civilization as we know it? Seems to me we could use another world war to kick start the world economy, open up job opportunities, and maybe kill of a bunch of people for some "breathing room"! Or would it just be the end of humankind, but the new adapation and proliferation of plant and animal species now that the most successful organism (other than viruses and bacteria) will have disappeared?

Do you think the end of the world is nigh? Will we cause it ourselves? Will it be a cosmic collision or nuclear war? Or will it be as John prophesied in the Bible? Is the Rapture coming?

What do you think?

sweetie there is no rapture..that is an concept that comes about in the late 1800's...its not mentioned in the bible...the 12 disciples believed jesus would return in their life times...

in the bible...it says..not even the angels in heaven will know....

now if you really believe the world is gonna end run out and max out them credit cards right now

oo the end of the mayan calendar...i had forotten that..perhaps they just got bored with it?

what does edgar cayce say that a pole shift would occurr in 2001, oopsie....i think everything is stil in its place...

i still think we should take article 15's credit cards and max them out....he looks like he would have good credit....i dont think del would have a bunch of credit cards....and crimson would just sue us for the money and his fee...

yea lets go with article...he works nigh shift....lawyers never really have any money.....

we can shop till we drop and of course article is too much a gentleman to expect anything in return...

(even if he does...it aint gonna be from me lol...i think he would prefer your age over mine)

The world will not end...It will change.

How do you mean?
When severe droughts hit the world changes. When the floods overcome areas the world changes. When earth quakes shake the very ground you walk on the world changes. When you see the sky's lit with fire people will cry out the world is ending yet it will be changing. When people change the world changes.

Every year, there are always some insane crack pots claiming it's the "end of the world" ... yet every year I am always disappointed to still be alive the next one.

Every year, there are always some insane crack pots claiming it's the "end of the world" ... yet every year I am always disappointed to still be alive the next one.

There's still hope for you that robots will take over the world KK!

okay that is it...you are not running that bullshit line about being disappointed to still be alive by me...without being called on it...stop the fucking pity party...it has been going on too damned long...guess what....people had hard times....you broke down...you were homeless..what is important here...had, were, etc.

you are too important to a lot of people on this board who really like to see y our stupid cat pics and then the lastest you tube....you are one very talented person...stop letting the demons of the past rule you...

if i sound harsh i dont give a damn...cause this wanting to die is all bullshit....you do not want to die...you do not want to be unloved....it may be odd but kitten we care about you...
when you say that shit...it hurts us...it makes us feel like you dont know how much you are cared for...we feel your hurt....its a big void..but there are a lot of big hearts on this board...embrace us caring about you...stop fighting it...

okay that is it...you are not running that bullshit line about being disappointed to still be alive by me...without being called on it...stop the fucking pity party...it has been going on too damned long...guess what....people had hard times....you broke down...you were homeless..what is important here...had, were, etc.

you are too important to a lot of people on this board who really like to see y our stupid cat pics and then the lastest you tube....you are one very talented person...stop letting the demons of the past rule you...

if i sound harsh i dont give a damn...cause this wanting to die is all bullshit....you do not want to die...you do not want to be unloved....it may be odd but kitten we care about you...
when you say that shit...it hurts us...it makes us feel like you dont know how much you are cared for...we feel your hurt....its a big void..but there are a lot of big hearts on this board...embrace us caring about you...stop fighting it...

Who said I wanted pity ... and who said it wasn't a joke ...

.. take a chill pill and call me in the morning ... well ... don't really call.

I'm in the same camp as EZ. There is always someone out there telling us on so-and-so date the world is coming to an end. There is always another day after the dates come and go. I'm sure there will be plenty of warnings to lead up to the end times. I'm not seeing it yet, though.

PS. But Obama IS in only his 5th month:lol:

Way I see it, just like we're all one breath closer to death, I figure we're one day closer to the end of the world. Its inevitable. Whether it will happen in our lifetime, we could debate and wonder about that until we're all blue in the friggin face.

I tend to think that the world wont explode for whatever reason, but the world as WE KNOW IT will change.

I'm a huge fan of the economic breakdown/society goes to shit theory, followed by starvation, disease, and death at the hands of other humans. We're all just animals and society as a whole isnt as nice as it used to be.

Thats just IMHO

Since the dawn of recorded history there have been claims of a coming apocalypse, doomsday, whatever you want to call it - the End of the World. From religious prophecy to scientific pessimism to street-corner, sign-holding crazies and religious zealots, many people seem to think the end is near.

Personally, I couldn' say for sure. There does seem to be some cause for consideration: like near-miss asteroids or comets, rising ocean acidity, North Korea's recent nuclear weapons testing, rising tensions between East and Western civilizations (not that there's anything new about that), rising tensions between Christian, Muslim, and Jewish faiths (same), over-population, Yellowstone's past-due super volcano eruption, etc... 2012 is just around the corner... Will that really be the end of the world, or would that just be the end of modern civilization as we know it? Seems to me we could use another world war to kick start the world economy, open up job opportunities, and maybe kill of a bunch of people for some "breathing room"! Or would it just be the end of humankind, but the new adapation and proliferation of plant and animal species now that the most successful organism (other than viruses and bacteria) will have disappeared?

Do you think the end of the world is nigh? Will we cause it ourselves? Will it be a cosmic collision or nuclear war? Or will it be as John prophesied in the Bible? Is the Rapture coming?

What do you think?

There is no end. Things will go on and on regardless of what "we" do. :)

I visited another message board discussing this topic and the people that believe this crap are real loons. When I pointed out the silliness of it, one of the loons actually said "your mind is infected with worldly knowledge" Ooooh! That really hurt.

Forum List

Back