The end of the radical left and the Barryworshipers?

The truth is that a million voters stayed home in Virginia, and the Dems ran a very poor candidate.

Well damn, you finally figured out how OBAMA managed to get elected. Millions of voters stayed home and the Repubs ran a very poor candidate. So much for his freaking mandate.

Except that it was a record turnout for Obama.

The more people that vote, the better it is for the Democrats. That's why Republicans love voter suppression. It's how Bush won in 2000.

tell us more, Monica. Tell us more.

Since Barry got waxed in blue NJ & purple Virginia, is this the end of the unberleft and its radical remake of America?

If only this thread were based in any sort of reality.

Oh you mean New Jersey and Virginia were not won by republicans yesterday? and the only dem celebration wasnt because the republican candidate ENDORSED the democrat?

The truth is that a million voters stayed home in Virginia, and the Dems ran a very poor candidate.

Well damn, you finally figured out how OBAMA managed to get elected. Millions of voters stayed home and the Repubs ran a very poor candidate. So much for his freaking mandate.

The more people that vote, the better it is for the Democrats. That's why Republicans love voter suppression. It's how Bush won in 2000.

Bush won in 2000 because Cousin Al is a fucking idiot. You need to catch up.

Right....And Barry Obungler makes half a dozen trips to New Joysie to campaign for Corzine because of.......??

If Corzine was a popular NJ Governor before Obama became president in January you might have a point. Fact is, New Jersey hated Corzine before they even knew who Obama was.

Was Obama able to change the minds of New Jersey voters on Corzine ? No
Was this a referendum on Obama policies? Hell no

You voted for Corzine, didn't you?

Was that because you support high taxes and corrupt politicians or just because he had a "D" after his name?

If someone was anti-corruption, why would they vote for Christie? Christie has a long history of directing contracts to friends and supporters during his time as a US Attorney.

If Corzine was a popular NJ Governor before Obama became president in January you might have a point. Fact is, New Jersey hated Corzine before they even knew who Obama was.

Was Obama able to change the minds of New Jersey voters on Corzine ? No
Was this a referendum on Obama policies? Hell no

You voted for Corzine, didn't you?

Was that because you support high taxes and corrupt politicians or just because he had a "D" after his name?

If someone was anti-corruption, why would they vote for Christie? Christie has a long history of directing contracts to friends and supporters during his time as a US Attorney.
politicians and corruption go hand in hand. dem or repub

Bush won in 2000 because Cousin Al is a fucking idiot. You need to catch up.

Go easy on him. He rides the short bus.

Since Barry got waxed in blue NJ & purple Virginia, is this the end of the unberleft and its radical remake of America?

Oh you mean New Jersey and Virginia were not won by republicans yesterday? and the only dem celebration wasnt because the republican candidate ENDORSED the democrat?

It's one thing to point out that New Jersey and Virginia were won by the Republicans. It's quite another to make the leap and say those results are based on a rejection of Obama. In Virginia, the makeup of the electorate was one that voted for McCain 51-43 last year, according to the exits.

It's one thing to point out that New Jersey and Virginia were won by the Republicans. It's quite another to make the leap and say those results are based on a rejection of Obama. In Virginia, the makeup of the electorate was one that voted for McCain 51-43 last year, according to the exits.

but obama put a lot of energy into NJ and VA THIS year. and it did nothing. Obama wouldn't win by those margins if the elections were held now.

but obama put a lot of energy into NJ and VA THIS year. and it did nothing. Obama wouldn't win by those margins if the elections were held now.

So? Bush put a lot of energy into those races in 2001 and even with an approval rating above 70%, the Democrats picked up both seats. The reality is races for governor are determined much more by local factors than the national environment.

Truth has that effect on many a liberal....

John McCain got 2 million less votes than Bush did in 2004. Even if he gets those votes he still loses by 7 million in the popular vote.

So? Bush put a lot of energy into those races in 2001 and even with an approval rating above 70%, the Democrats picked up both seats. The reality is races for governor are determined much more by local factors than the national environment.

but it bursts the bubble of obama being special, now doesn't it?

In what sense? I don't think anyone has claimed he has a Midas touch that makes even douchebags like Corzine into sure-fire winners.

The right are the ones that have been pushing that narrative for over a year now.

In what sense? I don't think anyone has claimed he has a Midas touch that makes even douchebags like Corzine into sure-fire winners.

he went to new jersey thinking just being there would make a difference. the voters weren't swayed by him.

The right are the ones that have been pushing that narrative for over a year now.

no, the media has.

he went to new jersey thinking just being there would make a difference. the voters weren't swayed by him.

Since I'm not plugged into the brain of every New Jersey voter, I can't say if the trip had an effect or not. I can say that Corzine had already been unpopular for an extended period. Frankly, the biggest shock was how Christie almost let the win slip away at the 11th hour.

Since I'm not plugged into the brain of every New Jersey voter, I can't say if the trip had an effect or not. I can say that Corzine had already been unpopular for an extended period. Frankly, the biggest shock was how Christie almost let the win slip away at the 11th hour.

they were not swayed to the point of giving the dems the win.

The race tighted considerably ...

Check it:

RealClearPolitics - Election 2009 - New Jersey Governor - Corzine vs. Christie

As you can see Corzine was pretty much effed from the beginning.

they were not swayed to the point of giving the dems the win.

This is true.

Forum List

Back