The End of the Culture War

Great discusssion on NPR. The gist of it is that President Obama wants to take the country toward what unifies us, rather than the politics of individuality.

I'll see if I can find a link to the article.

interesting....what specifically was stated that unifies us.....

we could have been unified for the last eight years. liberals don't play the game that way though now do they? Newp!

• Banned
Great discusssion on NPR. The gist of it is that President Obama wants to take the country toward what unifies us, rather than the politics of individuality.

Issues like the economy, health care, the war in Iraq and international relations have the potential to unify us. They diverge from the war of individualism.

They transcend individual differences and encourage common ground.

I think the first order of business is to not call people that disagree with the president's policies traitors.

Oops, I forgot Bush wasn't in office.

:eusa_whistle:

Issues like the economy, health care, the war in Iraq and international relations have the potential to unify us. They diverge from the war of individualism.

too funny......i don't see those three issues unifying the american public.....but then you only need 51% of the voting public to unify.....most of the american populatin doesn't vote and just goes along with the winner....

• Banned
Ravioli--

There will always be die hard haters that want to keep the game going. President Obama isn't going to give them the time of day, and I don't think we should either.

• Banned
The discussion was fascinating. One of the guests on the show was a man who is a strong Catholic researcher against abortion. After numerous conversations with Obama, he ended up voting for him. He completely gets what Obama is about.

• Banned

too funny......i don't see those three issues unifying the american public.....but then you only need 51% of the voting public to unify.....most of the american populatin doesn't vote and just goes along with the winner....

Actually, if you examine why Obama won the election it does NOT have to do with 'wedge politics'.

I don't see how those 3 issues will end the culture war but I'd be interested in anything that united the country (except maybe another 9/11).

I'll see if I can find a link to the article. Here it is:

The End of the Culture Wars - The Daily Beast

If that's the truth, then Barack Obama needs to wack Nancy Pelosi. She would not let republicans give their ideas on this so-called stimulus bill & completely cut them out. That's not unity. That's not bi-partisan.

Yeah right as if everyone on this board doesn't have at least slightly different ideas on how to fix this economy and how it got broke to begin with.

Jalu when you and the man get through pissing into the wind go take a shower and get real. NPR being a leftist out fit especially in it's usual political views has the same definition of bipartisanship as the left always has "We do things my way". The only difference betqween Obama and every other Democratic president in my life time is that he seems to be willing to throw a feww leftist idiots under the bus time to time. but we shall see. He hasn't been in office 2 weeks yet and he seems beent on stuffing the cabinet with as many small time crooks as he can find. To be sure that is largely because given the modern Democratic party it's either small time crooks or big time crooks but hey maybe that's why he seems intent on nominating a few REpublicans he knows the people he's dealing with...

Ravioli--

There will always be die hard haters that want to keep the game going. President Obama isn't going to give them the time of day, and I don't think we should either.

aaawwww

i just feel like giving everyone a great big hug

$stuey puke.gif

I'll see if I can find a link to the article. Here it is:

The End of the Culture Wars - The Daily Beast

There will NEVER be an end to the culture war. Not in THIS Nation. There are several divides that xist that it does not behoove one or both or more sides to bridge, and someone's political rhetoric sure isn't going to do it.

Figures some unrealistic junk like this would come from NPR.

Ravioli--

The die hard haters are the people currently in charge.

Actually, if you examine why Obama won the election it does NOT have to do with 'wedge politics'.

Yeah which of course is why the first day he passes an executive order to fund abortion in third world countries.

Wedge politics is just a code word for "Issue Im wrong about" and which you cant stand having the people actually vote for.

Forum List

Back