The End of Spanish?

Immigrants today ARE assimilating, linguistically, culturally, and economically just as those before them did.

I see this (and as much as I can, guide and facilitate the process) everyday in every way.

That is the truth. Fears and assumptions by the ignorant and/or fearful do not represent reality.
How come if I go to Sturbridge village everybody is white and everybody is dressed similarly but if I step out today I see people all dressing differently talking differently acting differently Mostly all new foreigners

Immigrants today ARE assimilating, linguistically, culturally, and economically just as those before them did.

I see this (and as much as I can, guide and facilitate the process) everyday in every way.

That is the truth. Fears and assumptions by the ignorant and/or fearful do not represent reality.
How come if I go to Sturbridge village everybody is white and everybody is dressed similarly but if I step out today I see people all dressing differently talking differently acting differently Mostly all new foreigners

Go back to kindergarten and start all over again.

Parece un bote cargado de irlandeses, jitler
View attachment 283673
You are the one that said we had different cultures here.. I see assimilated people walking down the street ,, they don’t even know each other.. why are they all similar? Where is the big booty Latina? Where is the Muslims? Where?

There are different languages, peoples, and cultures all through my beautiful country, of course. Always have been, always will be.
Where? I posted pics and videos of the history of America.. can you print them out?

Sorry I only speak the native language... does that trigger you? Lol

You can’t use ANY language properly as far as anyone can tell from your incoherent nonsense.

Yes because of the foreigners I was forced to go to school with , look at any inner city school across America with high volumes of Latinos all are struggling with everything.. pay attention you might learn

Go back to kindergarten and start all over again.
Lol can’t answer a question lol

View attachment 283673
There are different languages, peoples, and cultures all through my beautiful country, of course. Always have been, always will be.
Where? I posted pics and videos of the history of America.. can you print them out?

Sorry I only speak the native language... does that trigger you? Lol

You can’t use ANY language properly as far as anyone can tell from your incoherent nonsense.

Yes because of the foreigners I was forced to go to school with , .....

Don’t blame others for your failure, loser.

It's interesting to observe the process of assimilation across generations as it is unfolding. I have some students in classes for beginners who have only been in the US for a few weeks, and haven't been in a school of any kind for years - if ever. Some of them come from Spanish-speaking countries but cannot read or write in their first language. There are some real challenges to teaching them, but it is rewarding to help students who need help the most. In contrast, the same students just a year later are doing academic work that some posting here would almost certainly fail.

On parent-teacher night you can see the generational process all in one place. Parents will come in, nervous about communicating in English (and often preferring to talk about their children in their first language). Sometimes the student him or herself will act as interpreter if the family uses a language the teacher doesn't speak. In some cases, the whole family will come, and a younger brother or sister who was born here in the US will act as family 'spokesman' as a native speaker of English. A process that unfolds for most families sooner or later over several generations all in one room at the same time. It's fascinating from a linguistic point of view. When a teacher really speaks none of the student's heritage language, ROTC students who are confidently bilingual patrol the school during the parent-teacher hours offering interpretation services. Often, these students just help guide the families around the school to find the rooms for specific classes/teachers. Every parent/guardian, without fail, emphasizes their urgent desire for their children to master English. None have ever expressed a concern about maintaining the culture of their country of origin.

Several nights a week I drive from one (very) urban setting to another and teach classes to adult learners. These are people like the parents of the high school students I teach during the day. They are adults with jobs and families and obligations who devote precious time and energy in learning and improving their English because they know it is as important for them as it is for their children. The waiting list to enter the class is very long.

On weekends, I travel to very different towns, and tutor the children of wealthy recent immigrant families. These students generally do not face the daunting obstacles that the students at my high school do, and they enjoy the benefits of very involved, supportive, loving families. The difference is quite telling.

We discussed this very topic in one of my adult classes last week. They were all highly aware of the three generation phenomena, and shared their experiences with the process in their own families.

Without Borders, Language and Culture there can be no nation. American English is the language of this country, it is being diluted. Anti-American Democrats are blocking a wall that keeps our population from being diluted by illegal aliens. America is it's own culture with assimilated ethnicities that historically contribute to America and DO NOT segregate themselves and try to live like they are in their own country.

[QUOTE="Leo123, post: 23328305, member: 65921]American English ......it is being diluted....[/QUOTE]

No, it is not.

Last edited:
It's interesting to observe the process of assimilation across generations as it is unfolding. I have some students in classes for beginners who have only been in the US for a few weeks, and haven't been in a school of any kind for years - if ever. Some of them come from Spanish-speaking countries but cannot read or write in their first language. There are some real challenges to teaching them, but it is rewarding to help students who need help the most. In contrast, the same students just a year later are doing academic work that some posting here would almost certainly fail.

On parent-teacher night you can see the generational process all in one place. Parents will come in, nervous about communicating in English (and often preferring to talk about their children in their first language). Sometimes the student him or herself will act as interpreter if the family uses a language the teacher doesn't speak. In some cases, the whole family will come, and a younger brother or sister who was born here in the US will act as family 'spokesman' as a native speaker of English. A process that unfolds for most families sooner or later over several generations all in one room at the same time. It's fascinating from a linguistic point of view. When a teacher really speaks none of the student's heritage language, ROTC students who are confidently bilingual patrol the school during the parent-teacher hours offering interpretation services. Often, these students just help guide the families around the school to find the rooms for specific classes/teachers. Every parent/guardian, without fail, emphasizes their urgent desire for their children to master English. None have ever expressed a concern about maintaining the culture of their country of origin.

Several nights a week I drive from one (very) urban setting to another and teach classes to adult learners. These are people like the parents of the high school students I teach during the day. They are adults with jobs and families and obligations who devote precious time and energy in learning and improving their English because they know it is as important for them as it is for their children. The waiting list to enter the class is very long.

On weekends, I travel to very different towns, and tutor the children of wealthy recent immigrant families. These students generally do not face the daunting obstacles that the students at my high school do, and they enjoy the benefits of very involved, supportive, loving families. The difference is quite telling.

If the economies and political systems of most Latin American countries were to stabilize, and immigration from that part of the world consequently fall to a low, steady level, it is possible that the Spanish language - of which some people here seem so afraid - might very well disappear as a first or even second language in the US (for all statistical purposes).

Some people would have to find something else to panic about unnecessarily.

Forum List

Back