The End of my Christianity

I have chosen to end my belief that I am Christian. Good luck to Jesus Christ. Now the trouble I have comes from unseen spiritual/mind powers. I am under attack of some sort. This bothers me. I am also interested in Hinduism and like to joke around that dogs are Hindu. Cats are Moslem and horses are atheists

First off, let me state something really simple............you get farther along looking for similarities than you do looking for differences.

Now, Hinduism, Judaism and Zen (Tao and Buddhist belief), all have one really interesting thing in common........reincarnation.

Christianity has a very diluted form of it, it's called being born again.

Additionally, Christianity is a derivative of Judaism (remember......Yeshua was Jewish), and after Rome sacked Jerusalem the second time, they decided to also take their religion.

There was a problem though.......Rome was mostly a pagan nation and the locals wouldn't buy it. So, what they did was mix in pagan and Christian things (Easter with bunnies and crucifixes, as well as the sunrise service on the solstice), and then, after that, they edited it to look like the OT was pointing to the NT, and the NT was pointing to Revelation, which was all about Christ.

So, they edited the Bible, threw out the parts that didn't make sense, and kept the parts they liked.

In other words, today's Christians are only working from about a half a book.

Never mind the fact that some of the translations from Hebrew to English have missed things. The commandment isn't "thou shalt not kill", it's actually "thou shalt not MURDER", which is much different.

Then, there's also the first verse of Genesis "In the beginning". It's actually "in A beginning", because according to the Torah and the Tanach, there were 974 generations before us (meaning 974 different creations of everything).

I understand why you don't like Christianity and why you're interested in Buddhist, Taoist and Hindu beliefs.

By the way, if you have cable and get God's Learning Channel (theological channel), watch on Thursdays at 11:30 am, "Hidden in the Hebrew" with Uri Harel.

You may enjoy it.

I enjoy your posts.
However, try telling the God Fearing Christians in these parts not to fear.

Thanks Gadawg

In general I prefer the idea of fearing God as meaning "reverence" or "respect."
Not fearing God will punish you, but fearing you could land in the same shoes of your neighbor if you continue to judge instead of understanding the causes so you can avoid them, and recognizing how blessed you are for not being born under those conditions.

But yes, sometimes it does help to "fear" the consequences of not fixing problems so that you are motivated to intervene and prevent further risk or injury. Some fear is healthy.

When I ran into major fear, denial and projection online, on the religion forum at backpage.com, a friend of mine reminded me that "perfect love casts out all fear"
and that fear comes from "lack of faith." So some unfounded fears can be lessened.

Most fears fall into three basic types
* fear of the unknown or distrust (can be overcome by love of truth and wisdom that faith in God represents) this fear distorted by selfishness and separation is represented by Satan
* fear of change or control by authority of others (can be overcome by faith in conscience/justice/reconciliation by universal law that Christ represents) this fear of injustice that fuels division, oppression, unfair competition for political gain, bullying, abuse and corruption is antichrist
* fear of conflict or confrontation (can be overcome by forgiveness in harmony and healing comfort that the Holy Spirit represents) this fear that incites division and war by hateful speech and false teaching is the meaning of the false prophet
So all three negative levels of evil in human nature and the world are overcome by the positive side of human nature represented collectively in the Holy Trinity

If someone has fear because of a guilty conscience about the past and fear God's justice in the future, that can be resolved through forgiveness and healing. Trying to transition from retributive justice (crime and punishment thinking) to restorative justice (restitution and recovery) is like moving from living under the letter of the law in the Old Testament to living by the spirit of the laws in the New Testament. Most Christians are somewhere in that learning curve, and yes some are stuck but it's not permanent. All the stages of grief, healing and recovery have their place and purpose in time, as part of a greater process.

But I think the term "non-Christian" is a bit of a stretch - I would have thought "non-believer" would have a broader reach?

There are some believers who can be nonchristian.
There are both Christian and nonchristian who can be acting in an "unchristian" or unconscionable way.

I use the term nontheist for those who seek out truth without believing in or defining a God in terms of personifications. Believers in God's truth, love, wisdom can still be nontheists and not clash with believers who are theistic.

I have chosen to end my belief that I am Christian. Good luck to Jesus Christ. Now the trouble I have comes from unseen spiritual/mind powers. I am under attack of some sort. This bothers me. I am also interested in Hinduism and like to joke around that dogs are Hindu. Cats are Moslem and horses are atheists

LOLZ. That's so funny.

I guess "nonbelief" is a path way to other religions

May you find what you are looking for, but get your sorry butt out of non-belief as soon as possible!!

The last thing we non-believers in the supernatural need is some one believing he is being attack by disembodied minds and imagined ghosts!!

Voodoo, Be it Christian or Hindu, can't hurt you!!:eek:

1. check out website for Killing the Buddha on nontheist approaches to truth seeking

2. As for voodoo vs. Christian, it is VERY important not to mix these! The positive and negative energies are known to clash and backfire, like a boomerang, so if you wish ill on others or use selfish energy, it brings or continues bad karma or even generational curses.
Most of the ills in the world can be explained by the cycle of bad karma, which Christianity can break through divine forgiveness, while dabbling in witchcraft voodoo or spiritism can attract more manipulative or negative spirits to infect old wounds and destroy relations.

see Christian Healing Ministries for warnings and explanations against mixing Christian healing prayer with any form of spiritism such as voodoo or witchcraft

There is some truth behind Pat Robertson's claims that voodoo and spiritism was connected with the ongoing ill will and division that devastated Haiti even BEFORE the earthquake. This disaster, like Katrina, may end up breaking the cycle by forcing all the corruption to be publicly exposed instead of feeding on itself as voodoo and sorcery does.

There is a difference, and I know many people who have been freed from mental and physical ills and addictions after they sought Christian healing prayer to break the cycle.
see also my friend's prayer hotline posted at http://www.houstonprogressive.org
She has helped many people get freed from demonic voices and oppression, including some pedophile addicts who started calling for help but constantly relapse more than other forms of addiction where people have been completely and permanently healed.

If you prefer the Buddhist approach to past life regression therapy to heal of past karma, Brian Weiss is one doctor/author who uses that approach; Buddhism and Christianity are compatible in spirit, but not voodoo/witchcraft/spiritism which clashes and can kill. See also Scott Peck's book documenting two cases of demonic possession healed through deliverance followed by regular psychotherapy "Glimpses of the Devil". He undertook these two cases, referred by exorcist Malachi Martin, to prove to himself that possession and Satan were delusional nonsense; but instead he was 100% convinced it was real and that the deliverance methods worked to free the patients and restore their free will and ability to undergo successful treatment afterwards that they previously refused to follow.

This stuff is real, future medical and scientific research will prove it as Peck recommends.

I guess "nonbelief" is a path way to other religions

May you find what you are looking for, but get your sorry butt out of non-belief as soon as possible!!

The last thing we non-believers in the supernatural need is some one believing he is being attack by disembodied minds and imagined ghosts!!

Voodoo, Be it Christian or Hindu, can't hurt you!!:eek:

1. check out website for Killing the Buddha on nontheist approaches to truth seeking

2. As for voodoo vs. Christian, it is VERY important not to mix these! The positive and negative energies are known to clash and backfire, like a boomerang, so if you wish ill on others or use selfish energy, it brings or continues bad karma or even generational curses.
Most of the ills in the world can be explained by the cycle of bad karma, which Christianity can break through divine forgiveness, while dabbling in witchcraft voodoo or spiritism can attract more manipulative or negative spirits to infect old wounds and destroy relations.

see Christian Healing Ministries for warnings and explanations against mixing Christian healing prayer with any form of spiritism such as voodoo or witchcraft

There is some truth behind Pat Robertson's claims that voodoo and spiritism was connected with the ongoing ill will and division that devastated Haiti even BEFORE the earthquake. This disaster, like Katrina, may end up breaking the cycle by forcing all the corruption to be publicly exposed instead of feeding on itself as voodoo and sorcery does.

There is a difference, and I know many people who have been freed from mental and physical ills and addictions after they sought Christian healing prayer to break the cycle.
see also my friend's prayer hotline posted at http://www.houstonprogressive.org
She has helped many people get freed from demonic voices and oppression, including some pedophile addicts who started calling for help but constantly relapse more than other forms of addiction where people have been completely and permanently healed.

If you prefer the Buddhist approach to past life regression therapy to heal of past karma, Brian Weiss is one doctor/author who uses that approach; Buddhism and Christianity are compatible in spirit, but not voodoo/witchcraft/spiritism which clashes and can kill. See also Scott Peck's book documenting two cases of demonic possession healed through deliverance followed by regular psychotherapy "Glimpses of the Devil". He undertook these two cases, referred by exorcist Malachi Martin, to prove to himself that possession and Satan were delusional nonsense; but instead he was 100% convinced it was real and that the deliverance methods worked to free the patients and restore their free will and ability to undergo successful treatment afterwards that they previously refused to follow.

This stuff is real, future medical and scientific research will prove it as Peck recommends.

Emily, when did you escape?

☭proletarian☭;2184245 said:
I'm suspicious of newbies who start 'I renounce religion' threads.
Check my new post on Buddhism. Buddhism is my favorite religion.

I would not teach either Buddhism or Christianity without the other.
They are perfect spiritual complements, and check and balance each other.

"Be still, and know that I am God."
Being still is Buddhism, emptying oneself in order that your cup may be filled.
Knowing God is Christianity, or integrating knowledge of the laws in all of life.
Or as two friends shared with me: Christian prayer is talking to God; Buddhist meditation is allowing God to answer; so both are necessary to have an ongoing conversation.

Some things, like breaking free from generational karma or curses, can only be done by Christian healing prayer for divine forgiveness; just knowing these in your mind is not enough, because some conditions come from outside the individual mind or will. So the collective prayers through Christ become necessary to forgive and heal the rest.

The best piece of Zen wisdom I found recently, from the character Stan who advises his dad at the end of the South Park episode "Bloody Mary," is not to excessively "avoid" a certain thing in life (whether renouncing alcoholic addiction or Christianity), or else it controls you even more. The best is to be free to enjoy all things in moderation.

(I personally believe that Jesus Christ/Holy Spirit fulfills the dharma path in Buddhism as well as the Mosaic Laws in Judaism and all other paths, all of which lead to a personal understanding of Jesus Christ or Restorative Justice, which unites all tribes under one spirit of universal truth about life and human spiritual history. Because Buddha prophesied about a future Maitreya Buddha (which aligns with the concept of the return of Christ with the Holy Spirit) that makes Buddha a true prophet and explains why Buddhist teachings align with Christian scripture.)

Last edited:
I don't know where you are going with this. Religion is not done buffet style. You either believe, or you don't. And even believers have doubts.

☭proletarian☭;2184245 said:
I'm suspicious of newbies who start 'I renounce religion' threads.
Check my new post on Buddhism. Buddhism is my favorite religion.

I would not teach either Buddhism or Christianity without the other.
They are perfect spiritual complements, and check and balance each other.

"Be still, and know that I am God."
Being still is Buddhism, emptying oneself in order that your cup may be filled.
Knowing God is Christianity, or integrating knowledge of the laws in all of life.
Or as two friends shared with me: Christian prayer is talking to God; Buddhist meditation is allowing God to answer; so both are necessary to have an ongoing conversation.

Some things, like breaking free from generational karma or curses, can only be done by Christian healing prayer for divine forgiveness; just knowing these in your mind is not enough, because some conditions come from outside the individual mind or will. So the collective prayers through Christ become necessary to forgive and heal the rest.

The best piece of Zen wisdom I found recently, from the character Stan who advises his dad at the end of the South Park episode "Bloody Mary," is not to excessively "avoid" a certain thing in life (whether renouncing alcoholic addiction or Christianity), or else it controls you even more. The best is to be free to enjoy all things in moderation.

(I personally believe that Jesus Christ/Holy Spirit fulfills the dharma path in Buddhism as well as the Mosaic Laws in Judaism and all other paths, all of which lead to a personal understanding of Jesus Christ or Restorative Justice, which unites all tribes under one spirit of universal truth about life and human spiritual history. Because Buddha prophesied about a future Maitreya Buddha (which aligns with the concept of the return of Christ with the Holy Spirit) that makes Buddha a true prophet and explains why Buddhist teachings align with Christian scripture.)

Interesting approach between Buddhism and Christianity. But, it makes sense when you consider that Buddha gained his enlightenment, and then taught others how to do as he did, and then consider Yeshua (Jesus) and His approach with the Apostles. The miracle at the Sea of Galilee wasn't so much that Yeshua was walking on the water, but the fact that He was trying to teach His Apostles how to do so as well.

He also taught others in India.

I was kinda uncomfortable with the deification of man via Buddhism, as the highest level that is attainable is becoming a Buddha yourself. So, because of that, Buddhism wasn't for me, but a related belief system worked well.

It was Tao. Now, the thing that makes Taoism different is because the Tao gives birth to all things, and from the things I understood about it, Tao is another name for God, so I was comfortable with that.

Fast forward 10 years to when I moved to Amarillo and met my friend Lois. Now, she's a person who knows and understands Judaism, and she taught me about it. Imagine my surprise after learning for a bit, but Judaic and Taoist theology and philosophy are VERY similar.

Unfortunately, most Christians are loathe to make a comparison of their religion to any others, as most of them think that there is just 1 way to God.

I've got news for you Christians who think that way........God talks to each of us in our own understanding and language to convey to us individually who He is. Some people ignore that little voice (it's your conscience), and end up telling everyone there is no God.

Others hear a religion speak to them, and they either join or leave their faith based on what they hear.

But.......this is my question........if God is Everything, then don't you think that a small part of Him is in ALL religions?

I liked what His Holiness the Dali Lama said when asked how many religions there should be.

He stated there should be as many religions as there are people, because we all have a different perspective on the world, and therefore, a different understanding of God.

Or, to put it another way, all paths lead to the top of the mountain.

Forum List

Back