The End of Liberalism....

I think it's cute how certain people act like "liberalism" is a relatively new and fleeting concept that can be killed off by "conservatism".

However? Liberalism as known today bears NO resemblence of it's creator here in America...Jefferson, but Modern Day Liberalism reflects that of Marx, Alinsky, and other Leftist Boobs.

Jefferson was no boob, but would be a Conservative in today's parlence.

Again, making my point. Getting it yet?

When Liberals WIN, the new Normal is what used to be the old Liberal.

Besides yourself, who has suggested "cutting social security"?

Are you taking the position that preserving Social Security is now a mainstream conservative point of view?

See? That's the point I just made.

Social Security was a promise made to millions of senior citizens who planned their lives around it. That needs to be preserved.

But it's insolvent.

Oh, I thought Social Security was unconstitutional because the power to create it isn't enumerated in the Constitution.

Are you now conceding that Social Security is Constitutional?

Are you taking the position that preserving Social Security is now a mainstream conservative point of view?

Social Security was a promise made to millions of senior citizens who planned their lives around it. That needs to be preserved.

But it's insolvent.

Oh, I thought Social Security was unconstitutional because the power to create it isn't enumerated in the Constitution.

It needs to be phased out, once those who were promised it and depend on it are gone.

The welfare state is collapsing all around them, and yet the fanatics want a bigger welfare state.
....While "conservatives" merely want the right to lynch Blacks, again.

(Wow....aren't Absolutes fun??!!! :rolleyes: )​

But I figured that we'd keep a few liberals in a zoo, you know, so we could throw peanuts at 'em...

When we are dust and bones "... if we are lucky..."?????

That would be luck to you?

Hey, don't take the OP so seriously!

I suppose you missed my point.

Let me spell it out for you:

We have the luxury of sitting on our asses and arguing politics through an electronic medium in this country, because things aren't, relatively speaking, really that bad.

If we, as a nation, are lucky; we will continue to be in that position for many years to come. Long after you and I are dead.

I didn't miss a point you made, you simply made a mistake in syntax...you do know what syntax is, don't you?

You see, when you arranged the post in this manner:

"...when you and I are dust and bones.

That is, if we are lucky."

then the "we" refers to the "you and I."

And the proof that you were in error, if I needed to provide further proof, is the agreement from Sans-Cerebrum.

Now, see, you've learned something today!

Umm, "we" does not mean "you and I" in that sentence.

If we, as a nation, are lucky; we will continue to be in that position for many years to come. Long after you and I are dead

In wingnut nation "we, as a nation" means "you and I" :cuckoo:

But it's insolvent.

In wingnut world "having a surplus of hundreds of billions a year" means "insolvent" :cuckoo:

Most of today's conservatives would be seen as liberals a hundred years ago, owing to the simple fact of all the battles liberals have won over the history of this country.

Liberal victories became the basis of beliefs, principles, and practices of the mainstream.

You don't see mainstream conservatives today fighting to resegregate the South do you?

Why, because desegregation was a battle that conservatives LOST, and now, that once-liberal position is embraced by almost all of the right, barring a few extremists.

Bottomline, over time, conservatives have become more and more liberal, because liberalism wins again and again and again and again. A decade or two or a few from now, gays in the military won't be opposed by mainstream conservatism. What you think is a liberal position now will be in the mainstream conservatism belief system and will be dead as an issue.

But it's insolvent.

In wingnut world "having a surplus of hundreds of billions a year" means "insolvent" :cuckoo:

The country is $14T in debt. There is no surplus.

Most of today's conservatives would be seen as liberals a hundred years ago, owing to the simple fact of all the battles liberals have won over the history of this country.

Liberal victories became the basis of beliefs, principles, and practices of the mainstream.

You don't see mainstream conservatives today fighting to resegregate the South do you?

Why, because desegregation was a battle that conservatives LOST, and now, that once-liberal position is embraced by almost all of the right, barring a few extremists.

Bottomline, over time, conservatives have become more and more liberal, because liberalism wins again and again and again and again. A decade or two or a few from now, gays in the military won't be opposed by mainstream conservatism. What you think is a liberal position now will be in the mainstream conservatism belief system and will be dead as an issue.

Liberalism is losing. Statism, their god, is collapsing.

You shouldn't believe everything you hear on the radio. It makes you look like a jackass when you repeat it.

You shouldn't believe everything you hear on the radio. It makes you look like a jackass when you repeat it.

There is no more money left for your nonsense anymore.

But it's insolvent.

It needs to be phased out, once those who were promised it and depend on it are gone.

You didn't answer my question. Is Social Security Constitutional or not?

I saw Newt Gingrich on Meet the Press a few weeks back saying that there is no way we should be cutting social security, which stunned me.

So, when a standard bearer of the Right is defending SS as sacrosanct, "the death of liberalism" is greatly exaggerated.

(Though I'm sure some conservatard would call Newt a "RINO.")

Alan Simpson, DIck Durbin, Tom Coburn, Dave Camp, Mike Crapo

Maybe now you'll tell us a nice little story about the US Civil War of the 1970's

Liberalism may be dead.

But there are enough Liberal Undead Zombies in politics throughout the country to continue sucking the life blood out of the economy.

There is no more money left for your nonsense anymore.

I'm a pay as you go fiscal hawk. There's always money for what I want, because I don't want it if the people won't pay for it.

The latter is the Republican/conservative philosophy - the Free Lunch of get now-pay never.

Forum List

Back