The End of Employees

"Never before have big employers tried so hard to hand over chunks of their business to contractors. From Google to Wal-Mart, the strategy prunes costs for firms and job security for millions of workers"

The End of Employees

I have something to put a stop to this BS.

-Base Federal tax for corporations at 30% of revenue.

-Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2018 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

-Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-offs/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees with the Feds refunding city, State, and fees.

-Companies with unlimited employees; employee expenses above the deduction are subsidized at 100% with funds usually give back to the States.

-Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2018 price structure.

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 15 years which will eliminate inflation.

-Recall ALL off-shore investments tax free, and disallow any further off-shore investments.

-Make inversion illegal.

My plan would reduce business costs for employees and taxes to 30%. That's a 15%-30% drop.

My plan would put BILLIONS into the economy daily.

My plan would put the $100 trillion plus currently owned by corporate America back into the economy.

My plan would end all welfare.

My plan would significantly increase social security and pension payments.

My plan would hold prices for 10 years, thus eliminating inflation.

Interesting post. I think actually requiring by law both mandatory healthcare and employment would solve problems. Every US citizen who is within a certain age range that is capable of working must have a job and be working by law. If they can't find a job the government must give them a job to do and the government must pay that employee a living wage. Every employee who doesn't get healthcare must get healthcare from the government by law.

"Never before have big employers tried so hard to hand over chunks of their business to contractors. From Google to Wal-Mart, the strategy prunes costs for firms and job security for millions of workers"

The End of Employees

-Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2018 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

-Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-offs/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees with the Feds refunding city, State, and fees.

-Companies with unlimited employees; employee expenses above the deduction are subsidized at 100% with funds usually give back to the States.

-Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2018 price structure.

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 15 years which will eliminate inflation.

-Recall ALL off-shore investments tax free, and disallow any further off-shore investments.

-Make inversion illegal.

My plan would reduce business costs for employees and taxes to 30%. That's a 15%-30% drop.

My plan would put the $100 trillion plus currently owned by corporate America back into the economy.

Interesting post. I think actually requiring by law both mandatory healthcare and employment would solve problems. Every US citizen who is within a certain age range that is capable of working must have a job and be working by law. If they can't find a job the government must give them a job to do and the government must pay that employee a living wage. Every employee who doesn't get healthcare must get healthcare from the government by law.

So you know going to force us to get a fist up our ass too? Well you liberals have been trying to fuck us over for years ..

Why is using contractors bad? I have been working in the utility construction industry for 20+ years (with a few breaks). That has been the standard for many, many companies. When Comcast or Verizon wants to upgrade their systems, do you think they buy lots of bigger bucket trucks and equipment? Do you think they hire hundreds of new employees for a 2 or 3 year project? No. They call in a contractor who gets paid production. Meaning they get paid for what they build, not for how many hours they worked. When the project is finished, Comcast or Verizon or whomever is not left with lots of employees they can't use and tons of equipment they have to store or auction off. And the contractors move on to other projects in other places.

Walmart can't run it's own distribution center?

They can, but if someone else can do it for a good price, why not just use them? Walmart can focus on selling cheap goods at low prices and another company can focus on providing distribution services to many companies at once. It's a win/win for everyone.

It's a win for the company since they don't have to pay living wages.

No.

In this economy and time in history; if you're not a provider of unique content either through your art, your labor, or your intelligence; you're really at a disadvantage. If I had kids, I'd be teaching them how to be a content provider instead of a content consumer. One can name their price*; one will pay the price.

(*) as long as the market will bear it.

My plan Makes Americans Great Again!
No it doesn't it puts companies that work on low margins out of business

That's why plan is great! It allows "low margin" business to keep their employees.
No it doesn't if you want to base taxes on revenues and not profits

You do understand that I've reduced business tax to net zero. Why is that a bad thing? Aren't businesses people too?

The End of Employees

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Make inversion illegal.

...and that, my friends, is how you turn the USA into Venezuela in under a decade

Making both business and workers prosper makes us Venezuela?

The End of Employees

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Make inversion illegal.

"-Base Federal tax for corporations at 30% of revenue."

What better way to demonstrate the complete fundamental economic ignorance of Progressives.

30% of REVENUE. REVENUE Do you realize that there are virtually no legal businesses that have that kind of a profit margin? That alone would drive every American business to bankruptcy, fire all of their employees and relocate overseas.

Our GDP would plummet to that of SubSaharah Africa in under a year

By increasing employee expense deductions? In my five businesses I'd realize an annual $5M increase in net.

No.

In this economy and time in history; if you're not a provider of unique content either through your art, your labor, or your intelligence; you're really at a disadvantage. If I had kids, I'd be teaching them how to be a content provider instead of a content consumer. One can name their price*; one will pay the price.

(*) as long as the market will bear it.

My plan Makes Americans Great Again!
No it doesn't it puts companies that work on low margins out of business

That's why plan is great! It allows "low margin" business to keep their employees.
No it doesn't if you want to base taxes on revenues and not profits

You do understand that I've reduced business tax to net zero. Why is that a bad thing? Aren't businesses people too?

If you are taxing businesses 30% based on revenues, you have put most businesses out of business.

The End of Employees

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Make inversion illegal.

This might help you. Revenue and profits are not the same thing. Get back to me after you read this

What is the difference between revenue and profit?

I never wrote they were. Under my plan, business profits would increase.

OnePercenter is simply the biggest economic illiterate on the Board and may be more wrong than Krugman.

30% tax on REVENUES, not profits will make everyone prosper....wow

Taxing 30% of revenue...brilliant! Can't pay for which of the following: supplies, employees, utilities...what great choices!!

Why is using contractors bad? I have been working in the utility construction industry for 20+ years (with a few breaks). That has been the standard for many, many companies. When Comcast or Verizon wants to upgrade their systems, do you think they buy lots of bigger bucket trucks and equipment? Do you think they hire hundreds of new employees for a 2 or 3 year project? No. They call in a contractor who gets paid production. Meaning they get paid for what they build, not for how many hours they worked. When the project is finished, Comcast or Verizon or whomever is not left with lots of employees they can't use and tons of equipment they have to store or auction off. And the contractors move on to other projects in other places.

They can, but if someone else can do it for a good price, why not just use them? Walmart can focus on selling cheap goods at low prices and another company can focus on providing distribution services to many companies at once. It's a win/win for everyone.

The trucking company takes care of its employees and Walmart takes care of its employees. The difference is each can focus on what it does best.

The trucking company takes care of its employees and Walmart takes care of its employees. The difference is each can focus on what it does best.

How do you know the Schneider National to share their employees? Typically when a contractor takes over they bring in employees at a less wage with less benefits.

Taxing 30% of revenue...brilliant! Can't pay for which of the following: supplies, employees, utilities...what great choices!!

I'm reducing federal tax employee expenses state and local taxes and fees to 30% of Revenue, what's wrong with that?

How do you know the Schneider National to share their employees? Typically when a contractor takes over they bring in employees at a less wage with less benefits.

Which lowers costs. If the quality good down to far, however, the contractor gets let go.

I work in IT for a trucking company, BTW.

Which lowers costs. If the quality good down to far, however, the contractor gets let go.

F****** employees out of wages that a good thing?

F****** employees out of wages that a good thing?
Are you willing to pay higher prices for everything because truckers demand higher wages? I don't think you've been paying attention, because there's a severe shortage of truck drivers right now, and drivers are raking in really good money.

Why should a company that supplies poor quality goods and service be rewarded with high revenues to pay poor performing employees?

I'm reducing federal tax employee expenses state and local taxes and fees to 30% of Revenue, what's wrong with that?

Here is a financial report of the quarterly profit margins for Exxon. There are profit margins for the last 50 financial quarters. There are only 9 quarters with a profit margin at 10% or greater, with the highest profit margin for a quarter since March of 2006 being 16.94%. The average monthly profit margin is 8.2%.

So you can see, taxing them at 30% of their revenue is insanity. It would turn a very profitable corporation into a bankrupt corporation in no time.

Maybe you still don't understand, since you seemed to not understand when CrusaderFrank asked which of the following could not be paid for, supplies, employees or utilities.

For 2017, Exxon/Mobil had revenues of $237,162,000,000.00
You want to tax them 30% of that. So you would take $71,148,600,000.00 from Exxon/Mobil in taxes.
The problem is, their profit margin for 2017 was 8.93% or $21,178,566,600.00.
So you want to take almost $50 billion more than Exxon/Mobil had as profit. In other words, the question of what could not be paid for was a valid question.

Forum List

Back