The END of Arlen Spector

Big_D

Jul 15, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
You heard it here first. This will be the last year we have this man as a US Senator. He is as liberal as republicans get. There is little chance he will be able to upset conservative challenger Pat Toomey in the primary. Last election the two went up against each other and Spector slipped by. So why is Toomey going to prevail this time around? Simple. First of all he squeaked by with a 51-49 margin. That was with the support of fellow Republican senator Rick Santorum. As oppose to Toomey, Santorum was more a favorite with his party because of his conservative values. However, when Spector refused to return the favor when Santorum ran his ill-fated bid against present senator Bobby Casey, Santorum will be nowhere to be seen in this race. Next, Spector had the support of President George Bush. Throughout the primary, Spector was shown time and time again with the soon to be re-elected president in 2004. Although, one can make the argument that the former president wasn't popular among the entire nation at the time, but he was so among members of his own party. Furthermore, I believe that Toomey will become much more negative than he was in his initial bid. Last time around, Spector ran one negative advertisement about Toomey after the other. This time around, Toomey will show his fellow Pennsylvanians how far to the left this guy is. Now, you remove the Bush and Santorum factors to go along with more of Toomey's experience and he will certainly pull ahead. This will be the final term in Spector's long senate career as he will not make it past the primary. However, if he somehow does prevail then I believe he will have no difficulty defeating whomever the Democrats head up against him-as he did back in '04.

You heard it here first. This will be the last year we have this man as a US Senator. He is as liberal as republicans get. There is little chance he will be able to upset conservative challenger Pat Toomey in the primary. Last election the two went up against each other and Spector slipped by. So why is Toomey going to prevail this time around? Simple. First of all he squeaked by with a 51-49 margin. That was with the support of fellow Republican senator Rick Santorum. As oppose to Toomey, Santorum was more a favorite with his party because of his conservative values. However, when Spector refused to return the favor when Santorum ran his ill-fated bid against present senator Bobby Casey, Santorum will be nowhere to be seen in this race. Next, Spector had the support of President George Bush. Throughout the primary, Spector was shown time and time again with the soon to be re-elected president in 2004. Although, one can make the argument that the former president wasn't popular among the entire nation at the time, but he was so among members of his own party. Furthermore, I believe that Toomey will become much more negative than he was in his initial bid. Last time around, Spector ran one negative advertisement about Toomey after the other. This time around, Toomey will show his fellow Pennsylvanians how far to the left this guy is. Now, you remove the Bush and Santorum factors to go along with more of Toomey's experience and he will certainly pull ahead. This will be the final term in Spector's long senate career as he will not make it past the primary. However, if he somehow does prevail then I believe he will have no difficulty defeating whomever the Democrats head up against him-as he did back in '04.

Amen. He is no Conservative. He is a McCain-type Republican - the kind Democrats love to see run for president.

May he be utterly defeated and dismissed into the oblivion of former political has-beens.

Frailty - thy name is Spector!!!

Unfortunately there is another challenger in this race. In interviews with Peg Luksik she stated Toomey told her in February that he wasn’t running for the Senate. She says it’s up to Toomey to decide whether he wants to risk dividing the GOP’s conservative wing and allowing Specter to win a sixth term.

Arlen Spector is one of the few sane Republicans left.

How weird that one of the good, sane, hard working, moderate republicans is considered something else because he can think on his own. I realize that is typical of 'republican conservative fascist' thinking but still weird. I have always voted for Specter and will continue to do so, good man, rare these days.

Arlen Spector is one of the few sane Republicans left.

And no one agrees with you on that.

NO ONE?! Hmmm, tell it to those folks who have kept him in office for 28 years. Because he's not a rabid conservative idealogue IS the reason he is popular. There are GOP Republicans, like every member of my family has been for decades, and then there are the goofballs who are intent on keeping this nation divided.

If the radical right keeps attacking Spector, they may drive him into the Dems arms.

Can you say Democratic Senatorial Candidate Arlen Spector?

Forum List

Back