The end of al Qaeda?

(CNN) -- When historians in future years grapple with the significance of the overthrow of the Mubarak regime in Egypt 10 days ago, coming as it did in the wake of the "Jasmine" January 14 Revolution in Tunisia, they may judge it not only as a seismic event, shattering and renewing the Arab political order, but also the key watershed moment in confronting the global al Qaeda threat.

The political, economic, and cultural stagnation that al Qaeda fed off for more than two decades has been replaced by the fastest moving change the region has ever witnessed, the most promising of Arab Springs.

The burgeoning democracy movement across the Middle East appears to have caught al Qaeda off guard and threatens to reduce the terrorist group to irrelevance.

Analysis: Why Arab Spring could be al Qaeda's fall - CNN.com

Al Qaeda is just one of MANY very loosely interlinked groups directly spawned by or wholeheartedly adopted the fundamentals and ideology of the Muslim Brotherhood. Their founding statements can easily be found online which are upfront about their goals and their cohorts. These different groups pretty much all have the same global goals while taking their part of their own self-declared war to their particular enemy or part of the world. The members of these groups are like shifting sand -one group dissolves or disappears, the members simply show up in another group and its not uncommon to see members who have served with some terrorist group in Chechen, Afghanistan and Kashmir. Wherever the action heats up tends to draw them to the fight. Al Qaeda has chosen the US as its target with Bin Laden stating that once the US goes down, western Europe will be easy pickings for them. Destroying Al Qaeda would change ABSOLUTELY nothing. The members would disappear into the woodwork again until they reformed under a new name and emerge when they believed they were ready to take us on again. New name, old faces and exact same goals. It is the reason Bush did not declare a war against Al Qaeda. Al Qaeda is just a symptom of the much larger and far more lethal disease -and that disease is active on every continent on the planet. Refusing to see the forest for the trees works extremely well for them and choosing to see these conflicts taking place everywhere on the planet as unrelated, individual conflicts that have nothing to do with us, Al Qaeda, the Muslim Brotherhood or THEIR greater war THEY have repeatedly said is a fight to the death and they have all the time to make sure that death is ours -is playing ostrich who thinks if he refuses to see it, it doesn't exist. A lethal error. You doubt there is a global plan and global support for it among Muslims -just start attending a mosque and pay attention to the "martyrs" and fighters and causes they are urged to pray for. No one is asked for pray on behalf of ANYONE who opposes these Muslim terrorists. And never will -since the Koran tells Muslims they aren't even supposed to think about who to support in any conflict of Muslims against non-Muslims and they have no choice but to always support Muslims. When you are told that the deity you worship will never allow Muslims to be on the "wrong" side in a conflict against non-Muslims, no deep thought is ever required and it gives you free license to commit any and all atrocities and evils your evil little heart can dream up. As long as they insist it was all done in the name of Islam, they feel free to wallow in evil -and try to delude themselves it is "good" and loved by their deity. But God weeps.

I know a lot of Americans are enthusiastic about the demonstrations spreading across the Middle East but I am afraid that enthusiasm is misplaced until it becomes more apparent what will take its place. This is also what happened when Iranians threw out the Shah -and it was very much a pro-freedom, pro-democracy uprising. But the problem is when there is a power vacuum, those who end up with the reins of power will be that group that is most organized, established -and all too often, especially in that part of the world - brutal. And sorry but it is extremists who are most organized and most willing to slaughter their way to power. Just as they did in Iran. At the end of the day we may well be seeing secular dictators being tossed out -in exchange for RABID and IRRATIONAL religious extremists like Ahmadinejad who believe it is their religious duty to bring about end times or die trying. There is no reasoning with such people because they are deluded, evil and mad. Carter was THE worst President in my lifetime with no close second -until Obama. I'm afraid he is well on his way to grabbing that spot for himself -what a horrible time for that man to be in office. He is nothing but a weak, not particularly bright President who is in WAY over head with his total lack of qualifications for the job GLARINGLY obvious as he does nothing more than helplessly wring his hands as he watches events unfold and can only muster a helpless and bewildered response. Pathetic. He's my President too and that is NOT the image of my President and my nation I ever want projected to the world -but especially not now.

(CNN) -- When historians in future years grapple with the significance of the overthrow of the Mubarak regime in Egypt 10 days ago, coming as it did in the wake of the "Jasmine" January 14 Revolution in Tunisia, they may judge it not only as a seismic event, shattering and renewing the Arab political order, but also the key watershed moment in confronting the global al Qaeda threat.

The political, economic, and cultural stagnation that al Qaeda fed off for more than two decades has been replaced by the fastest moving change the region has ever witnessed, the most promising of Arab Springs.

The burgeoning democracy movement across the Middle East appears to have caught al Qaeda off guard and threatens to reduce the terrorist group to irrelevance.

Analysis: Why Arab Spring could be al Qaeda's fall - CNN.com

Not sure where you or your Link are coming up with this Idea, If anything al qeada's stands to gain if you ask me.

Freedom and prosperity are AQ's greatest enemy.

It is the disaffected youth that fuel the movement.

AQ is toast.

AQ is toast.
and you do know they use the young as well
right?
oh wait, i forgot you are totally clueless

With respect to Al Qaeda and the current revolts, only one thing is certain - expect the unexpected!

Who would have thought that "Facelook" would have played a pivotal role in Muslim nations overthrowing long established dictators and in North Africa - of all places?

Although Muslim extremists will certainly try to take advantage, these revolutions appear to the result of the "younger" generation's decision not to accept the unacceptable!

Iran has been under the control of Muslim fundamentalists for over 40 years and there appears to be no indication that the average "man in the street" is risking his/her life to replace a secular dictatorship with a theocratic one.

Last edited:

AQ is toast.
and you do know they use the young as well
right?
oh wait, i forgot you are totally clueless

Chris thinks that young people are too smart to be fooled into supporting evil. He must think that it's impossible for al Qaeda to use emotion and fiery rhetoric to trick them.

History tells a completely different story.

Now you know why communists traditionally erase the elderly, the more experienced in a society, and go after the youth in order to mold them into their image.

With respect to Al Qaeda and the current revolts, only one thing is certain - expect the unexpected!

Who would have thought that "Facelook" would have played a pivotal role in Muslim nations overthrowing long established dictators and in North Africa - of all places?

Although Muslim extremists will certainly try to take advantage, these revolutions appear to the result of the "younger" generation's decision not to accept the unacceptable!

Iran has been under the control of Muslim fundamentalists for over 40 years and there appears to be no indication that the average "man in the street" is risking his/her life to replace a secular dictatorship with a theocratic one.

I keep shaking my head at the ignorance.:lol:

"But this time it's different!"

It's already happened in several countries. The most advertised in Iran in 79'. Iran is the one country least likely to change but these fools think everything is gonna turn out fine.

Yeah, right. This time it'll be different. Meanwhile, if you have a car or a home or eat food from the grocery you're gonna pay more. Much more.

And you can thank Obama and his progressive friends for that.

yeah, they seem to forget it was the "youth of Iran" that brought about the revolution in 1979

Forum List

Back