The end of al Qaeda?

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
(CNN) -- When historians in future years grapple with the significance of the overthrow of the Mubarak regime in Egypt 10 days ago, coming as it did in the wake of the "Jasmine" January 14 Revolution in Tunisia, they may judge it not only as a seismic event, shattering and renewing the Arab political order, but also the key watershed moment in confronting the global al Qaeda threat.

The political, economic, and cultural stagnation that al Qaeda fed off for more than two decades has been replaced by the fastest moving change the region has ever witnessed, the most promising of Arab Springs.

The burgeoning democracy movement across the Middle East appears to have caught al Qaeda off guard and threatens to reduce the terrorist group to irrelevance.

Analysis: Why Arab Spring could be al Qaeda's fall - CNN.com

Actually,the radical Islamists seem to be quite happy with this Mid-East upheaval. They feel they will capitalize quite nicely. And i think they're right to feel this way. Egypt & Tunisia are already beginning to see Thousands of exiled radicals returning in droves. This is the part of the story the International Press isn't telling anyone. I think the radicals are very happy with the way things are going. They will likely benefit the most from this turmoil. I hope things don't go that way but i think they will. So i will have to respectfully disagree with you on your assessment. We will not be seeing the end of Al Qaeda anytime soon. In fact,they may actually be making some significant gains.

Actually,the radical Islamists seem to be quite happy with this Mid-East upheaval. They feel they will capitalize quite nicely. And i think they're right to feel this way. Egypt & Tunisia are already beginning to see Thousands of exiled radicals returning in droves. This is the part of the story the International Press isn't telling anyone. I think the radicals are very happy with the way things are going. They will likely benefit the most from this turmoil. I hope things don't go that way but i think they will. So i will have to respectfully disagree with you on your assessment. We will not be seeing the end of Al Qaeda anytime soon. In fact,they may actually be making some significant gains.

They stand to profit handsomely by the termoil. I mean after all? Obama is now bargaining with the Taliban...

White House shifts Afghanistan strategy towards talks with Taliban

Whoopsy!

:eek:

But nevermind the ROOT organization of the Muslim Brotherhood...right Chrissy?

:lol:

Um..what does that have to do with anything.

Al Qaeda basically morphed from the Muj in Afghanistan. That's where the proof of concept took place.

If anything, the turmoil will strengthen Al Queda.

Maybe..maybe not.

For the most part the people involved in protests are looking for economic equality. Even the most cursory glance at theocratic republics shows that they failed miserably in that capacity.

If anything, the turmoil will strengthen Al Queda.

Maybe..maybe not.

For the most part the people involved in protests are looking for economic equality. Even the most cursory glance at theocratic republics shows that they failed miserably in that capacity.

You don't understand that ultimately, the People will be crushed, do you?

Maybe..maybe not.

You don't understand that ultimately, the People will be crushed, do you?

Which "people"?

ALL that don't tow their line of Sharia LAW...were you born under a rock?

People in this country really can be quite ignorant. One of the 911 Terrorists Mohammad Atta,was a member of the Muslim Brotherhood. Bin Laden's #2 Zawahiri was also a member of the Muslim Brotherhood. They are going to benefit quite nicely from the upheaval in Egypt. So i would hold off on those celebrations. Things could actually get much worse over in the Middle East. The Radicals are poised to make significant gains. The mess in the Middle East could become a much bigger mess at some point. Stay tuned i guess.

They stand to profit handsomely by the termoil. I mean after all? Obama is now bargaining with the Taliban...

Whoopsy!

And?

People in this country really can be quite ignorant. One of the 911 Terrorists Mohammad Atta,was a member of the Muslim Brotherhood. Bin Laden's #2 Zawahiri was also a member of the Muslim Brotherhood. They are going to benefit quite nicely from the upheaval in Egypt. So i would hold off on those celebrations. Things could actually get much worse over in the Middle East. The Radicals are poised to make significant gains. The mess in the Middle East could become a much bigger mess at some point. Stay tuned i guess.

Yep to come on here and crow about the possible demise of that band of idiots is a drop in the bucket. Look no farther than IRAN.

Whoopsy!

And?

Can you read or do you need to be held by the hand as perusual like a typical Statist?

(CNN) -- Osama bin Laden must be sitting in his comfortably appointed hideaway somewhere in northwest Pakistan watching the events in the Middle East unfold with a mixture of glee and despair.

Glee, because overthrowing the dictatorships and monarchies of the Middle East has long been his central goal.

Despair, because none of the Arab revolutions has anything to do with him.

There were no revolutionaries in the streets of Cairo carrying placards with pictures of bin Laden's face, nor are the protesters in Bahrain spouting al Qaeda's venomous critiques of the West. Those calling for the overthrow of Gadhafi are not graduates of bin Laden's training camps.

The Google executives and Facebook revolutionaries who launched the revolt in Egypt represent everything that bin Laden and al Qaeda hate: Secular, liberal and anti-authoritarian, they also include -- gasp -- women.

Al Qaeda the loser in Arab revolutions - CNN.com

Forum List

Back