The End is Coming

Context is key. No mention of the Church being around after Rev 3 - The Church is not mentioned again until Rev 22.

Revelation 12 and 13 disagree with you:

Revelation 12:17, "And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ."

Revelation 13:7, "And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations."

these are tribulation saints friend- ones who got saved by the preaching of the 144,000.

Again I ask you- do you know what the purpose of the trib is? I'll give you a hint- punish unbelievers and bring Israel back to Himself.

Context is key. No mention of the Church being around after Rev 3 - The Church is not mentioned again until Rev 22.

Revelation 12:17, "And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ."

Revelation 13:7, "And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations."

these are tribulation saints friend- ones who got saved by the preaching of the 144,000.

Again I ask you- do you know what the purpose of the trib is? I'll give you a hint- punish unbelievers and bring Israel back to Himself.

Anyone who preaches the Gospel of Christ is "the church." The word Church literally means a congregation of believers. Note in Rev 12:17 that the folks being persecuted by "the dragon" (Satan) have the "testimony of Jesus Christ." They are members of the church just like you and me.

You bring up a great point. If you haven't read my study, you should. It's short but packed full of good information -- biblical information. Please read Matthew 13:38-43. It's true that the wicked will be punished. But more than that, they will be removed from earth, altogether. If you read it closely you will see that the "good seed" or the "wheat" are present during that tribulation and remain in the field. It's the evil "tares" that are raptured (removed) from the field ... not the wheat.

Matthew 13:38-43 isn't talking about the tribulation or rapture.

The Kingdom Parables of Matt. 13 are not specifically about the Church although we can see areas of application to the Church Age. In Matt. 13:36-43 Jesus explained the meaning of the parable of the weeds, also known as the wheat and the tares. Since the focus of this parable is the end of the age, the Lord was speaking of the time just preceding the 2nd Coming, and how earth will be prepared for His return. (According to Rev. 11:15 the kingdoms of the world will become His Kingdom at the time of the 7th Trumpet judgment, at least 3 1/2 years before His actual return.)

His references to things that offend and them that do iniquity cannot include the Church for three reasons. First, because we’ll have been raptured by then, second because we neither offend Him nor do iniquity in His sight, and third because we’ll be in the New Jerusalem where nothing impure can ever enter (Rev. 21:27) and the focus of the parable is Earth.

The Parable Of The Weeds Gracethrufaith

do you know what the purpose of the tribulation is Brother?

I believe that the purpose of all tribulations from the time of Adam to the present is to test the faith of them who believe in God/Christ. Job suffered tribulation and became stronger in character as a result. Christ suffered tribulation. The Apostles suffered tribulation. The early church suffered tribulation. The Russian Christians suffered at the hands of the Bolsheviks. Christians in China, Africa, and the Mideast are suffering tribulation as we speak.

Christ says that the tribulation to come will be like the days of Noah. Noah and his family experienced that tribulation but were saved from it.

the wrath of God is poured out during the tribulation on unbelievers. Believers are the Bride of Christ and Jesus doesn't punish His Bride. We won't be here Brother- we will already be in Heaven clothed and crowned with the elders. Jesus returns WITH his saints (us) to defeat the AC at the end of the seven year tribulation. The rapture's key word/theme is IMMENENCY. It can happen any second. We are told to watch and look up. Believers won't be fooled by the AC. We won't be here. Only unbelievers and the 144,000 witnesses to convert Trib Saints during the trib.

Just by reading the predictions of the bible and the events now taking place in the world. Better take warning

Can't be too far off but likely not as soon as folks might think. The World Government has to be fully in place and the "man of sin" that "son of perdition" must be revealed first.

Obama is working on that "World Goverment" thing

In The Mood that tune for gay Obama

So the end is coming? Or is it just the end of this bullshit thread? :D

Just by reading the predictions of the bible and the events now taking place in the world. Better take warning

Can't be too far off but likely not as soon as folks might think. The World Government has to be fully in place and the "man of sin" that "son of perdition" must be revealed first.
So you're saying that Obama's not it? :D

Of course, while we're waiting to be wiped out let's all argue about illegal immigration, whether gays can get married, or other trivial stuff. Because all that matters so much more than planetary defense against city-killer asteroids and the like. ;)

kind of irrelevant if we don't start protecting our earth-bound environment....

end-timers are funny.

for thousands of years they've walked around with signs saying 'the end is coming''. i figure somewhere on a cave wall is graffiti saying the same thing in cave drawings

1385968881307.png

I thought he already was

Forum List

Back