The end-all be-all USMB Obama Birth Poll

What do you believe?

• Have not done much research, but believe he was born in Hawaii.

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • I have done research, and it points to him being born in Hawaii.

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • I believe he was born in Hawaii, but there are holes in Obama's story.

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • I don't believe he was born in Hawaii, but don't really care, just vote him out in 2012 please.

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • I believe he is not US-born, and all his executive orders should be immediately voided.

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters

VaYank5150

Gold Member
Aug 3, 2009
Virginia
Article II of the Constitution states: "No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States."

Debunking the birther claim – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

How do you all here interpret the part in bold?

Article II of the Constitution states: "No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States."

Exactly as it reads...
At the adoptioon of the constitution, there were many that were citizens but not natural born....but if you were not =natural born AT THAT TIME, you were still eligible.
Anyone NOT naturally born since then is NOT eligible.
It had to do with how many natural borns at the time existed.

This first few American Presidents were not born in the country called the United States of America.

So it was taking into account all the people that were already alive before the Constitution, to be able to become President.

Anyone that showed up in the country the day after, was SOL.

What does that have to do with burfers?

This first few American Presidents were not born in the country called the United States of America.

So it was taking into account all the people that were already alive before the Constitution, to be able to become President.

It is only a part of the whole story that debunks the birther myth. The way I was reading it made it alsmost sound as if NO ONE who wasn't alive at the time of the adoption of the Constitution would be eligible. Hence, why I asked.

It is only a part of the whole story that debunks the birther myth. The way I was reading it made it alsmost sound as if NO ONE who wasn't alive at the time of the adoption of the Constitution would be eligible. Hence, why I asked.

You might want to take a step back.

When you are trying to prove people wrong, don't take the "at all cost" stance. Cuz the logic you just used is very very twisted.

If that "20%" thing still holds true what is truly astounding is that there are 60 million Americans that stupid and gullible...fuck it..they are not "stupid"...they are mentally ill!

Greatest insane asylum in the world probably..greatest country? When one fifth of your population is certifiably nutz how can that be?:eek:

You might want to take a step back.

When you are trying to prove people wrong, don't take the "at all cost" stance. Cuz the logic you just used is very very twisted.

THIS.

Fighting birthers is the same as fighting any other conspiracy theorist, in that you can't win, they will never admit they are wrong (or an idiot), and the best you can do is state your case, and eventually walk away, because thier belief in thier own stupid ideas trumps any logic or reasoning.

Unless you have the ability to withstand waves and waves of teh stupid, stay away from these topics for your own mental health. I tried to participate in truther threads, but the endless stream of "duh" just got to me in the end.

The #1 Book on Amazon Today:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Wheres-Birth-Certificate-Eligible-President/dp/1936488299?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1303384435&sr=1-1]Amazon.com: Where's the Birth Certificate?: The Case that Barack Obama is not Eligible to be President (9781936488292): Corsi Jerome: Books[/ame]

Just because they read it doesnt mean they believe it. I myself have a copy of Mein Kampf, as I read alot of WWI-WWII history, and after a while reading analysis of the source material is not enough, you need to actually read the source material.

Having Mein Kampf doesnt make me a Nazi, although to be honest, I do hide it in my bookshelf to avoid having to explain myself all the damn time.

Just because they read it doesnt mean they believe it. I myself have a copy of Mein Kampf, as I read alot of WWI-WWII history, and after a while reading analysis of the source material is not enough, you need to actually read the source material.

Having Mein Kampf doesnt make me a Nazi, although to be honest, I do hide it in my bookshelf to avoid having to explain myself all the damn time.

We are not seeing this the same way.

Hitler was a HUGE historical figure, and the book he wrote does sell.

This is a conspiracy book, written by yet another kook, 'about' a historical figure AND it's the #1 seller.

If it was something of some intrest, it wouldn't be #1.

There's a whole lot of political cover being laid by Obama and his lackeys over something that is supposedly baseless.

It's funny to watch the contradictions.

I weep for humanity.

We are not seeing this the same way.

Hitler was a HUGE historical figure, and the book he wrote does sell.

This is a conspiracy book, written by yet another kook, 'about' a historical figure AND it's the #1 seller.

If it was something of some intrest, it wouldn't be #1.

You have a very good point there. I correct myself, you're right, we are hosed.

Also from the article..
Interesting..

Health Department spokeswoman Janice Okubo told the Star-Advertiser in July 2009 that vital statistics such as birth announcements were sent to the newspapers by the Health Department, which received the information from the hospital. These announcements were not sent in by the general public, Okubu said.

:eusa_eh:.. I guess the health department was in on the huge conspiracy too?.. They all knew Obama would run for President someday!

Also from the article..
Interesting..

Health Department spokeswoman Janice Okubo told the Star-Advertiser in July 2009 that vital statistics such as birth announcements were sent to the newspapers by the Health Department, which received the information from the hospital. These announcements were not sent in by the general public, Okubu said.

:eusa_eh:.. I guess the health department was in on the huge conspiracy too?.. They all knew Obama would run for President someday!

subversive spies are everywhere, well organized and have time machines.

that's how they are doing it.

What, there's no option for "I believe he was born in Kenya, but support him because I believe in his policies?" I guess the assumption is that only people who already don't support him believe he was born in Kenya.

What, there's no option for "I believe he was born in Kenya, but support him because I believe in his policies?" I guess the assumption is that only people who already don't support him believe he was born in Kenya.

...pretty much.

I believe he was born in Hawaii, but there are holes in Obama's story.
^My vote, but I still think he spent most of life in Kenya, also I don't believe he is a Christian, he is Islam leaning, if his Turkey rubbish and praise of the Islamic world and religion is anything to go by. :cuckoo:

New Topics

Forum List

Back