The Employee Free Choice Act.....

I wouldn't work for a company that shits on their employees, i'm with you there 100%. This is a 2 way street though, when a union give employees too much power, everyone gets lazy, they don't want to do their jobs at a productive level, company loses money and eventually goes under. That's my basic take on this whole thing.

You might have a point there if your scenario were the rule rather than the exception. Often, in cases where employee moral is that low, it’s a matter of the employer working as hard to violate the contract as it is of the employees not doing an honest days work. When your rights are being violated on a regular basis and your bosses are hateful and disrespectful, the worker can only respond in one of two ways.

As a Christian, I believe that it’s still the Christian’s duty to honor his employer and give him what he’s paying for, a hard day’s work. That way, the Christian stands out and his Testimony is much stronger. Unfortunately, even among Christians, workers respond the other way and back away from giving an honest days work.

As I’ve said before, American workers, particularly union workers, are the most productive in the world. When they’re not working hard and producing a quality product, there is usually a good reason and all too often the reason is poor management.

I remember a case where a cordless phone maker in Chicago closed its plant there causing over 4000 workers to lose their jobs. At the time the product return for defects rate was at less than 10%. The company moved the plant to Mexico because it could hire workers for pennies on the dollar compared to its old plant. The return for defects rate skyrocketed to over 50%. In just a few years it closed the plant in Mexico and resumed U.S. manufacturing.
yeah, look at all the companies that outsourced their support depts to Pakistan
you call for help now and you cant even understand the people that need to help you
and god forbid it be a technical issue

It's Pakistan now? I thought it was India.

You might have a point there if your scenario were the rule rather than the exception. Often, in cases where employee moral is that low, it’s a matter of the employer working as hard to violate the contract as it is of the employees not doing an honest days work. When your rights are being violated on a regular basis and your bosses are hateful and disrespectful, the worker can only respond in one of two ways.

As a Christian, I believe that it’s still the Christian’s duty to honor his employer and give him what he’s paying for, a hard day’s work. That way, the Christian stands out and his Testimony is much stronger. Unfortunately, even among Christians, workers respond the other way and back away from giving an honest days work.

As I’ve said before, American workers, particularly union workers, are the most productive in the world. When they’re not working hard and producing a quality product, there is usually a good reason and all too often the reason is poor management.

I remember a case where a cordless phone maker in Chicago closed its plant there causing over 4000 workers to lose their jobs. At the time the product return for defects rate was at less than 10%. The company moved the plant to Mexico because it could hire workers for pennies on the dollar compared to its old plant. The return for defects rate skyrocketed to over 50%. In just a few years it closed the plant in Mexico and resumed U.S. manufacturing.
you call for help now and you cant even understand the people that need to help you

It's Pakistan now? I thought it was India.
both, and now also to the Philipines
i've found that if you keep telling them you cant understand them that eventually they will transfer you to someone that can actually speak english you can understand
;)

I wouldn't work for a company that shits on their employees, i'm with you there 100%. This is a 2 way street though, when a union give employees too much power, everyone gets lazy, they don't want to do their jobs at a productive level, company loses money and eventually goes under. That's my basic take on this whole thing.

racist !!:D

i had to go through hell just to get a remote control for the TV......the guy from India had a real tough accent to follow.....sometimes im sure they put it on real thick purposely....they know what us foreigners think about calling them....

If I can't understand you I hang up. The Cable TV place is a five minute drive from my house. I need something I go get it. And Cox has yet to land me talking to someone who is clearly not a native speaker of English. I don't hear well to begin with slap me with and really strong accent and there just isn't any real reason to continue the conversation.

i had to go through hell just to get a remote control for the TV......the guy from India had a real tough accent to follow.....sometimes im sure they put it on real thick purposely....they know what us foreigners think about calling them....
i have a fairly new laptop from HP
the IR Remote that came with it doesnt do anything
i called their support and told them that the remote is working because i can see the light on it when looking into a digital cam, so i know it had a fresh battery
i also told them that there was no device driver in the laptops device manager for an IR reciever
they insisted they had to replace the remote first
so i agreed
waited for the box to arrive
and they sent me the internal expresscard slot that the remote stores in
i called them back to tell them the mistake and they had no clue what to do
after that i just gave up
i dont need a remote for a laptop anyway
LOL

Forum List

Back