The Empire Strikes Back

Andrew2382

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2008
The New York Yankees have just signed Texiera to an 8 year 180 million dollar contract. In addition to signing C.C Sabathia to a 161 million dollar deal and AJ Nurbett to a 89 million dollar deal.

2009 is the year "The Empire Strikes Back" - The Yankees are acting like someone just blew up their Death Star and are going crazy in their efforts to crush the rebellion once and for all!

LETS GO YANKEES

ADMIT IT RED SOX FANS...THIS ONE HURTS!

You're proud of this, huh?

Wouldn't it be a lot more exciting to seem them DEVELOP a world series team, from the bottom up? I mean, you've got about 30 titles. At this point, isn't it getting to be boring doing it like this?

so its the yankees fault that they play by the rules and have the capital to outspend everyone?

Lets not forget the Yankees are not the richest team in baseball...NOT EVEN CLOSE. THey just spend the most

Also we have plenty of grown talent that still plays on the team thanks

Posada
Jeter
Mo
Joba
Cano
Melky
Pettite (will sign again most likely)
Hughes
Austin Jackson will be starting Centerfield in 2010

We have developed a lot from our farm

And no it doesn't get boring...It's great to be a Yankee fan

You're proud of this, huh?

Wouldn't it be a lot more exciting to seem them DEVELOP a world series team, from the bottom up? I mean, you've got about 30 titles. At this point, isn't it getting to be boring doing it like this?

I would think so---watching the Yankees buying the best talent/chemistry mix they can sure bores the hell out of me. Watching them not win the series after all that is sorta fun tho. :lol:

so its the yankees fault that they play by the rules and have the capital to outspend everyone?

Lets not forget the Yankees are not the richest team in baseball...NOT EVEN CLOSE. THey just spend the most

Also we have plenty of grown talent that still plays on the team thanks

Posada
Jeter
Mo
Joba
Cano
Melky
Pettite (will sign again most likely)
Hughes
Austin Jackson will be starting Centerfield in 2010

We have developed a lot from our farm

And no it doesn't get boring...It's great to be a Yankee fan

Jeter and Mo are the only names on that list that I would consider great talent. Maybe Pettite, too. Possibly Posada.

I think the team's problem is motivation.

I'd actually have become a fan if Mattingly had been hired as manager. He was the only active Yankee in my lifetime I ever admired.

Donnie baseball was my rolemodel when I was growing up. #23 all the way.

I think Giradi will be fine

The New York Yankees have just signed Texiera to an 8 year 180 million dollar contract. In addition to signing C.C Sabathia to a 161 million dollar deal and AJ Nurbett to a 89 million dollar deal.

2009 is the year "The Empire Strikes Back" - The Yankees are acting like someone just blew up their Death Star and are going crazy in their efforts to crush the rebellion once and for all!

LETS GO YANKEES

ADMIT IT RED SOX FANS...THIS ONE HURTS!

do you think this will make up for losing four straight in the '04 ALCS after being up 3-zip?

me neither.
:rofl:

do you think this will make up for losing four straight in the '04 ALCS after being up 3-zip?

me neither.
:rofl:

Agreed Del.

Though maybe it will help ease the pain for them for having such Studs like Ian Kennedy and Phil Hughes? :lol:

Red Sox fans laughing because they once got the better of the team that held them down for 8 decades?

Pulease.

You will never get passed 14 1/2 games and Bucky dent, four games won't ever erase that.

Oh and to just add:

$Yankees 1.jpg

$Yankees 2.jpg

$Yankees 3.jpg

lol...I have seen 4 parades in my life time...4 championships and the playoffs every year with the exception of last one since 7th grade.

Please don't compare who has had it better. You gave us one crushing defeat in 04, compared to the crushing blow after blow after blow I have seen the sox suffer from the Yanks

Including this one!

Don't act tough sox fans...you guys let go of Manny with the intention to sign Texiera and you Henry fucked it up...you have noone to protect Ortiz, Vtek is the worst catcher in baseball, Lowe is on bad terms with the sox.

I still have seen more Yankee championships then any red sox and his father combined.

And sorry to break it to ya but the sox have 1 more world series this decade then the yanks do

Decade goes from 2000-2009 and new one starts in 2010

Yanks won in 2000.

When the Red Sox geta dynasty going in your lifetime then you can say something.

Theo choked on this deal...All the real sox and baseball fans know it...

It's ok keep hating on the yanks...as if the sox have a 20 million dollar payroll..Like I said yankees ain't the richest team they just spend the most...blame the owners of the other teams for not caring

lol...I have seen 4 parades in my life time...4 championships and the playoffs every year with the exception of last one since 7th grade.

Please don't compare who has had it better. You gave us one crushing defeat in 04, compared to the crushing blow after blow after blow I have seen the sox suffer from the Yanks

Including this one!

Don't act tough sox fans...you guys let go of Manny with the intention to sign Texiera and you Henry fucked it up...you have noone to protect Ortiz, Vtek is the worst catcher in baseball, Lowe is on bad terms with the sox.

I still have seen more Yankee championships then any red sox and his father combined.

And sorry to break it to ya but the sox have 1 more world series this decade then the yanks do

Decade goes from 2000-2009 and new one starts in 2010

Yanks won in 2000.

When the Red Sox geta dynasty going in your lifetime then you can say something.

Theo choked on this deal...All the real sox and baseball fans know it...

It's ok keep hating on the yanks...as if the sox have a 20 million dollar payroll..Like I said yankees ain't the richest team they just spend the most...blame the owners of the other teams for not caring

<yawn>

yankees will be lucky to finish 3rd in the al east.

ok...

well now I know to dismiss anything you say regarding baseball.

They have the best rotation in baseball

CC
AJ
Wang
Pettite
Hughes

A great bull pen wit

Marte
Veras
Kennedy
Joba
Mo

It's a 7-8 inning game

Guess what
Aj. Burnett KILLS YOUR RED SOX..KILLS THEM, Go look at hi snumbers against the sox...8 games and like a 1.25 era

As bad as the Yanks played last year, the sox were only 6 games up on them...not exactly a huge difference.

Let thwe baseball season begin!

Que Darth Vadar Music

Mo's not what he used to be. I wouldn't be counting on him for anything spectacular.

Mo's not what he used to be. I wouldn't be counting on him for anything spectacular.

WHAT!!!!

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKIGN ABOUT?

The guy is still the most dominant closer in the game....Yeah of course he isn't what he was like 10 years ago...but there isn't another person you would rather have out there.

Name me one closer who is better.

The last six seasons, Mo Rivera has been a lock for pitching in 64 to 74 games and providing 70 to 78 innings pitched. Further, in five of those six seasons, his ERA was under two. While Rivera will be 39 in 2009, he’s showing no signs of slowing down. Once again, he will close games for the Yankees.

And, once again, he should be the rubber-stamp of perfection.

He had a career year last year in 08

a career best 0.67 WHIP, a 1.40 ERA that missed his career best by 0.02 points, 77K against a career low 6BB(!!!) in 70.2IP, not to mention pitching 70+ innings for the 6th straight season and 8th out of 9). Mo finished 5th in Cy Young voting; it's the fifth time he's received votes (fun fact: Mo has appeared on the Cy ballot 5 times and the MVP ballot 8 times).

He almost had more saves then men on base! Thats never been done before, he missed it by 7!

That is fucking insane, noone comes close

But yeah, I guess he is slowing down :cuckoo:

Plus, Andrew forgets that if any team has Mo's # at this point then it's the Red Sox.

Robert, you are a nice knowledgable guy when it comes to Politics but don't talk when you don't know what you are talking about.

What you could say is the Red Sox do the best against MO, but by no chance do they ahve his number....Did they have his number last year when Mo made Manny and Ortiz look stupid throwing 3 fastballs by them to get the final out?

Lets look at the numbers

Games- 5
Wins- 2
Losses- 0
Saves- 3
Innings Pitched- 7.1
Hits- 4
Runs- 1
Homeruns- 0
Walks- 0
K's- 8
ERA- 1.23
WHIP- 0.55.
BA- .148

LMAO YEAH YOU SURE HAD HIS NUMBER....HE ABUSED YOU GUYS LAST YEAR.

Want me to compare him to Papelbum and show him how much of a better pitcher he is...I can do that too

New Topics

Forum List

Back