The Emperor's new clothes

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
I am sure we all remember the story about the emperor that bought invisible clothes, and how everyone was afraid to speak up and admit that they could not see them. Most people think that they would be smarter than that, but something is happening today that makes that story seem like it was written to describe current events.

An emphatic part of the White House messaging about the bombing in Libya is that the operation is truly international in character. But it's quickly becoming clear that the bombing campaign -- at least so far -- is almost entirely an American operation, albeit one that has been packaged to give it an international look. It's a dissonance that brings back memories of George W. Bush's much-mocked "coalition of the willing."

"Despite the White House attempts to make this look like it's a huge coalition effort -- obviously it required coalition political support -- but for now the U.S. military is not only in the lead but conducting almost all military operations, with only minor participation from the French, as you mentioned, even British fighters over night. There's a U.S. commander. And even this morning I talked to senior military officials, when I asked them how soon will the U.S. turn over the command to the coalition -- and the indication is the U.S. military is in no hurry to do that."
Adm. Mike Mullen, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staffs, this morning delivered a very different message than Miklaszewski's reporting suggests. Mullen insisted in a Sunday show interview that while the U.S. is "leading it now, we're looking to hand off that leadership in the next few days." It will be interesting to see if that happens.

The "coalition" has no clothes - War Room - Salon.com

The more I read about Obama, the less difference I see between him and Bush.

ChangeMeter.gif

But no matter what he does........the left will vote for him in 2012.

Obama could initiate an October 2012 Puppy Kicking Contest, and the left would still vote for him.

I am sure we all remember the story about the emperor that bought invisible clothes, and how everyone was afraid to speak up and admit that they could not see them. Most people think that they would be smarter than that, but something is happening today that makes that story seem like it was written to describe current events.

An emphatic part of the White House messaging about the bombing in Libya is that the operation is truly international in character. But it's quickly becoming clear that the bombing campaign -- at least so far -- is almost entirely an American operation, albeit one that has been packaged to give it an international look. It's a dissonance that brings back memories of George W. Bush's much-mocked "coalition of the willing."

"Despite the White House attempts to make this look like it's a huge coalition effort -- obviously it required coalition political support -- but for now the U.S. military is not only in the lead but conducting almost all military operations, with only minor participation from the French, as you mentioned, even British fighters over night. There's a U.S. commander. And even this morning I talked to senior military officials, when I asked them how soon will the U.S. turn over the command to the coalition -- and the indication is the U.S. military is in no hurry to do that."
Adm. Mike Mullen, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staffs, this morning delivered a very different message than Miklaszewski's reporting suggests. Mullen insisted in a Sunday show interview that while the U.S. is "leading it now, we're looking to hand off that leadership in the next few days." It will be interesting to see if that happens.

:clap2: Exactly. I've been saying that since the beginning and have been called all sorts of names and endured numerous neg reps from the nutters.

:clap2: Exactly. I've been saying that since the beginning and have been called all sorts of names and endured numerous neg reps from the nutters.

I agree. Its the same thing all over again. I am rather sick of the "coalitions" that the UN puts together and just lays in all on us. We supply all money, man power and garner ALL f the bad feelings of the world.

Obama could initiate an October 2012 Puppy Kicking Contest, and the left would still vote for him.
I likely will too.... Especially if any of the current front runners in the GOP get the nomination. I want a divided adversarial government, above almost all else.

I agree. Its the same thing all over again. I am rather sick of the "coalitions" that the UN puts together and just lays in all on us. We supply all money, man power and garner ALL f the bad feelings of the world.

This wasn't laid on us. Our administration could have said no or even abstained. Looks more and more to me like we caved for the EU or political image.

This wasn't laid on us. Our administration could have said no or even abstained. Looks more and more to me like we caved for the EU or political image.

What it is, is us getting ourselves into another war. It is the same story over again.

Last edited:

As will Independents, AGAIN. Unless the right/GOP/conservatives can find someone, anyone that is not kissing the ass of the Tea Party/out in space.

Forum List

Back