I see this thread was moved, no problem. But the topic is still relevant. Your thoughts?

only reason that i support Trump is due to what he promises a regards making the USA strong , great and stopping the P.C. stupidity at least in his administration MidCan .

Has he given you a description of what his promises actually mean, or how he would go about delivering them?
------------------------- naw , i mostly go by what i perceive as his American Style and manner plus i like how he is rebuilding the Military and rearranging the courts . Men like the TRUMP were the norm just 50 years ago and i like that Bulldog .

'Why Are White Men Stockpiling Guns?' Simple answer?

As a white male who lives in a city of great diversity, this stuff boggles my mind. Why are white men not the John Wayne image they once were? Change frightens the insecure, but why are they insecure? What changed and Trump plays on that fear and insecurity.

'Research suggests it's largely because they're anxious about their ability to protect their families, insecure about their place in the job market and beset by racial fears'

"These are men who are anxious about their ability to protect their families, insecure about their place in the job market, and beset by racial fears. They tend to be less educated. For the most part, they don’t appear to be religious—and, suggests one study, faith seems to reduce their attachment to guns. In fact, stockpiling guns seems to be a symptom of a much deeper crisis in meaning and purpose in their lives. Taken together, these studies describe a population that is struggling to find a new story—one in which they are once again the heroes."

Why Are White Men Stockpiling Guns?
---------------------------------------------------- men , well some men like to own and shoot guns and its as simple as that . Its good news that they have the RIGHT to own 1 gun or a hundred guns MidC . Same thing happens with motorcyclists or car enthusiasts MidC

OR it coulda been 'kasich' or 'carly' or a number of other unAmerican style and manner of Politician . The only other Acceptable replacement mighta been Ted Cruz but he didn't get nominated Bulldog .

Conservative snowflakes are interesting, a cowardly draft dodger, who lies on a daily basis, leads them and they cheer the most absurd nonsense while the rich and corporations get tax benefits while they outsource their jobs. If you didn't see it you'd think it fantasy.

'Is politics driven by pragmatic self-interest or by identities and ideals? The self-harming voter offers a clue'

How do elites manage to hijack voters’ ideas of themselves? | Aeon Essays

Kim Phillips-Fein: "Invisible Hands" These are the people who manage and control the right wing snowflakes.

I'm glad to see other calling Trump followers snowflakes.

------------------------- there goes the claim of Draft Dodger again . I don't care to argue but Trump had LEGAL and Doctor issued Medical Deferments from what i understand MidC .

OR it coulda been 'kasich' or 'carly' or a number of other unAmerican style and manner of Politician . The only other Acceptable replacement mighta been Ted Cruz but he didn't get nominated Bulldog .

The GOP had a wide range of NOT CRAZY candidates, and you picked Trump. Idiots.

We Americans have had to endure presidents who don't want America to be great. The current one seems intent on weakening America economically, militarily, and culturally.

Trump is a terrible choice for POTUS...but Hillary is far worse. You can see the former, but can't see the later. Why?

Because it's not true. Your childish vote for that idiot might be the stupidest thing you have ever done.
MIGHT be eh . MIIGHT BE eh . Hey look , USA is rolling along just fine and we might get to feck around with 'iran' due to recent developments Bulldog .

The GOP had a wide range of NOT CRAZY candidates, and you picked Trump. Idiots.
-------------------------------------- in yer OPINION Bulldog .

Emasculated ya say...like being triggered by a pic of some founding father, or a statue that you've looked at for decades and suddenly fell threatened......what a rube

Last edited:
and whats the big deal anyway . TRUMP is president , everyone goes to work , eats daily and has fun on weekends . Same as its ever been for my entire 70 Year Lifetime Bulldog .

and whats the big deal anyway . TRUMP is president , everyone goes to work , eats daily and has fun on weekends . Same as its ever been for my entire 70 Year Lifetime Bulldog .
tumblr_mdqvrsLdgU1rlsd6so1_400.jpg

~S~

I am watching the screaming crowd at a Trump rally, I am asking why. A purple heart veteran gives a medal to a draft dodger who promises greatness. Google 'the emasculated American male' and you will get 634,000 hits. What is it about a man that I perceive as a insecure narcissist that gives hope to so many?

Harvard professor and Manliness author Harvey C. Mansfield, 'We are attracted to the manly man because he imparts some of his confidence to everyone else.' Maybe so, but I do not see Donald Trump as a manly man, if anything he seems the son of the pampered upper class. Those born to wealth, who cannot imagine poverty's world. He will not even release his tax forms.

A few of the links in my Google search came from conservative sites and were dated after Barack Obama's election. Did the accomplishment of a Black man fuel this sense of powerlessness? Democrats have lost the white vote since Civil Rights legislation. Is this fear and need born of a deep seated racism.

Witness the hatred of Hillary. Today it is email and Benghazi, but do they forget the witch images from her husband's presidency. Is fear and need born too of misogyny. A woman demonized by republicans for so long. Add in immigration, Mexicans, Muslims, where do you place them.

Certain themes dominate, they get it all, freeloaders, the system is rigged, we are a Christian nation, it's the liberal media, words come to form meaning, thinking is absent, thought is absent. When Trump loses in November it will be because it is a rigged system, and the false narrative will continue. Some will believe. Republicans have engaged in these whistle words for sixty years, someone finally took them up. Their appeal has backfired. Republicans were complicit in a creation they now question.

Hitler references are used too often so now one cannot make comparisons. I will make America great again. I will do this. The crowd cheers, and we will be safe again, and strong again. I will have your back, we will keep them out, we will throw them out, they have to go, the crowd chants, signs waves, slogans work on this audience. Nationalism is a double edged sword.

And why does the American, a person who lives in one of the greatest nations feel they need a savior, a powerful man to lead them to some promised land? Trump praises Putin, is a Russia dictator what they want, a strong leader to makes their wrongs right?

The question becomes when did Americans become so weak they needed someone to lead them? What happened to the free individual, the cowboy image, the creators, the proud American, the laborer, and the made in America. What happened to the nation that won all the important battles? What changed?

Hmm. Maybe ask an anti Obama guy how he delt with Bammer.

Forum List

Back