The Electronic Antifada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boston1

Gold Member
Dec 26, 2015
Colorado
I thought it would be interesting to have a thread which revolved around correcting the revisionist views expressed on a variety of internet sources by palestinians or their sympathizers

Its hard not to notice that much if not all of the palestinian revisionist narrative is blatantly false. Its also hard not to notice that many of the pali sympathizers repeat these falsehoods in thread after thread.

So here's a thread to make your claim and have it vetted

Go

No worries, I'll start.

So the pali's are constantly saying its an occupation, so what does the legal system of Israel say, and mind you that the legal system of Israel is a component of international law.

In the first petitions challenging acts of the military authorities in the OT, the petitioners based their arguments on the norms of belligerent occupation, as expressed in the Hague Regulations and the Fourth Geneva Convention.12 When the Court required them to reply to these petitions, the authorities were forced to take a position on whether these norms were indeed applicable. They initially attempted to hedge their bets by arguing that, even though it was not clear whether the territories were indeed occupied, in practice the military authorities complied with the norms of belligerent occupation and were therefore prepared for their actions to be assessed under these norms.13 After a short time this caveat fell away and, alongside the rules of administrative law that apply to actions of all branches of the Israeli executive, the framework of belligerent occupation became the standard legal regime for assessing actions of the authorities in the OT.14

The de facto acceptance by the authorities that the applicable law in the OT was the law of belligerent occupation freed the Court from having to decide what the constituent elements of occupation are.

End Quote

Moderation Message:

I seriously doubt that "the other side" is gonna want to participate in the OP's "organization of their lies"..

Not a realistic expectation. AND ---- and yet ANOTHER --- invitation to rumble. I want y'all to remember that Zone2 posting rules require you to NOT be baiting and polarizing in the Opening Post or the Title..
Please stick to clearly discussable topics that are based on events, history, news, or legitimate analysis.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back