The Electric Vehicle to alleviate Energy Crisis

Actually, there is an even better alternative. Eestor has already licensed somebody to make retro kits for pickups and 4 wheel drive vehicles. If the cost of the retro is under $20,000, you have a vehicle that you already like, that can be fueled by wind and solar that you have on your own property.

Well I (in this thread) have heard no argument about the ability to recycle said electric vehicle batteries...guess what... once done they are done. I wish I could give supportive links but cannot do so yet. Come on Coal, Nuke, or any traditional power is better, cleaner, and more efficient for the environment. Ohh BTW Global Warming=Earth evolving.

The Nissan Leaf is featured on the MSN front page.....100 mile range and a 30 80% charge capability. Not a Tesla roadster to be sure but a PERFECTLY usefull comuter car. I don't want EVERY ONE to replace EVERYONE of their cars with a Leaf but if we all just replace ONE of our household cars with one we could IMMEDIATELY end our dependence on ME oil.

The Nissan Leaf is featured on the MSN front page.....100 mile range and a 30 80% charge capability. Not a Tesla roadster to be sure but a PERFECTLY usefull comuter car. I don't want EVERY ONE to replace EVERYONE of their cars with a Leaf but if we all just replace ONE of our household cars with one we could IMMEDIATELY end our dependence on ME oil.
Perhaps so, if the energy generated to charge those cars comes from natural gas or nuclear energy. Hydro power can't play a role because of the vast geographical areas of great slope/incline with need to be flooded and eventually cleaned up of toxic silt, like the first major project in the US, the Tennessee Valley authority, which illustrates that situation perfectly.

You must be an advocate for nuclear energy or natural gas to have a hope for a future for these cars, otherwise the location of the generation of the energy to propel them is simply moved from one geographical area to another. Seen in those terms they seem viable, except for the eventual disposal of the batteries.

You miss the FACT that the IC engine is HIGHLY INEFFICIENT so even if the power comes from COAL it will have less of an impact. But yes by the way I AM a proponent of nuclear energy. I am also for SOLAR POWER and WIND power. If you have a solar panel on your house then you could lessen peak demand and therfor leave more energy for industrial sectors. If you have a super capacitor in your garage then you could power your car with SOLAR energy which is 100% clean and 100% renewable. Unless the sun stops shining in which case we would have some FAR more serious problems.

It takes more energy to produce one new car than if you continued to drive a car already produced. New car production will increase pollution of all types. Everything you produce makes pollution, making more is simple math, more equals more, stop polluting, drive your old car and dont buy a prius.

Perhaps so, if the energy generated to charge those cars comes from natural gas or nuclear energy. Hydro power can't play a role because of the vast geographical areas of great slope/incline with need to be flooded and eventually cleaned up of toxic silt, like the first major project in the US, the Tennessee Valley authority, which illustrates that situation perfectly.

You must be an advocate for nuclear energy or natural gas to have a hope for a future for these cars, otherwise the location of the generation of the energy to propel them is simply moved from one geographical area to another. Seen in those terms they seem viable, except for the eventual disposal of the batteries.

Bullshit. We have more than enough energy in geothermal, wind, and solar to completely power the nation. It is simply the will that is lacking.

It takes more energy to produce one new car than if you continued to drive a car already produced. New car production will increase pollution of all types. Everything you produce makes pollution, making more is simple math, more equals more, stop polluting, drive your old car and dont buy a prius.

Oh sure, and after the car has about 250,000 miles on it, you do what with it? Yes, drive the wheels off your present vehicle, then when it wears out, buy an efficient hybrid or electric.

Forum List

Back