The Election will Be a Red Day

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
With people not being fooled by the faux unemployment numbers and the so called good economy, the independents are looking for change. Since it's a midterm election the liberals stay home. This will lead to a red victory.

House: The Republicans will build on their lead.
Senate: There are 45 safe seats for both parties and 10 toss ups. I think the GOP has a total sweep winning: AK, AR, CO, GA, IA, KY, KS, LA, NC and NH
RealClearPolitics - 2014 Election Maps - Battle for the Senate

Governors: In reality these are more important position than the senate or house reps. The GOP has 22 safe seats and the Dems 17, with 11 toss ups. The Dems win 3 (CO, CT and MA) and the GOP wins 8 (AK, FL, GA, IL, KS, ME, MI and WI) for 30 GOP seats!
RealClearPolitics - 2014 Election Maps - 2014 Governor Races

With people not being fooled by the faux unemployment numbers and the so called good economy, the independents are looking for change. Since it's a midterm election the liberals stay home. This will lead to a red victory.

Senate: There are 45 safe seats for both parties and 10 toss ups. I think the GOP has a total sweep winning: AK, AR, CO, GA, IA, KY, KS, LA, NC and NH

Governors: In reality these are more important position than the senate or house reps. The GOP has 22 safe seats and the Dems 17, with 11 toss ups. The Dems win 3 (CO, CT and MA) and the GOP wins 8 (AK, FL, GA, IL, KS, ME, MI and WI) for 30 GOP seats!
Dems are not going to win Massachusetts governor. They picked a bad candidate and the repub will win Massachusetts, even us democrats aren't going to vote for her.

Dems are not going to win Massachusetts governor. They picked a bad candidate and the repub will win Massachusetts, even us democrats aren't going to vote for her.

You said MA right? They could toss up Porky Pig or Bin Laden as the Democratic candidate and win by 10+ points!

Both Massachusetts and Rhode Island, Democrat citadels that they are, have often elected Republicans as governor. Usually when the previous administration has had a veto-proof majority in the legislature and overreached. The very purpose seems to have been to create gridlock and effectively bring government to a halt for a couple of years.

You said MA right? They could toss up Porky Pig or Bin Laden as the Democratic candidate and win by 10+ points!
No they put up Martha Coakley the one that lost to Scott Brown and doesn't know who the Red Sox are. She has gotten the nickname Martha Chokely by the Boston media. Her contender, Charles Baker is up in almost every poll. Don't forget Massachusetts has had 3 out of 4 of the last governors be republican.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2014 - Massachusetts Governor - Baker vs. Coakley

You left out PA for governor race. The governor race selection of yours could happen (maybe...), but I'm not really sure about the GOP winning NC and NH Senate seats, also KS is iffy.

Polls show the Independent ahead in KS, and the Democrat ahead in NC, NH.

AK, CO and GA are tied.

Landrieu is ahead in LA, but not enough to avoid the runoff, and the (R) will do better in the runoff. Call that a tie.

(R)'s lead in IA, AR, KY

Governors:
The GOP has 22 safe seats and the Dems 17, with 11 toss ups. The Dems win 3 (CO, CT and MA) and the GOP wins 8 (AK, FL, GA, IL, KS, ME, MI and WI) for 30 GOP seats!

Polls have the Democrat ahead in FL, IL, KS, MI, and tied in ME and WI.

And I wouldn't give Coakley the win. Like others have pointed out, she's a lousy candidate.

Last edited:
Lets hope so

In the past 6 years, it seems like the real Teflon president has had great news stories, right before an important political event and he comes out smelling like a good rose. He has a bag of tricks that only he and his other empty suits know of, as of this post.

Northeast republicans can and do win occasionally. It happens when the locals get sick of democratic tax increases and corruption.

Northeast republicans can and do win occasionally. It happens when the locals get sick of democratic tax increases and corruption.

Either party can win the governor's house in almost any state, especially when a President from the opposing party is in the White House. Governors aren't seen the same way as Senators are. They aren't as closely associated with the national party and can form independent policy views, like Arnold Schwarzenegger did in California.

Last edited:

False. Prior to the current governor Massachusetts elected Republican governors for twenty solid years. I do think Baker is going to win.

I also think Foley will win in Connecticut. Colorado, I'm not so sure about.

If anything, right now it seems like ME, FL, KS, and IL are all "leaning" slightly Dem, but all four are really too close to make any solid prediction.

Also the independent candidate still has an aggregate lead in the polls in Alaska, but who knows what will happen there...

The Democrats are competitive in Michigan, Wisconsin, and Georgia, but I'd say the GOP is in the lead in those three (again...slightly)

If anything, right now it seems like ME, FL, KS, and IL are all "leaning" slightly Dem, but all four are really too close to make any solid prediction.

Also the independent candidate still has an aggregate lead in the polls in Alaska, but who knows what will happen there...

The Democrats are competitive in Michigan, Wisconsin, and Georgia, but I'd say the GOP is in the lead in those three (again...slightly)
Big news here in New England is how many of the 6 states might go red. Maine, NH, MA and CT races are so close and could go red, all the republican candidates there are moderates except LePage in Maine. Medicaid expansion and guns are big issues in New England. There has been a huge divide coming here between the Harvard PhD types that make a lot of money and the blue collar factory workers still left here. They can and often shift the tide red.

Big news here in New England is how many of the 6 states might go red. Maine, NH, MA and CT races are so close and could go red, all the republican candidates there are moderates except LePage in Maine. Medicaid expansion and guns are big issues in New England. There has been a huge divide coming here between the Harvard PhD types that make a lot of money and the blue collar factory workers still left here. They can and often shift the tide red.

The NH gov race isn't very competitive, Hasan is very popular. Also Maine isn't "going red" it already is red (governor-wise).

The NH gov race isn't very competitive, Hasan is very popular. Also Maine isn't "going red" it already is red (governor-wise).
The NH race is tied. Havenstein was a very popular CEO there and has democratic endorsements. Medicaid expansion, Taxes and guns are big issues there this time. Its going to be close.

The NH race is tied. Havenstein was a very popular CEO there and has democratic endorsements. Medicaid expansion, Taxes and guns are big issues there this time. Its going to be close.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2014 - N.H. Governor - Havenstein vs. Hassan

One poll showing a tie doesn't mean much. Hasan has a 6.5% aggregate lead. That's outside of the grey zone of 5%, Something crazy could happen sure, but I wouldn't count on it.

It's an important note that NH has GOP senate majority, so the "power check against Dem legislature" doesn't sell as well in NH as it does in MA and CT

RealClearPolitics - Election 2014 - N.H. Governor - Havenstein vs. Hassan

One poll showing a tie doesn't mean much. Hasan has a 6.5% aggregate lead. That's outside of the grey zone of 5%, Something crazy could happen sure, but I wouldn't count on it.

It's an important note that NH has GOP senate majority, so the "power check against Dem legislature doesn't sell as well in NH.
Thing with NH is they have more republican registered voters than democrats and more independents as well. They are very fiscally conservative and socially liberal and the issue of funding Medicaid expansion without an income tax has become an issue there. Like I said, it will be close.

I didn't have time to comment on this yet, but I was right on. Only senate miscalculation was NH and my only governor miss was MA. Man I never thought liberal MA would swing like that!

Forum List

Back