The effectiveness of the "enhanced" techniques.

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by Dante, May 14, 2009.

1. Dante

Dante On leave Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    the effectiveness of the "enhanced" techniques was always in question.

now we learn it was private contractors...
    and Pelosi now vehemently denies the GOP rumor mill.

what is next?

latimes.com
    WTF is making a case based on ideology, Lindsey G, or others?

2. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,318
    Well, here is a case for total transparency. What was done in our nation's name?

3. catzmeow

catzmeow BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,974
  4. Dante

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    One of my big philosophical differences with the Bush/Cheney Admin and now the Obama one, is the secrecy bs. Why should we be protected from ourselves? It isn't like our international enemies and allies do not know what was done. Only the American public is kept in the dark. :evil:

5. Yurt

Yurt Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,038
    obama already admitted the enhanced techniques yielded intelligence, further he never disputed cheney's claim that the techniques saved lives....and it is telling that obama released the memos but won't release the memos detailing the successes....

6. Dante

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    do any memos REALLY detail the success of the techniques?

We have the word of VP Cheney against the words of a few people who were actually there.
    hmmmmmm, ....:eusa_whistle:

7. Dante

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    btw yurt, nothing is telling at all...unless of course one drinks from the pitcher of paranoid flavor koolaid

8. PubliusInfinitum

PubliusInfinitum BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +726
    All you people need to do is to prove the FACTS which impart THE WHOLE TRUTH.

Now you idiots claim that 'coersive interrogation only produces false information... WELL... for you to make that claim all there is to proving it is to produce the evidence which shows us what the interrogation subject knew to be TRUE and contrast THAT by what they said under stressful interrogation... which is to say, establish that they knew this truth and show that they lied when they weren't being asked nice...

Which shouldn't be that difficult... because in your above positions you implied that these men were GUSHING information to those interrogators who asked them nice... so just go back to the file which was compiled by Soufan's interrogations, the NICE INTERROGATION... which shouldn't be hard to find, as it has to be HUGE; given that it's SURE to be stuffed with TRUTHFULL answers to all the NICELY ASKED QUESTIONS...

To wit: Nicey nice interrogator in Red; Terrorists in blue...

'So how ya doin'? ' Fine... '

Whatdja have for Breakfast?' A lovely piece of naan, some fresh chikpeas and a delightful samosa...'

"Are your accomodations acceptable?" "Well the flat panel is a little small, and they had me out last night, asking me these questions and I missed "The Unit;" but I DVR'd it, so it's no big deal... It's just that my Cousin is in this episode; he drives a taxi in Cairo and plays an informant for Snake Doctor... who ends up slaughtering his family and torturing their corpses for kicks... so if we could wrap this up; I'd like to get back to the room and order up a little noche..' before I watch it... Plus, Will and Grace come on at 11:00 and I'm out of memory, so I can't record that one until I erase something, and it SO hard to choose... you know... it takes time."

Of course... I do the same thing with CSI and Dancing with the Stars... I lost two episodes when I was deployed last month, due to memory and I am still a little torched over that one...

"Torched?" Are you threatening me? 'Cause if you are, I'll stop being cooperative RIGHT NOW, MISTER!

NO no... Of course not, I was just saying... Well, tell ya what, lets get you back to your suite and we'll pick this up after lunch...

Oh... After Lunch? Yeaaaaaahhh... Here's the thing... I've got some letters to write and Abdul over in D-block sent a note, he wants to get together... then there's prayer at 6:00... Soooo... how's Tuesday, arooound... looks like I'm free after 10:00?

Tuesday at 10:00 then... sounds good... and on behalf of the government of the United States... I'd like to thank you for your continued cooperation...

Oh no problem... we're all reasonable men; these things happen... and you can count on me to tell you everything you need to know, just as I have this morning... as long as you continue to behave as a civilized man and do not threaten me with Torture...

Oh I apologize again... I was just... well, It won't happen again... We're all professionals here and you're exactly right, there's simply no excuse for that kind of behavior...

So you can see that THAT file would be ENORMOUS after a few weeks of that sort of mind bending banter...

Just grab that file, cull the 'truths' and correlate them to the lies they told under stress techniques and just show us where the TORTURE... produced lies against what you know to be the TRUTH...

I mean I'm SURE you have that already, as that is what you'd need to make the assertion that Torture NEVER PRODUCES ANYTHING BUT LIES... anything less and you're just... well.. LYIN'....

Just hit your notes there and make us privy to the good parts...

Show this board the evidence, which I know you MUST HAVE... because you've made the claim that torture only produces lies, thus you, who claim to NOT be a liar, must have the evidence wherein you can show what the truth was, that the subject KNEW the truth and that their response under stress ran counter TO THAT TRUTH...

For instance... (mean old interrogator in red, innocent terrorist in blue)

The Subject has been on the block, standing without the means of support for 5 hours... the interrogator asks:

OK HAJI! What did you have for BREAKFAST!

Please, just let me rest, I'll tell you all you want to know, I just need to sit down for a moment and collect my thoughts...

BREAKFAST DARKMEAT! OR I'm out that door and won't be back until next Tuesday...

Ok Ok... (and he thinks that the interrogator is giving him a clue with regard to what he WANTS to hear... DARKMEAT! ) YES... I had two eggs, over-easy, CRISPY BACON, and two sausages... which were overcooked, btw, with a nice orange slice... with some hamfried Potatoes...

Well that's better! Ok boys... let him down... and send the tape over to the Pentagon over the secure line: STAT!

Ya see, we know that he didn't have bacon, eggs and sausage, because; First, those foods are anathema to his faith; and Second, we fed him... and to feed him such would be a war crime, as it is ethnically incorrect... PLUS... we know from the NICE interview, that he had a slice of naan, chickpeas and a samosa.

See how that works?

Now produce the evidence...

Otherwise you're just a big fat liar... of the 'pants on fire' variety...

Last edited: May 15, 2009
  9. PubliusInfinitum

PubliusInfinitum BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +726
    LOL... The left is ALL OVER this Torture thing.

Sadly they just can't support a word of it...

10. Dante

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    doosh bagh!!!!!

argue with somebody who was actually there.