The effect of pot on your brain

I can remember when 9 out of 10 doctors recommended Kools so medical reports that are just more propaganda dont impact me at all.

• Banned
I can remember when 9 out of 10 doctors recommended Kools so medical reports that are just more propaganda dont impact me at all.

You really dont understand the differeance between a commercial and a medical study?

Just how stupid are are?

You really dont understand the differeance between a commercial and a medical study?

Just how stupid are are?

Those commercials were backed up by medical studies! Menthol cigarettes were widely believed to help breathing and alleviate allergies.

It is a shame that innocent people will have to die to feed the increasing appetite for drugs, but that's the way it has to be. All drugs should be available and free, including marijuana which is known to lead to strokes. Good. Potheads should increase their smoking. Take the tons that are confiscated and distribute it free, as much as they want.

We dispose of tons of confiscated pot, burn it, bury it, then raise pot to sell. It makes no sense. Distribute it free.

go get the studies.

They were Cig company propaganda

But there is NO marijuana lobby propaganda! Oh my potheads wouldn't LIE would they?

Nevertheless, pot should be legal, free and unlimited as should every other drug, prescription or illicit.

why do you refuse this sceintific study?

Because you dont require facts to make up your mind.

Who should you believe when there's reports that go both ways? I think there's a huge push on to legalize pot, so just like homosexuality, the pot heads are beginning the campaign to legitimize pot starting with finding doctors and scientists, THAT ARE POT HEADS THEMSELVES, to publish so called "studies" that conclude smoking pot is GOOD for you. Homosexuality was/is and always will be a mental illness, but the homo's successfully waged war on those facts with their own homo doctors and such and got it removed from the mental illness list. The pot heads are doing the same thing with weed now. Frankly I don't give a fuck. I think booze is far more harmful than pot, and if I had my choice which one had to be legal, I'd say weed, so why not legalize it? Go for it, but don't lie about it...

HOW DOES MARIJUANA AFFECT THE BRAIN?

Submitted by SerendipUpdate on Thu, 01/10/2008

AKUDO EJELONU

Pot, weed, grass, ganja and skunk, are some of the common words used to describe the dried leaves drug known as marijuana. Marijuana is a cannabis plant that is "usually smoked or eaten to entice euphoria." (1). Throughout the years, there has been research on the negative and positive effects of marijuana on the human body and the brain. Marijuana is frequently beneficial to the treatment of AIDS, cancer, glaucoma, multiple sclerosis, and chronic pain. However, researchers such as Jacques-Joseph Moreau have been working to explain how marijuana has harmful affects on the functions of central nervous system and hinders the memory and movement of the user's brain. The focus of my web paper is how the chemicals in marijuana, specifically cannabinoids and THC have an effect on the memory and emotions of a person's central nervous system.

Marijuana impinges on the central nervous system by attaching to brain's neurons and interfering with normal communication between the neurons. These nerves respond by altering their initial behavior. For example, if a nerve is suppose to assist one in retrieving short-term memory, cannabinoids receptors make them do the opposite. So if one has to remember what he did five minutes ago, after smoking a high dose of marijuana, he has trouble. Marijuana plant contains 400 chemicals and 60 of them are cannabinoids, which are psychoactive compounds that are produced inside the body after cannabis is metabolized or is extorted from the cannabis plant. Cannabinoids is an active ingredient of marijuana. The most psychoactive cannabinoids chemical in marijuana that has the biggest impact on the brain is tetrahydrocannibol, or THC. THC is the main active ingredient in marijuana because it affects the brain by binding to and activating specific receptors, known as cannabinoid receptors. "These receptors control memory, thought, concentration, time and depth, and coordinated movement. THC also affects the production, release or re-uptake (a regulating mechanism) of various neurotransmitters."(2) Neurotransmitters are chemical messenger molecules that carry signals between neurons. Some of these affects are personality disturbances, depression and chronic anxiety. Psychiatrists who treat schizophrenic patient advice them to not use this drug because marijuana can trigger severe mental disturbances and cause a relapse.

HOW DOES MARIJUANA AFFECT THE BRAIN? | Serendip's Exchange

Well this is already common knowledge that it helps to reduce pain and increase appetite and even lower stress. It's not saying it makes you more intelligent or that it can't be abused. I think anyone with real world experience with marijuana use can tell you that. I think marijuana can be used in moderation and really don't understand why it's not legal.

why do you refuse this sceintific study?

Because you dont require facts to make up your mind.

For one, I know it's bogus. For another, I already support the full legalization of all drugs so there's no point. I don't care HOW bogus it is. If this is bogus we need MORE bogus studies to support increased drug use. We need the cocaine lobby to come up with a study showing the beneficial effects of cocaine too.

I'm adopting the Chinese view "We believe in the full legalization of drugs, for you, not for us".

Looking at the subject of drug legalization realistically, Whitney Houston just died of her addictiont to drugs and alcohol at 48. Her daughter overdosed the day before her mother died and had another OD the day her mother died. Bobbie Christina was using at her mother's funeral. She is 18. I doubt she will make it 6 months. Drug users die and they die young. The very least I can do is support this kind of self euthanasia. If faked medical studies help, good. I might still point out that they are ridiculous, but I would not want them stopped or suppressed at all. They further an ultimately beneficial goal.

Well this is already common knowledge that it helps to reduce pain and increase appetite and even lower stress. It's not saying it makes you more intelligent or that it can't be abused. I think anyone with real world experience with marijuana use can tell you that. I think marijuana can be used in moderation and really don't understand why it's not legal.

I certainly hope it's legal, but that's not enough. It is not enough to merely be legal. It should be free as well.

Steps need to be taken to protect the public from those who are stoned out of their minds, but aside from that, legal and free, along with everything else.

I certainly hope it's legal, but that's not enough. It is not enough to merely be legal. It should be free as well.

Steps need to be taken to protect the public from those who are stoned out of their minds, but aside from that, legal and free, along with everything else.

Okay real rational. No one said anything about it being free. Chill out. It's not free now but anyone who wants it can get it. Easier for kids to get than alcohol is too.

And this study shows pot grows the brains of people who ingest it

Forum List

Back