The Education of Palin vs Obama

I haven't studied the Wasilla budget in depth (and neither have you, CS) - but this looks like long term infrastructure related debt for a big sports facility. Capital expenditures are often handled with bond debt by states and municipalities.

This is a far different scenario than engaging in Ton-O-Debt for short term consumption, as Obama has done. The only thing he did that is shovel worthy is kill the recovery. It's time to bury that corpse and start over.

oh you mean this sports complex:

Palin's Hockey Rink Leads To Legal Trouble in Town She Led - WSJ.com

The biggest project that Sarah Palin undertook as mayor of this small town was an indoor sports complex, where locals played hockey, soccer, and basketball, especially during the long, dark Alaskan winters.

The only catch was that the city began building roads and installing utilities for the project before it had unchallenged title to the land. The misstep led to years of litigation and at least $1.3 million in extra costs for a small municipality with a small budget. What was to be Ms. Palin's legacy has turned into a financial mess that continues to plague Wasilla.

"It's too bad that the city of Wasilla didn't do their homework and secure the land before they began construction," said Kathy Wells, a longtime activist here. "She was not your ceremonial mayor; she was in charge of running the city. So it was her job to make sure things were done correctly."

Yeah. The Nature Conservancy reneged on their deal with the city - and lawsuits ensued.

I'm not defending such government spending - but if you are going to make comparisons of debt, at least have the intellectual honesty to distinguish between debt for short term consumption vs. long term capital projects.

Uh. Moron.

Your graphs all start after the Dems took over Congress in the 2006 elections.

You also display an incredibly ignorant view of economics.

wait i thought it was always the presidents fault? now its congresses fault?

is that better
Natl_Debt_Chart.jpg

politics-gdp.gif

OK. Explain the economic conditions of each era and the key policy decisions that resulted in the economic performance during that era.

Yeah. The Nature Conservancy reneged on their deal with the city - and lawsuits ensued.

I'm not defending such government spending - but if you are going to make comparisons of debt, at least have the intellectual honesty to distinguish between debt for short term consumption vs. long term capital projects.

so the stimulus money marked for infrastructure improvements, that was short term debt?
her debt per resident also far exceeds the presidents debt for the same.

There you go Cali

But, he has a point. A degree is one part of education... it does not make one person better than or smarter than another. I view education as a life long process... I learn shit all the time. It didn't stop when I left University.

I am one of those cons that you constantly refer to. I am college educated, have a Masters, and still learning. You get your ass kicked because you constantly lie about 'cons'. Idiot. Go get one lie

And... for the record... I know many people who have not been to college. And they are pretty smart people... they just chose a different road. Why do you constantly have to dismiss anyone who chooses a different path? Perhaps if you showed a little less arrogance and stopped ridiculing anyone who doesn't fit within your world view, you would develop a better understanding of people. Or... you could just carry on lying and labeling everyone who disagrees with you as a 'liar'.

I never said what you claimed I said.

I did NOT say I dismiss anyone who was uneducated?

I didnt did I.

Now we have an example of ANOTHER lie by you.

That's not a lie, idiot. This is your problem... again.... you see everything that is not in exact accordance to your thinking as a 'lie'. It isn't.

Your obsessional accusations of others is ridiculous. You make yourself look like an uneducated, small minded, rather foolish person.

well Reagan was a military man. should we require that all presidents have served in the active military? :cuckoo:
Aside from your obvious non-sequitur... so was Carter.
The election of RWR over Cater deflates any argument you might have here, as Carter was, according to you, far better qualified due to his Annapolis engineering degree.

your argument in one of ignorance,,,
:roll:
Yes -- because -I- haven't been to college, grad school, post-grad and law school.
:roll:
Yours is nothing more than an ignorant attraction to shiny objects, assuming that something considered prestigious is necessarily better than something that is not.

and seeing as how the OP has no mention of Truman, Reagan, Carter, or any other president youre using simply to steer the conversation off its original intention.
On the contrary... the premise is that better educated = more qualified.
Given that, the comparison between any two choices is valid.

by your ridiculous standards, college education has no value in the real world.
Nothing I have said leads to that conclusion.
You, on the other hand, are argung nothing more than 'brand names are necessaily better than off-brands'.

"but the fact is that you don't need any notable degree of intelligence to get into Harvard Law"
but you do in fact need an actual degree
Which in no way negates anything I said. You don't need any notable degree of intelligence to get a degree that qualifies you for law school, Harvard or otherwise.

Pehaps, if you went to college, you'd understand what I mean.

LSAT range (25 to 75 percentile): 169 to 175
GPA range (25 to 75 percentile): 3.95 to 3.72
You think this is hard? That this necessitates some above average degree of intelligence?
Like I said - you don't have the experience.

1. Ordered all federal agencies to undertake a study and make recommendations for ways to cut spending talk
2. Ordered a review of all federal operations to identify and cut wasteful spending and practices talk
3. Instituted enforcement for equal pay for women grandstanding, b/c the law was already there
4. Beginning the withdrawal of US troops from Iraq Thaks to Bush
5. Families of fallen soldiers have expenses covered to be on hand when the body arrives at Dover AFB nice
6. Ended media blackout on war casualties; reporting full information ignorant
7. Ended media blackout on covering the return of fallen soldiers to Dover AFB; the media is now permitted to do so pending adherence to respectful rules and approval of fallen soldier’s family grandstanding.
8. The White House and federal government are respecting the Freedom of Information Act once the media beats it outta them.
9. Instructed all federal agencies to promote openness and transparency as much as possible talk
10. Limits on lobbyist’s access to the White House utter bullshit
11. Limits on White House aides working for lobbyists after their tenure in the administration talk
12. Ended the previous stop-loss policy that kept soldiers in Iraq/Afghanistan longer than their enlistment date that was great
13. Phasing out the expensive F-22 war plane and other outdated weapons systems, which weren’t even used or needed in Iraq/Afghanistan pfft
14. Removed restrictions on embryonic stem-cell research good
15. Federal support for stem-cell and new biomedical research waste of money. if it's so great they can get private funding.
16. New federal funding for science and research labs waste
17. States are permitted to enact federal fuel efficiency standards above federal standards He "gave" states permission, how condensending.
18. Increased infrastructure spending (roads, bridges, power plants) after years of neglect unions jobs, most are over budget.
19. Funds for high-speed, broadband Internet access to K-12 schools waste, let the states take care of that.
20. New funds for school construction waste
21 The prison at Guantanamo Bay is being phased out no, no it's not.
22. US Auto industry rescue plan waste, Ford took no money and did better than the other 2.
23. Housing rescue plan waste
24. $789 billion economic stimulus plan pork filled waste
25. The public can meet with federal housing insurers to refinance (the new plan can be completed in one day) a mortgage if they are having trouble paying welfare for people with jobs and money
26. US financial and banking rescue plan good lord
27. The secret detention facilities in Eastern Europe and elsewhere are being closed shame, we got a lot of great intel from them.
28. Ended the previous policy; the US now has a no torture policy and is in compliance with theGeneva Convention standards
29. Better body armor is now being provided to our troops technology takes time.
30. The missile defense program is being cut by $1.4 billion in 2010 that's an awesome idea. pfft
31. Restarted the nuclear nonproliferation talks and building back up the nuclear inspection infrastructure/protocols grandstanding
32. Reengaged in the treaties/agreements to protect the Antarctic talk
33. Reengaged in the agreements/talks on global warming and greenhouse gas emissions HUGH waste of money that will cripple our economy.
34. Visited more countries and met with more world leaders than any president in his first six months in office who friggin cares?
35. Successful release of US captain held bySomali pirates; authorized the SEALS to do their job hahahaha
36. US Navy increasing patrols off Somali coast kinda had to.
37. Attractive tax write-offs for those who buy hybrid automobiles bribes paid for with our money.
38. Cash for clunkers program offers vouchers to trade in fuel inefficient, polluting old cars for new cars; stimulated auto sales the cost was astronomical, and nearly killed the industry. And thanks for removing cars that I can afford to buy.
39. Announced plans to purchase fuel efficient American-made fleet for the federal government talk
40. Expanded the SCHIP program to cover health care for 4 million more children good
41. Signed national service legislation; expandednational youth service program
42. Instituted a new policy on Cuba, allowing Cuban families to return home to visit loved ones
43. Ended the previous policy of not regulating and labeling carbon dioxide emissions waste
44. Expanding vaccination programs too what? I recall flu shots being late.
45. Immediate and efficient response to the floods in North Dakota and other natural disasters ignored KY
46. Closed offshore tax safe havens Unconstitutional.
47. Negotiated deal with Swiss banks to permit US government to gain access to records of tax evaders and criminals
48. Ended the previous policy of offering tax benefits to corporations who outsource goodAmerican jobs; the new policy is to promote in-sourcing to bring jobs back good
49.. Ended the previous practice of protectingcredit card companies; in place of it are new consumer protections from credit card industry’s predatory practices like what? expecting people to pay what they owe?
50. Energy producing plants must begin preparing to produce 15% of their energy from renewable sources which is comical at best.
51. Lower drug costs for seniors good
52. Ended the previous practice of forbidding Medicare from negotiating with drug manufacturers for cheaper drugs; the federal government is now realizing hundreds of millions in savings long over due
53. Increasing pay and benefits for military personnel all Presidents do that.
54. Improved housing for military personnel I would love to know how.
55. Initiating a new policy to promote federal hiring of military spouses that's not right.
56. Improved conditions at Walter Reed Military Hospital and other military hospitals
57 Increasing student loans took over student loans
58. Increasing opportunities in AmeriCorpsprogram
59. Sent envoys to Middle East and other parts of the world that had been neglected for years; reengaging in multilateral and bilateral talks and diplomacy and it achieved what?
60. Established a new cyber security office enlarged government
61. Beginning the process of reforming and restructuring the military 20 years after the Cold War to a more modern fighting force; this includes new procurement policies, increasing size of military, new technology and cyber units and operations, etc. The military can do that and has done it w/o his help.
62. Ended previous policy of awarding no-bid defense contracts good
63. Ordered a review of hurricane and natural disaster preparedness
64. Established a National Performance Officer charged with saving the federal government money and making federal operations more efficient whats come from it besides the pay freeze?
65. Students struggling to make college loan payments can have their loans refinanced they can stall payments, and have been able to for years.
66. Improving benefits for veterans
67. Many more press conferences and town halls and much more media access than previous administration wasted money and no more access.
68. Instituted a new focus on mortgage fraud
69. The FDA is now regulating tobacco it's not a food or a drug
70. Ended previous policy of cutting the FDA and circumventing FDA rules
71. Ended previous practice of having White House aides rewrite scientific and environmental rules, regulations, and reports
72. Authorized discussions with North Korea and private mission by Pres. Bill Clinton to secure the release of two Americans held in prisons hahaha
73. Authorized discussions with Myanmar and mission by Sen. Jim Web to secure the release of an American held captive hahahaha
74. Making more loans available to small businesses which they are not getting.
75. Established independent commission to make recommendations on slowing the costs of Medicare paying people to save money?
76. Appointment of first Latina to the Supreme Court that's an achievement?
77. Authorized construction/opening of additional health centers to care for veterans
78. Limited salaries of senior White House aides; cut to $100,000 all the way down to 100k, oh the horror.
79. Renewed loan guarantees for Israel bleh, they have enough cash.
80. Changed the failing/status quo military command in Afghanistan
81. Deployed additional troops to Afghanistan copied Bush.
82. New Afghan War policy that limits aerial bombing and prioritizes aid, development of infrastructure, diplomacy, and good government practices by Afghans hamstringing the military
83. Announced the long-term development of a national energy grid with renewable sources and cleaner, efficient energy production which is being blocked by liberal special intrest groups.
84. Returned money authorized for refurbishment of White House offices and private living quarters
85. Paid for redecoration of White House living quarters out of his own pocket nice
86. Held first Seder in White House
87. Attempting to reform the nation’s healthcare system which is the most expensive in the world yet leaves almost 50 million without health insurance and millions more under insured WOW, 2 years ago it was 30 million, pfft
88. Has put the ball in play for comprehensive immigration reform not really, he doesn't mean 'reform'
89. Has announced his intention to push for energy reform cap and tax the crap outta everyone.
90. Has announced his intention to push for education reform close the DoEd and let the states compete.

Uh. Moron.

Your graphs all start after the Dems took over Congress in the 2006 elections.

You also display an incredibly ignorant view of economics.

is that better
Natl_Debt_Chart.jpg

politics-gdp.gif

OK. Explain the economic conditions of each era and the key policy decisions that resulted in the economic performance during that era.

i thought that didnt matter? it just mattered who was in charge? if thats the route you want to take now, you open the door for great justification as to why Obama increased government spending to stave off another depression.

we can look at Clinton for a great example. Higher taxes on the wealthy, lower taxes on the middle class, huge economic boom for all 8 years of his presidency. debt decreases, and we actually had a surplus (but im sure you will give all the credit to the republican congress)

Bush comes into office. passes huge tax cuts for the wealthy, starts 2 wars, obliterates the surplus immediately and drives up the debt and deficit. continue the clinton boom, but it is short lived as we have a recession after 9/11 (although short lived) followed by a short boom, and then we tank into another recession. (but then again im sure youll simply blame the democratic congress for all of this as well)

and thats just a good start.

Only $20M of Debt?

That sounds great! Much better than the $Ts Obambi has added.

And now, please explain how Obama's academic and political experience prepared him for the biggest Chief Executive Officer job in the world?

Wasilla has a population of 7,028 (City of Wasilla : Wasilla Facts)

That is a debt of $2,845 per person. When she took office the city of $0 debt
She increased spending by 63% in ran up the debt.
The Palindrone Perspective: Under Palin, Wasilla Government Spending And Debt Skyrocketed

sounds like a great plan for the country

if Obama has added the same amount of per person debt to the county. (based on a 307,000,000 population) the debt would have rise $62,629,336,200. thats $62 trillion.

Wasilla built a sports complex!

What a stupid fuck!

There is an asset side to the balance sheet

Dems are so ignorant!

Stupid fuck!

1. Ordered all federal agencies to undertake a study and make recommendations for ways to cut spending talk
2. Ordered a review of all federal operations to identify and cut wasteful spending and practices talk
3. Instituted enforcement for equal pay for women grandstanding, b/c the law was already there
4. Beginning the withdrawal of US troops from Iraq Thaks to Bush
5. Families of fallen soldiers have expenses covered to be on hand when the body arrives at Dover AFB nice
6. Ended media blackout on war casualties; reporting full information ignorant
7. Ended media blackout on covering the return of fallen soldiers to Dover AFB; the media is now permitted to do so pending adherence to respectful rules and approval of fallen soldier’s family grandstanding.
8. The White House and federal government are respecting the Freedom of Information Act once the media beats it outta them.
9. Instructed all federal agencies to promote openness and transparency as much as possible talk
10. Limits on lobbyist’s access to the White House utter bullshit
11. Limits on White House aides working for lobbyists after their tenure in the administration talk
12. Ended the previous stop-loss policy that kept soldiers in Iraq/Afghanistan longer than their enlistment date that was great
13. Phasing out the expensive F-22 war plane and other outdated weapons systems, which weren’t even used or needed in Iraq/Afghanistan pfft
14. Removed restrictions on embryonic stem-cell research good
15. Federal support for stem-cell and new biomedical research waste of money. if it's so great they can get private funding.
16. New federal funding for science and research labs waste
17. States are permitted to enact federal fuel efficiency standards above federal standards He "gave" states permission, how condensending.
18. Increased infrastructure spending (roads, bridges, power plants) after years of neglect unions jobs, most are over budget.
19. Funds for high-speed, broadband Internet access to K-12 schools waste, let the states take care of that.
20. New funds for school construction waste
21 The prison at Guantanamo Bay is being phased out no, no it's not.
22. US Auto industry rescue plan waste, Ford took no money and did better than the other 2.
23. Housing rescue plan waste
24. $789 billion economic stimulus plan pork filled waste
25. The public can meet with federal housing insurers to refinance (the new plan can be completed in one day) a mortgage if they are having trouble paying welfare for people with jobs and money
26. US financial and banking rescue plan good lord
27. The secret detention facilities in Eastern Europe and elsewhere are being closed shame, we got a lot of great intel from them.
28. Ended the previous policy; the US now has a no torture policy and is in compliance with theGeneva Convention standards
29. Better body armor is now being provided to our troops technology takes time.
30. The missile defense program is being cut by $1.4 billion in 2010 that's an awesome idea. pfft
31. Restarted the nuclear nonproliferation talks and building back up the nuclear inspection infrastructure/protocols grandstanding
32. Reengaged in the treaties/agreements to protect the Antarctic talk
33. Reengaged in the agreements/talks on global warming and greenhouse gas emissions HUGH waste of money that will cripple our economy.
34. Visited more countries and met with more world leaders than any president in his first six months in office who friggin cares?
35. Successful release of US captain held bySomali pirates; authorized the SEALS to do their job hahahaha
36. US Navy increasing patrols off Somali coast kinda had to.
37. Attractive tax write-offs for those who buy hybrid automobiles bribes paid for with our money.
38. Cash for clunkers program offers vouchers to trade in fuel inefficient, polluting old cars for new cars; stimulated auto sales the cost was astronomical, and nearly killed the industry. And thanks for removing cars that I can afford to buy.
39. Announced plans to purchase fuel efficient American-made fleet for the federal government talk
40. Expanded the SCHIP program to cover health care for 4 million more children good
41. Signed national service legislation; expandednational youth service program
42. Instituted a new policy on Cuba, allowing Cuban families to return home to visit loved ones
43. Ended the previous policy of not regulating and labeling carbon dioxide emissions waste
44. Expanding vaccination programs too what? I recall flu shots being late.
45. Immediate and efficient response to the floods in North Dakota and other natural disasters ignored KY
46. Closed offshore tax safe havens Unconstitutional.
47. Negotiated deal with Swiss banks to permit US government to gain access to records of tax evaders and criminals
48. Ended the previous policy of offering tax benefits to corporations who outsource goodAmerican jobs; the new policy is to promote in-sourcing to bring jobs back good
49.. Ended the previous practice of protectingcredit card companies; in place of it are new consumer protections from credit card industry’s predatory practices like what? expecting people to pay what they owe?
50. Energy producing plants must begin preparing to produce 15% of their energy from renewable sources which is comical at best.
51. Lower drug costs for seniors good
52. Ended the previous practice of forbidding Medicare from negotiating with drug manufacturers for cheaper drugs; the federal government is now realizing hundreds of millions in savings long over due
53. Increasing pay and benefits for military personnel all Presidents do that.
54. Improved housing for military personnel I would love to know how.
55. Initiating a new policy to promote federal hiring of military spouses that's not right.
56. Improved conditions at Walter Reed Military Hospital and other military hospitals
57 Increasing student loans took over student loans
58. Increasing opportunities in AmeriCorpsprogram
59. Sent envoys to Middle East and other parts of the world that had been neglected for years; reengaging in multilateral and bilateral talks and diplomacy and it achieved what?
60. Established a new cyber security office enlarged government
61. Beginning the process of reforming and restructuring the military 20 years after the Cold War to a more modern fighting force; this includes new procurement policies, increasing size of military, new technology and cyber units and operations, etc. The military can do that and has done it w/o his help.
62. Ended previous policy of awarding no-bid defense contracts good
63. Ordered a review of hurricane and natural disaster preparedness
64. Established a National Performance Officer charged with saving the federal government money and making federal operations more efficient whats come from it besides the pay freeze?
65. Students struggling to make college loan payments can have their loans refinanced they can stall payments, and have been able to for years.
66. Improving benefits for veterans
67. Many more press conferences and town halls and much more media access than previous administration wasted money and no more access.
68. Instituted a new focus on mortgage fraud
69. The FDA is now regulating tobacco it's not a food or a drug
70. Ended previous policy of cutting the FDA and circumventing FDA rules
71. Ended previous practice of having White House aides rewrite scientific and environmental rules, regulations, and reports
72. Authorized discussions with North Korea and private mission by Pres. Bill Clinton to secure the release of two Americans held in prisons hahaha
73. Authorized discussions with Myanmar and mission by Sen. Jim Web to secure the release of an American held captive hahahaha
74. Making more loans available to small businesses which they are not getting.
75. Established independent commission to make recommendations on slowing the costs of Medicare paying people to save money?
76. Appointment of first Latina to the Supreme Court that's an achievement?
77. Authorized construction/opening of additional health centers to care for veterans
78. Limited salaries of senior White House aides; cut to $100,000 all the way down to 100k, oh the horror.
79. Renewed loan guarantees for Israel bleh, they have enough cash.
80. Changed the failing/status quo military command in Afghanistan
81. Deployed additional troops to Afghanistan copied Bush.
82. New Afghan War policy that limits aerial bombing and prioritizes aid, development of infrastructure, diplomacy, and good government practices by Afghans hamstringing the military
83. Announced the long-term development of a national energy grid with renewable sources and cleaner, efficient energy production which is being blocked by liberal special intrest groups.
84. Returned money authorized for refurbishment of White House offices and private living quarters
85. Paid for redecoration of White House living quarters out of his own pocket nice
86. Held first Seder in White House
87. Attempting to reform the nation’s healthcare system which is the most expensive in the world yet leaves almost 50 million without health insurance and millions more under insured WOW, 2 years ago it was 30 million, pfft
88. Has put the ball in play for comprehensive immigration reform not really, he doesn't mean 'reform'
89. Has announced his intention to push for energy reform cap and tax the crap outta everyone.
90. Has announced his intention to push for education reform close the DoEd and let the states compete.

just because you dont agree with the policies, doesnt mean they did occur nor does it mean that they didnt have an overall positive affect. dumbass.

Only $20M of Debt?

That sounds great! Much better than the $Ts Obambi has added.

And now, please explain how Obama's academic and political experience prepared him for the biggest Chief Executive Officer job in the world?

The Palindrone Perspective: Under Palin, Wasilla Government Spending And Debt Skyrocketed

if Obama has added the same amount of per person debt to the county. (based on a 307,000,000 population) the debt would have rise $62,629,336,200. thats $62 trillion.

did you not read the article moron? so increasing debt and increasing spending is good?

she increased taxes: Palin Supported Increasing Wasilla Sales Tax From 2 to 2.5 Percent to Build $14.7 Million Sports Center.

"Palin Left Behind Almost $19 Million In Long-Term Debt, Compared to None Before She Was Mayor. In fiscal 2003—the last fiscal year Palin approved the budget—the bonded long-term debt was $18,635,000. In fiscal 1996—the year before Palin took control of the budget—there was no general obligation debt"

she mismanaged the entire project. she starting building on land the city didnt own, causing a huge legal battle and cost overruns that added to public debt. someone still has to pay the debt.

maybe you should read the articles before opening your mouth and revealing how dumb you are the USMB

did you not read the article moron? so increasing debt and increasing spending is good?

she increased taxes: Palin Supported Increasing Wasilla Sales Tax From 2 to 2.5 Percent to Build $14.7 Million Sports Center.

"Palin Left Behind Almost $19 Million In Long-Term Debt, Compared to None Before She Was Mayor. In fiscal 2003—the last fiscal year Palin approved the budget—the bonded long-term debt was $18,635,000. In fiscal 1996—the year before Palin took control of the budget—there was no general obligation debt"

she mismanaged the entire project. she starting building on land the city didnt own, causing a huge legal battle and cost overruns that added to public debt. someone still has to pay the debt.

maybe you should read the articles before opening your mouth and revealing how dumb you are the USMB

How dumb you are the USMB?

Again, oh the irony....

is that better
Natl_Debt_Chart.jpg

politics-gdp.gif

i thought that didnt matter? it just mattered who was in charge? if thats the route you want to take now, you open the door for great justification as to why Obama increased government spending to stave off another depression.

we can look at Clinton for a great example. Higher taxes on the wealthy, lower taxes on the middle class, huge economic boom for all 8 years of his presidency. debt decreases, and we actually had a surplus (but im sure you will give all the credit to the republican congress)

Bush comes into office. passes huge tax cuts for the wealthy, starts 2 wars, obliterates the surplus immediately and drives up the debt and deficit. continue the clinton boom, but it is short lived as we have a recession after 9/11 (although short lived) followed by a short boom, and then we tank into another recession. (but then again im sure youll simply blame the democratic congress for all of this as well)

Your assessment of Clinton is inaccurate. Clinton benefited from the growth oriented Reagan era policies, the peace dividend, the Gingrich Congress, the Y2K tech spend bulge, the Dotcom Bubble, and the Telecom Bubble.

Your assessment of Bush is inadequate for other reasons.

And one can hardly call your ignorance of economics a Good Start.

Again, oh the irony....

Common Nonsense is teh stoopid.

Again, oh the irony....

Common Nonsense is teh stoopid.

really i typo is common nonsense? so i forgot the word "on" and that makes me "stoopid"? :clap2:

Or maybe it's mere coincidience and this is just another case of a liberal seeing causality where there isn't any. Again if the guy is so bright, why is he such an economic and policy idiot?

idiot... oh i dunno.. more of a wuss for giving in to the rightwingnuts on policy and economics.

Yeah cause economics says the best way to get out of an economic downturn is for people to have even less money, right?

Or the best way to make sure people get the health care they need is to make everyone purchase insurance, increasing demand on the system, but not the supply of resources and doing nothing to address the costs of those resources.

Or bailing out failing businesses.

yep, he's a bright one.

And YOU are suppossed to some highly educated lawyer? I think the lesson here is some of the best education money can buy does not always translate into actual higher intelligence.

Last edited:

Your assessment of Clinton is inaccurate. Clinton benefited from the growth oriented Reagan era policies, the peace dividend, the Gingrich Congress, the Y2K tech spend bulge, the Dotcom Bubble, and the Telecom Bubble.

Your assessment of Bush is inadequate for other reasons.

And one can hardly call your ignorance of economics a Good Start.

like i said, you simply will claim that it was a republican congress that is the only reason Clinton succeeded.:cuckoo:

but i though the republican mantra was never to raise taxes? so why did they let clinton raise taxes on only the wealthy? doesnt that go against supply side / voodoo economics? why did that alienate the republican base?

FactCheck.org: Were Clinton's policies responsible for the 1990s' economic growth?

clinton in fact raised taxes with huge opposition from the republicans, who "denounced it as the largest tax increase in history."

under Reagon GDP declined, and the deficit rose. since that time supply side economics has been widely discredited as sound economic policy.
The Failure of Supply-Side Economics
Economist's View: The Great Lie of Supply-Side Economics
Robert Creamer: New Economic Data Shows that Right Wing Economic Theory Is Simply Wrong.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back