The Economy

Has the economy improved since Obama took office?

• Yes

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • No

Votes: 20 64.5%
  • About the same

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters
Also, how will Romney's planned tax changes that will effectively increase taxes on lower- and middle-income Amercans improve the economy?

tell us what his tax changes are and link them please.

Did you answer this question mr. freemason9?

G.T. provided that link you so desperately need. Now, please answer the question.

From the link:

In his campaign for the Republican presidential nomination, Mitt Romney has proposed permanently extending the 2001-03 tax cuts, further cutting individual income tax rates, broadening the tax base by reducing tax preferences, eliminating taxation of investment income of most individual taxpayers, reducing the corporate income tax, eliminating the estate tax, and repealing the alternative minimum tax (AMT) and the taxes enacted in 2010’s health reform legislation. The Tax Policy Center (TPC) has completed a preliminary analysis of the Romney plan, based on information posted on the campaign website and email exchanges with campaign policy advisors. Because we have received no details on proposals to reduce tax preferences, the TPC analysis does not include those proposals.

Just how does Romney intend to engage in "further cutting individual income tax rates, broadening the tax base by reducing tax preferences, eliminating taxation of investment income of most individual taxpayers, reducing the corporate income tax, eliminating the estate tax, and repealing the alternative minimum tax (AMT) and the taxes enacted in 2010’s health reform legislation" without raising SOMEBODY'S taxes? I'd really like to know how he plans to do this.

I object to your sig line. I'm a "birther". I don't believe Obama was legally qualified to become president. I'm not on your list.

BTW, even IF Obama was born in Hawaii, he was adopted by his step father in Indonesia and had Indonesian citizenship. He claimed to be a "citizen of the world". IMO that makes him unqualified for being our president. Especially if he went to Pakistan on an Indonesian passport after the age of majority since Indonesia doesn't accept dual citizenship. That means he would have had to give up his American citizenship to get that passport.

I'm not rehashing the pompass 1, 000 birther theories with you and derailing someone's thread. And - I'm not changing my list, simply because you asked.

tell us what his tax changes are and link them please.

I understand he intends to cut the top marginal rates. Correct? If he does that without increasing revenue elsewhere, the deficits will increase. So, tell me where this extra money will come from.

Or does he just plan on running higher deficits, ala Bush?

Hmmm....I am beginning to think you are a poser.
I have been a Freemason for over 20 years and I have never met a single one in all these years who embrace progressive liberalism.

Then you just eat the sandwiches and the soup, then!

I am not a "progressive liberal," and I resist such childish labels. Liberalism is merely a bandaid on the infected, gaping wound created by crony capitalism; it allows wage slavery to continue in this country by keeping the poorest fed (poorly), clothed (shabbily), and housed (dangerously), without actually giving them the means for opportunity.

Liberalism is as racist, evil, and loathsome as conservativism. Your failure to understand that indicates the simplicity of your thought process, and I cannot do anything about that.

Not all of your brothers think in similarly low terms.

I understand he intends to cut the top marginal rates. Correct? If he does that without increasing revenue elsewhere, the deficits will increase. So, tell me where this extra money will come from.

Or does he just plan on running higher deficits, ala Bush?

Hmmm....I am beginning to think you are a poser.
I have been a Freemason for over 20 years and I have never met a single one in all these years who embrace progressive liberalism.

I am not a "progressive liberal," and I resist such childish labels. Liberalism is merely a bandaid on the infected, gaping wound created by crony capitalism; it allows wage slavery to continue in this country by keeping the poorest fed (poorly), clothed (shabbily), and housed (dangerously), without actually giving them the means for opportunity.

Liberalism is as racist, evil, and loathsome as conservativism. Your failure to understand that indicates the simplicity of your thought process, and I cannot do anything about that.

:lol::lol:
Now I know your not

So, would you consider yourself a Bolshevik, or do you just call yourself a Chomskyite?

Please support your response.
Yes. However it still was not dealt in the right way, and we would have been a hell of a lot better off taking the lumps, letting unions know that they don't run shit... And of course 'Too big to Fail" is absolutely horseshit.

Improvement has been slight.
And 4 years previous does not count. Your question was since Obama took office.

If I can't base it off of history then I would change my vote to its gotten worse. Growth is natural stagnation is not.

you were bitching 6 months ago that you had no work, what happened to that? Then you say your making about 200,000 k a year? Which is it?

Not all businesses are as simple or small as your peabrain.

Forum List

Back