The Economy is in Trouble - What do we do to fix this? Ideas Welcome -

Discussion in 'Economy' started by ALocalWay, Jun 4, 2011.

1. ALocalWay

ALocalWay Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    This thread is being set up for a PRODUCTIVE discussion on what we can do as American citizens to help our own economy. If we expect Washington to stop the reckless spending then maybe we should also practice what we preach and stop the reckless spending in our own lives. After speaking to a few industry leaders - I am on a quest to find solutions to help recirculate American cash in local communities without changing the average American's lifestyle. I do not pretend to have all the answers and welcome productive banter. I am at the point right now believing that the most effective solution is shopping local and buying more American products until the international trade balances itself out. And yes - I do know that this task of figuring it out and spreading awareness is huge - but isn't that what we are all here for? :razz:
    So Shop Local, Buy American = More $$$ and More USA Jobs = More Evenly Spread Taxes because more People with jobs to pay taxes & more businesses to pay taxes = lower deficit - Right?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,684
    Massive gov't spending cuts.
    Elimination of the Federal Reserve.
    Bring back the Glass-Steagall Act.
    Tariffs.
    Eliminate the Income Tax.

3. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Buy American what ?

4. ALocalWay

ALocalWay Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Right now there is a stream of money being tapped out of our country - going overseas and across borders - do you think that even with all the changes that you suggested that will be enough to balance the money flow - in and out - by tarriffs - you are reffering to the unfair trade practices that are in place now - raising tarriffs on the imports. What of all your suggestions do you feel would ahve the most impact or the most immediate results - thank you so much for taking the time to post - ;-)

5. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    How about if everyone who got bailed out payed us back with interest ?

6. ALocalWay

ALocalWay Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Buying American "what" is what I am working on - I researched beer and the impact it could have on our economy and jobs - by switching to an American Brand owned by a 100% American corp actually could make a huge difference - but how do you get a guy to change his beer? I am still mifted that the big 3 beer American beer companies are not owned by Americans - lol

7. ALocalWay

ALocalWay Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I still do not understand all that - and I am being honest when I say I have looked at it and I cannot understand why there is not a return on the investment - and why the people are expected to sacrifice while the Big Biz are sitting pretty and Wall Street is hopping - who is looking out for the majority of Americans

8. william the wie

william the wie Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,624
    A good start and might make a really good thread but the devil is in the details.

9. HUGGY

HUGGY I Post Because I Care Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,285
    I underget what you are tying to do with this thread but the economy is not repairable with the present set of conditions. Politicians can blowviate hot air all they want but the problem with America's economy is with Americans...not elected public representatives.

Capitalism and free enterprise economics is really very simple. As long as it is "playing by the rules" to seek the lowest cost of labor anywhere in the globe there will be fewer and fewer things made in America and fewer manufacturing jobs. As long as it is "playing by the rules" to sell foreign manufactured products in America stupid Americans will continue to jump over dollars to save dimes and perpetuate the cycle.

The solution is simple. Buy American manufactured goods and services. There is no other way to turn this thing around. It will never happen because Americans are stupid and selfish. They will lose everything and be forced to eat out of dumpsters before they stop shopping at Walmart...and even then they will blame everyone but themselves and their own self destructive choices.

Americans are getting what they deserve. Nothing more..and nothing less.

I hope they all get E-Coli from foreign produce. I hope they spend their last dollar on some crap from China.

America is not worthy of prosperity.

10. KissMy

KissMy Free Breast Exam

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,925