The economy is fucked. What is on the horizon?

What is on the horizon?

• Depression

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Hyperinflation

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters
I think Stagflation is likely, I fear Plutocracy will be the result. Plutocracy + a loss of representation in government by the middleclass = a real tea party reaction and the potential for political violence.

Revolution has generally been carried out by the middleclass and given the attacks on police, fire and civil servents extremists on both sides of the aisle ought to think hard; it can happen here.

President Romney.
I know the reasoning behind your argument and I agree with it as a practical political matter but the GOP puts out a sacrificial lamb against Democratic incumbents and the right-wing is restive so I say president Bachman. That is afterall the way we got the star of "Bedtime for Bonzo" as a two term president.

Hmmm. The direction of the economy is dependent upon fuel prices. If gas price stays at $3.50 a gallon the economy will stagnate, if it drops it will start to gain a little steam, if it rises again the bottom will drop out. The numbers we get are always 2 months out of phase with reality. Along with the high food prices the American consumer can only spend so much and food and gas are necessities.

President Romney.
I know the reasoning behind your argument and I agree with it as a practical political matter but the GOP puts out a sacrificial lamb against Democratic incumbents and the right-wing is restive so I say president Bachman. That is afterall the way we got the star of "Bedtime for Bonzo" as a two term president.

Romney is polling at 26% in Iowa, which is tied for first, and he isn't even trying. It's too early but put a gun to my head and I'd bet Romney will be President in 2013.

There is only one of two things that can happen to the US economy...
You don't remember Stagflation do you?

If we're really unlucky... which I suspect we will be (thanks leftists) we're looking at French Revolution combined with Weimar Republic. Nothing like a currency reset to wreck a nation and set it up for a hate based dictator.

I think Stagflation is likely, I fear Plutocracy will be the result. Plutocracy + a loss of representation in government by the middleclass = a real tea party reaction and the potential for political violence.

Revolution has generally been carried out by the middleclass and given the attacks on police, fire and civil servents extremists on both sides of the aisle ought to think hard; it can happen here.
Plutocracy? hell, the leftist natural progression to soviet style leftism or fascism is what you should be afraid of.

Forum List

Back