The Economy has come to this In Toledo Ohio

Oct 18, 2008
Bowling Green Ohio
I was born and raised in Toledo but moved to Bowling Green Ohio after I got married in 2007 and am very saddened to see the state of my former city I called home. They have a 27 million dollar deficit that they claim grows at the rate of 100 grand a day so they are laying off 300 city employees including 75 police officers, thats on top of 75 that were already laid off and countless others that took early retirement rather than see their pensions and pay go down thats 150 total out of a 600 man force with NO new police classes scheduled anytime soon. I was watching the late news last night and they said that they expect the gang task force to be totally eliminated and the swat team to be cut in half. I understand times are tough for all but does it have to come down to risking the safety of the general public?

Last edited:
I was born and raised in Toledo but moved to Bowling Green Ohio after I got married in 2007 and am very saddened to see the state of my former city I called home. They have a 27 million dollar deficit that they claim grows at the rate of 100 grand a day so they are laying off 300 city employees including 75 police officers, thats on top of 75 that were already laid off and countless others that took early retirement rather than see their pensions and pay go down thats 150 total out of a 600 man force with NO new police classes scheduled anytime soon. I was watching the late news last night and they said that they expect the gang task force to be totally eliminated and the swat team to be cut in half. I understand times are tough for all but does it have to come down to risking the safety of the general public?

Carty was also complaining about the ones who took early retirement because they had accumulated vacation and sick time I believe? I get Toledo news here.

Last edited:
Have felt for some time that our losses in gross manufacturing operations inside the US had not really come to roost. It is unfortunate.

Have said it here before, but I would like to see laws prohibiting companies from outsourcing US jobs when it is done only to boost their bottom lines.

Realize this has many controversial aspects, but my experiences in corporate America revealed abuse in this area over and over again and more often than not the direct beneficiaries were a few top level people in those companies. And this is not class warfare. That is just how it was.

Forum List

Back