The Economic Impact of Raising Taxes on High-Income Households

Um, they did cause growth. Check the record for the 24+ months after they were enacted.

Well what happened? How many years have they (tax cuts) been in place? And somehow I couldn't find those supposed "job growth" numbers from the Bush years. But I sure could find a lot of job losses.
Even after the tax cuts had been in place for some time. How is that possible?

Jared Bernstein: The Economic Impact of Raising Taxes on High-Income Households

Growth and jobs. History shows that higher taxes are compatible with economic growth and job creation: job creation and GDP growth were significantly stronger following the Clinton tax increases than following the Bush tax cuts. Further, the Congressional Budget office (CBO) concludes that letting the Bush-era tax cuts expire on schedule would strengthen long-term economic growth, on balance, if policymakers used the revenue saved to reduce deficits. In other words, any negative impact on economic growth from increasing taxes on high-income people would be more than offset by the positive effects of using the resulting revenue gain to reduce the budget deficit. Tax increases can also be used to fund, or to forestall cuts in, productive public investments in areas that support growth such as public education, basic research, and infrastructure.

Well rightwingers?

When has Congress ever used additional revenue to reduce the deficit?

Um, they did cause growth. Check the record for the 24+ months after they were enacted.

Well what happened? How many years have they (tax cuts) been in place? And somehow I couldn't find those supposed "job growth" numbers from the Bush years. But I sure could find a lot of job losses.

if you take into consideration factors honest economists take into consideration, you would not look foolish asking that question.

Since 2000...

We now have voice mail....so long multiple receptionists
We now have email...so long 20 person mailrooms
We now have advanced computers.....so long graphics departments
We now have boolean search engines...so long research departments
And then you take into consideration population growth...
And finally....a typical and expected recession based on market saturation.

Using Obama's explanation....

Imagine how bad the numbers would have been WITHOUT the tax cuts.

if you take into consideration factors honest economists take into consideration, you would not look foolish asking that question.

Since 2000...

We now have voice mail....so long multiple receptionists
We now have email...so long 20 person mailrooms
We now have advanced computers.....so long graphics departments
We now have boolean search engines...so long research departments
And then you take into consideration population growth...
And finally....a typical and expected recession based on market saturation.

Using Obama's explanation....

Imagine how bad the numbers would have been WITHOUT the tax cuts.

The PC and Microsoft office eliminated the secretary. It used to be there was one secretary for every 4 office workers. Now there are none. That job title practically doesn't exist any longer.

If you follow the leftist philosophy that the higher the taxes are, the better the economy, then the best economy is taxes at 100%. Once taxes are 100% everyone will be on welfare and corporate CEOs will be replaced by government bureaucrats who get the same welfare as the janitors.

New Topics

Forum List

Back